Relegation

Amo69

The Drop  

609 members have voted

1. 1. Will Villa Go Down?

• Yes
    • No
    • Unsure

Jesus - its us or wigan - I really wish people would speculating that teams who have yielded more than us this season - will loose there remaining 3 or 4 games - highly unlikely,  - your position in the tables says how likely you are to win matches - I doubt if the teams below will loose all there remaining fixtures - let alone a team above us !!

We may ironically find ourselves not bothered with a Wigan win on the last day as it may send Newcastle down. Struggling to see the barcodes get another point all season after yesterday

Everyone said that about Sunderland and Stoke, then look what happened over the course of 2 games. Newcastle are 3 points ahead of us, with a better GD, they will most likely get 3 points from somewhere to make them safe. The fact is we were too far behind the likes of Stoke, Norwich, S'land and N'castle and it would/will have required a massive collapse for us to finish above any of them. It's between us and Wigan, we just have to do everything we can to not allow it to go down the the final game.

I will become a Baggies fan for one time only next weekend.

If we win tomorrow, we will be even with Newcastle with the same games played and they will only have a 2 or 3 goal lead in GD.  We have a much better run in than the barcodes.

The bolded part is funny because we are exactly the same point total behind the teams you listed as we are ahead of Wigan.  So is it going to take a "massive" collapse by us to get relegated, or are you talking nonsense?

Jesus - its us or wigan - I really wish people would speculating that teams who have yielded more than us this season - will loose there remaining 3 or 4 games - highly unlikely,  - your position in the tables says how likely you are to win matches - I doubt if the teams below will loose all there remaining fixtures - let alone a team above us !!

But you are happy to think we will lose them all.  Logic.

We may ironically find ourselves not bothered with a Wigan win on the last day as it may send Newcastle down. Struggling to see the barcodes get another point all season after yesterday

Everyone said that about Sunderland and Stoke, then look what happened over the course of 2 games. Newcastle are 3 points ahead of us, with a better GD, they will most likely get 3 points from somewhere to make them safe. The fact is we were too far behind the likes of Stoke, Norwich, S'land and N'castle and it would/will have required a massive collapse for us to finish above any of them. It's between us and Wigan, we just have to do everything we can to not allow it to go down the the final game.

If we win tomorrow, we will be even with Newcastle with the same games played and they will only have a 2 or 3 goal lead in GD.  We have a much better run in than the barcodes.

The bolded part is funny because we are exactly the same point total behind the teams you listed as we are ahead of Wigan.  So is it going to take a "massive" collapse by us to get relegated, or are you talking nonsense?

But you are happy to think we will lose them all.  Logic.

Where did you get that from ?  

For the record I think we will finish on 38 points

Not sure whether it's realism or pessismism at this stage, but after doing the predictor I have us going down. I really don't think we have the mental strength to get the results we need.

If we win tomorrow, we will be even with Newcastle with the same games played and they will only have a 2 or 3 goal lead in GD. We have a much better run in than the barcodes.

The bolded part is funny because we are exactly the same point total behind the teams you listed as we are ahead of Wigan. So is it going to take a "massive" collapse by us to get relegated, or are you talking nonsense?

Jesus - its us or wigan - I really wish people would speculating that teams who have yielded more than us this season - will loose there remaining 3 or 4 games - highly unlikely, - your position in the tables says how likely you are to win matches - I doubt if the teams below will loose all there remaining fixtures - let alone a team above us !!

But you are happy to think we will lose them all. Logic.

The tone of your comment suggested it. Apologies then.

Not sure whether it's realism or pessismism at this stage, but after doing the predictor I have us going down. I really don't think we have the mental strength to get the results we need.

A lot hinges on tommorow (understatement of the decade I know) - a victory and I think Wigan will crumble - A defeat leaves us with a lot do.

Looking at the QPR squad today, there so many players that many would appreciate as being very good footballers. Certainly plenty of 'names':

Green

Traore

Hill

Onuoha

Bosingwa

Taarabt

Granero

Jenas

M'bia

Remy

Bothroyd

Julio Cesar

Fabio

Ben-Haim

Derry

Park Ji-sung

Hoilett

Mackie

If 'appy 'arry is such a great manager, how has he got so many decent players to be relegated? Even joining QPR in November with 4 points from 12 games, he has managed just 21 points from 23 games. Not exactly the big turnaround the media and many 'neutrals' expected.

If we win tomorrow, we will be even with Newcastle with the same games played and they will only have a 2 or 3 goal lead in GD. We have a much better run in than the barcodes.

The bolded part is funny because we are exactly the same point total behind the teams you listed as we are ahead of Wigan. So is it going to take a "massive" collapse by us to get relegated, or are you talking nonsense?

Jesus - its us or wigan - I really wish people would speculating that teams who have yielded more than us this season - will loose there remaining 3 or 4 games - highly unlikely, - your position in the tables says how likely you are to win matches - I doubt if the teams below will loose all there remaining fixtures - let alone a team above us !!

To be honest i dont really understand your post smetrov

Looking at the QPR squad today, there so many players that many would appreciate as being very good footballers. Certainly plenty of 'names':

Green

Traore

Hill

Onuoha

Bosingwa

Taarabt

Granero

Jenas

M'bia

Remy

Bothroyd

Julio Cesar

Fabio

Ben-Haim

Derry

Park Ji-sung

Hoilett

Mackie

If 'appy 'arry is such a great manager, how has he got so many decent players to be relegated? Even joining QPR in November with 4 points from 12 games, he has managed just 21 points from 23 games. Not exactly the big turnaround the media and many 'neutrals' expected.

Managing those ego's isn't easy. They had been on the slide well before harry arrived. I think they just had to much to do. I said at the Jan window it would interesting to compare the fortunes of villa and QPR - who took drastically different approaches in the Jan window. 

Green

Traore

Hill

Onuoha

Bosingwa

Taarabt

Granero

Jenas

M'bia

Remy

Bothroyd

Julio Cesar

Fabio

Ben-Haim

Derry

Park Ji-sung

Hoilett

Mackie

Only player i would take out of that bunch is Remy

What don't you understand.? (seriously)

I don't think any team above us will loose all there remaining games ?

As a qualifier - I said I doubted any team below us would loose all there remaining games ?

Ergo - its us or Wigan for the final relegation spot ?  

What don't you understand.? (seriously)

I don't think any team above us will loose all there remaining games ?

As a qualifier - I said I doubted any team below us would loose all there remaining games ?

Ergo - its us or Wigan for the final relegation spot ?

but if we win tomorrow (and yes a big if) then we'll be on the same number of games as Newcastle, same points, close on GD and in better form recently. I would say us, Wigan and Newcastle

I think I am missing something - what happens if Reading and QPR win their remaining matches and Wigan and Villa lose all their remaining matches? Please be gentle with me :(

villa and Wigan play each other on the last day so your above cant happen as we'll get a point or three which relegates them or Wigan win and get 3 points thus they get relegated