Amo69

The Drop  

609 members have voted

1. 1. Will Villa Go Down?

• Yes
    • No
    • Unsure

newcastle are in trouble.

West Ham are in form, so next week they'll probably lose. then a away game QPR, who will be already relegated, so winnable last day home to Arsenal in CL ticket battle.

they can get 40 points, but this is not the time to be out of form

They are the stoke or Sunderland of a few weeks back - they got the wins to turn it around - and I feel Newcastle will. Like Sunderland and Stoke they have good players playing badly. That isn't the problem at villa - we don't have enough good players.

Despite today I feel Newcastle will pull a rabbit from the hat when they need it - probably next week.

Yes maybe but you don't get over a 6-0 home defeat very easily.

Especially when your away form is shocking and you have two away games. On top of that Newcastle are terrible when they go to London down the years.

newcastle are in trouble.

West Ham are in form, so next week they'll probably lose. then a away game QPR, who will be already relegated, so winnable last day home to Arsenal in CL ticket battle.

they can get 40 points, but this is not the time to be out of form

They are the stoke or Sunderland of a few weeks back - they got the wins to turn it around - and I feel Newcastle will. Like Sunderland and Stoke they have good players playing badly. That isn't the problem at villa - we don't have enough good players.

Despite today I feel Newcastle will pull a rabbit from the hat when they need it - probably next week.

Yes maybe but you don't get over a 6-0 home defeat very easily.

Especially when your away form is shocking and you have two away games. On top of that Newcastle are terrible when they go to London down the years.

and I think QPR being down by the time Newcastle play them will take the pressure off them. They will want to finish the season well.

The Newcastle game was a strange one. At the start of the second half they were all over liverplop like a bad suit, but once the 3rd went it in the atmosphere went like a lead balloon at St James's and they totally fell apart. They have been fairly useless all season. I went to the away game and we outplayed them.We  should have got a point in the home match but we threw it away in a awful 1st half. That Fulham game might be enough for them to stay up but they have nasty fixtures coming up. But most teams seem to be winning so I reckon we will need at least 40 pts to stay up. Everyone is saying it but we really, really, really, need to win on Monday.

The Newcastle game was a strange one. At the start of the second half they were all over liverplop like a bad suit, but once the 3rd went it in the atmosphere went like a lead balloon at St James's and they totally fell apart. They have been fairly useless all season. I went to the away game and we outplayed them.We should have got a point in the home match but we threw it away in a awful 1st half. That Fulham game might be enough for them to stay up but they have nasty fixtures coming up. But most teams seem to be winning so I reckon we will need at least 40 pts to stay up. Everyone is saying it but we really, really, really, need to win on Monday.

Personally i dont think we will get 3 points monday night. If you were to offer me 1 point now i would take it and take my chances v Norwich. Its a pity they got di canio in

The Newcastle game was a strange one. At the start of the second half they were all over liverplop like a bad suit, but once the 3rd went it in the atmosphere went like a lead balloon at St James's and they totally fell apart. They have been fairly useless all season. I went to the away game and we outplayed them.We should have got a point in the home match but we threw it away in a awful 1st half. That Fulham game might be enough for them to stay up but they have nasty fixtures coming up. But most teams seem to be winning so I reckon we will need at least 40 pts to stay up. Everyone is saying it but we really, really, really, need to win on Monday.

Personally i dont think we will get 3 points monday night. If you were to offer me 1 point now i would take it and take my chances v Norwich. Its a pity they got di canio in

Yeah this. I'd take 4 from the 2 games. That leaves Wigan needing 2 wins from their last 3 just to be level with us.

The Newcastle game was a strange one. At the start of the second half they were all over liverplop like a bad suit, but once the 3rd went it in the atmosphere went like a lead balloon at St James's and they totally fell apart. They have been fairly useless all season. I went to the away game and we outplayed them.We  should have got a point in the home match but we threw it away in a awful 1st half. That Fulham game might be enough for them to stay up but they have nasty fixtures coming up. But most teams seem to be winning so I reckon we will need at least 40 pts to stay up. Everyone is saying it but we really, really, really, need to win on Monday.

What fulham game ?

They have west ham, QPR and Arsenal

Yeah this. I'd take 4 from the 2 games. That leaves Wigan needing 2 wins from their last 3 just to be level with us.

The thing is, it doesn't matter whether we're level with Wigan or 3 points ahead of them going into that last game, it'll still be a decider. It's looking increasingly hard for us to go there and not be playing for another season in the Prem.

I have faith we can pull through though. 

The thing is, it doesn't matter whether we're level with Wigan or 3 points ahead of them going into that last game, it'll still be a decider. It's looking increasingly hard for us to go there and not be playing for another season in the Prem.

I have faith we can pull through though.

Well it does, if we are even 1 point ahead of Wigan we have the draw

Great result for Newcastle today. One things for sure Big Sam Allardyce will definitely not be looking to do them any favours after the way they treated him up there. Wouldn't it be ironic if Andy Carroll wacked in a hat trick plus against them & Kevin Nolan too.

Also, do you think any Magpies will be rooting for Sunderland in a warped sense of way against us on monday night?

So relieved about Boyce's own goal too today. I had given up hope & switched off talkshite on 88 mins seething & cursing Spuds for cockin' the whole thing up. That was a massive blow to the pie eaters, no question.

Now please PLEASE Villa, don't cock up monday night.

Being the ultra pessimist I am, I can really see Wigan beating both WBA and Swansea. 

I'd enjoy a win against Sunderland so much.

I think if we lose that, we're giving the initiative to Wigan, and losing any momentum heading into a huge Norwich game.

This great run Wigan are on is a myth, in their last four games they have drawn 2 and lost 2. They are playing well but one could argue they still aren't getting the results from this so drawing again in the last few minutes may hurt their confidence.