Relegation

Amo69

The Drop  

609 members have voted

1. 1. Will Villa Go Down?

• Yes
    • No
    • Unsure

I'm not counting my chickens yet but today's win was immense, and the confidence that will instill may just be the thing that saves our bacon. To be fair, we've been much better since the loss to Newky Broon and this improvement has given us a fighting chance of staying up.

FWIW - I thought Redknap panicked today - yes they could have been out of sight - but goalies make saves, no team puts away every chance. He took off zamora and was changing formation every 15 minutes in the second half - he threw the kitchen sink at the game at 2-1 ,  they then got a deflected equalizer - but had the wrong players on the pitch to hold on.

changed his mind about 3 times for the final sub. That panic must have got through to the players. Aside from the deflected goal they didn't create much in the second half.

I have had a look at the remaining fixtures, and I  can only see 2 more wins. If we had drawn today, I think we would of gone down. it is really that close.

to be honest I looked at the fixtures a few games ago and couldn't see any wins! So not sure you can predict only two more, who knows what will happen

I think with the momentum we have a great chance now to get this done before Wigan.

I reckon 36 or 37 points will do it. Can see us getting two draws v Liverpool and Stoke and Fulham a home win. Then I think we're capable of beating either Norwich or Sunderland.

That will be enough.

I said weeks ago we'd be fine, and today has endorsed this. I forecast we'd get 3 points at Reading and a point v QPR so we're 2 points ahead of where I thought we would be. 8 more points will see us safe and with the momentum we now have I can see us picking these points up from the Fulham, Sunderland, Norwich and Stoke fixtures.

I have had a look at the remaining fixtures, and I  can only see 2 more wins. If we had drawn today, I think we would of gone down. it is really that close.

to be fair, liverpool, stoke, fulham, norwich, sunderland and wigan are all potential wins. obviously we won't win all of them, or even most of them, but there are more than 2 wins there for us to take

If there is a wigan or qpr revival I think we will go down.  We shot down qpr's revival today - hopefully wigan will flounder as well, although we know what they did last season.....

why would we be the ones to go down in the case and not, say, sunderland?

Sunderland, 1 point from their last 5 league games.

6 games ago I said they were safe. Long may their decline continue.

Changes all the time, look back a few pages and a hell of a lot of villa fans saying we wouldn't even win another game this season.

It's why knee jerk reactions from fans should 100% of the time be ignored.

The table certainly makes for better reading.

I think after Wigan have played their 2 games in hand I think the gap between us in 17th and them in 18th will be 3 points.

If we can grind a point out of the Liverpool game then I think that will put Southampton and Sunderland bang in trouble. We then have a few winnable games at home.

I'll talk plainly. If we don't stay up from this position we're in tonight, we will have deserved to go down.