Relegation

Amo69

The Drop  

609 members have voted

1. 1. Will Villa Go Down?

• Yes
    • No
    • Unsure

I thought no team had a chance against chelsea, i remember being told on here that we couldn't expect much because of how much their squad cost.

There is no doubt we are currently the worst team in the league.

Thanks lerner you absolute word removed.

And although he didn't have his job made easy for him, lambert so far has been a complete waste of time and has actually just added to our problems.

I remember that too.

Best team in the league according to some....

Lambert needs to be given the opportunity to rectify the situation. It's no good chopping and changing the manager each year. We have Lambert now and we need to give him our support. We need continuity otherwise we'll be much more worse off.

What is the point in keeping someone who is taking us backwards with no signs of improvement?

How can it get any worse?

Edited by jim

I honestly can't get my head around this argument that even if he takes us down we should stick with him.

What utter rubbish.

Would anyone have wanted to stick with mcleish? He has acheived promotion twice in the championship but i don't remember much call for him to stay on.

The blind support for lambert is reaching the ridiculous levels lerner used to have a few years ago and still has today from one or two posters.

Also even if we do go down, Lambert knows that division and more importantly how to get out of it. As I said we need continuity now and Lambert needs to be backed.

Just because he spent a year in the championship?

I think you will find next year will be a lot different to when Norwich were in it.

Lambert has done nothing in my eyes to deserve being backed.

What is the point in changing the manager every year? Long term what will that achieve?

I agree, but also there is no point keeping someone that isn't working out just because they have only had a year. Get rid before more damage can be done.

PL isn't up to the job IMO

No it isn't but what it gives is stability and that is something this club has lacked for a long long time. BTW I am not saying I want Lambert for 10 years, just I don't believe changing the manager each year is the right way to go about things. We need stability and continuity for us to thrive and yes I am thinking long term. We may or may not go down this season, however our slide has been coming for a few years now. It's not like we were mid table or challenging for a CL place and suddenly this season we are in a relegation fight. It has been coming for the past 3 years now, so I do believe it is critical at this juncture for us to have stability at manager level for the next few years.

No it isn't but what it gives is stability and that is something this club has lacked for a long long time. BTW I am not saying I want Lambert for 10 years, just I don't believe changing the manager each year is the right way to go about things. We need stability and continuity for us to thrive and yes I am thinking long term. We may or may not go down this season, however our slide has been coming for a few years now. It's not like we were mid table or challenging for a CL place and suddenly this season we are in a relegation fight. It has been coming for the past 3 years now, so I do believe it is critical at this juncture for us to have stability at manager level for the next few years.

I agree with your points but we do not have the right man in charge (IMO), no point keeping him for the sake of it.

So who do you want or think we can attract? Villa fans all moaned and signed petitions when Lerner wanted Rafa Benitez and know look what we ended up with in Mcgleish and Lambert who are both inferior in every aspect. However we reap what we sow in that aspect. We could have had a tactical genius instead we ended up with a tactical numpty.

Which manager that is better than Lambert would want to come to Aston Villa please tell me.

Lambert needs to be given the opportunity to rectify the situation. It's no good chopping and changing the manager each year. We have Lambert now and we need to give him our support. We need continuity otherwise we'll be much more worse off.

Bennett picked at left back for the rest of the season VS new manager

I'd like to give managers a chance but when they're stubborn, refuse to believe they can misspend even £2.5m, they're taking the piss and you've got to say enough is enough.

That said, he might not start Bennett against Lukaku this weekend.

So who do you want or think we can attract? Villa fans all moaned and signed petitions when Lerner wanted Rafa Benitez and know look what we ended up with in Mcgleish and Lambert who are both inferior in every aspect. However we reap what we sow in that aspect. We could have had a tactical genius instead we ended up with a tactical numpty.

Which manager that is better than Lambert would want to come to Aston Villa please tell me.

RDM

It was inevitable the sides around us were going to start picking up points

We haven't done ourselves any favours by failing to beat these sides around us either

I cannot see any positives at the minute to say we will be a premiership club next season

Shame on the board for allowing this club to get into such a piss poor state they should be ashamed

If we go down then Lambert needs to go to.We are in a crap run if that continues and sends us down then I don't see how the guy in charge is going to suddenly turn that around and send us straight back up.