Relegation

Amo69

The Drop  

609 members have voted

1. 1. Will Villa Go Down?

• Yes
    • No
    • Unsure

Look at West Brom who are on 20 points and they have a new manager as well. 9 points from 11 is dreadful.... But I still like what Lambert is doing..

True - so WBA are doing particularly well at the moment - that doesn't really affect the point I was making that people who see so many problems are being over pessimistic. As I say had the Spurs result (for example) been reversed we would be very close to a side regarded as challenging for Top4.

I know it doesn't feel like it but the season is still in very very early days. Plenty of time for the baggies to lose a few in a row or for us to win a feww in a row, and it really doesn't matter whether it is the next few or the few after that or the few after that.

i still think we'll be fine...

not sure what it was like in the holte end, but watching on tv in hong kong at 2am with my 11 year old son, it sounded like villa park was absolutely on fire on saturday evening... great to hear...

not sure if i read correctly, but i believe we're the youngest team in the premier league at the moment...

last three games, for me, have been ace, and we've looked good going forward, which is all i've really wanted for some time... middle of the park has looked much more stable, with bannan and westwood hands down for me winning on KEA and delph...

have just rewatched benteke monstering smalling 8 different ways for the opening goal, and seeing andi weimann get in the act twice (and nearly thrice) was fab...

stevie ireland looked great on saturday, and i thought that enda stevens generally did bloody well considering how much united flowed their play through valencia...

do we have a long way to go, sure.... are we in a position we don't want to be in and are we losing games we shouldn't be, yep....

but am i seeing more positives than i've seen in a while, yep...

and do i think we're going to win enough points to stay up this season, yep...

UTV

Its a difficult one for me - play like we did on Saturday and we will be comfortably top half. However, its villa - so I know we just wont play like that. I think Arsenals a winnable game, however I think we will get murdered at the Etihad. They are due a performance. That said, I would have took 9 points at the end of the Arsenal game, before the Sunderland game tbh.

I think when the season ends, there will probably be 3 or 4 teams (dependant on where Redknapp has gone) that will probably be worse than us. I would say Southampton and Reading are certainties. Then probably Norwich or maybe Swansea/Wigan who may get dragged into it.

Think Dunne coming back may just give us a boost defensively - maybe even push Clark into midfield 4 (which for me is the weak point). Though I thought for 70 minutes Bannan and Westwood were excellent on Saturday.

If anything were inconsistant

I can think of half a dozen games this season where we have played really well but complete and utter crap in the following fixture

We have already beat city in the cup this season i hope we carry on our previous form and try and take at least a point

CI is slated for being a troll. He posts stuff to get a reaction, not because he believes it.

I've noticed a lot more point scoring posts creeping up from you lately, that's not endearing). You're just incredibly negative, which again, is your prerogative. But yes seeing as we're on the subject, I do think it's insane how anythign positive that happens is an accident in your opinion, and anythign negative is all Lambert's fault. But that's MY opinion.

I was merely trying to explain why you see things in a negative light, and why Mantis shouldn't waste his breath trying to change your opinion. I wasn't tyring to say that you should change your opinion or that you're not entitled to it.

In my opinion after speaking with CI through PM i don't think he posts for affect. He is however rather blunt with his opinion at times and indeed negative but he posts what he feels and sees which he is entitled to do.

Yes i agree there have been more point scoring posts from me lately but they have always been retaliatory in nature at some of the dogs abuse i get on here for my views when a simple question would suffice.

I don't think Mantis is trying to change my opinion at all. He like i, defends his opinion with vigour and is to be respected for that very much in the same way as CI and i defend our opinion. Both opinions should be respected and not abused because they differ.

In my opinion after speaking with CI through PM i don't think he posts for affect. He is however rather blunt with his opinion at times and indeed negative but he posts what he feels and sees which he is entitled to do.

Yes i agree there have been more point scoring posts from me lately but they have always been retaliatory in nature at some of the dogs abuse i get on here for my views when a simple question would suffice.

I don't think Mantis is trying to change my opinion at all. He like i, defends his opinion with vigour and is to be respected for that very much in the same way as CI and i defend our opinion. Both opinions should be respected and not abused because they differ.

You can also gain respect from seeing the other arguments point of view. Something you seem unable to do, even when its blatantly obvious your opinion is well wide of the mark.

If anything were inconsistant

I can think of half a dozen games this season where we have played really well but complete and utter crap in the following fixture

We have already beat city in the cup this season i hope we carry on our previous form and try and take at least a point

i think we can take it for granted that we'll give it a good go, thats' the best thing about PL's villa that we know they are going to bust a gut to try and get a result. what has been lacking is composure in the last third of the field, to either get the final ball right or the finish right. that's starting to happen for us and the team plays better as a unit now defensive and attackign phases of the game.

that said etihad is a big ask, just as the united game was. if there was any justice we'd have got a point against the team top of the table, with some luck going our way we could have had all three. a point away to man city isn't impossible, i'm not expecting any to be honest but we could get a point, then play like we did against united against arsenal and we coudl get a real confidence boosting win against them and then our season starts there.

i don't hink we'll be in a relegation fight, i think we'll finish nearer 50 points than 40...

You even had a dig in the Ron Saunders thread. You reap what you sow.

You can also gain respect from seeing the other arguments point of view. Something you seem unable to do, even when its blatantly obvious your opinion is well wide of the mark.

'Woodytom' i don't post to gain respect. If i was going to do that then my posts would always have a positive slant. My posts are honest in that they are my opinion. If that opinion is in your view wide of the mark then it is your opinion but i don't have to agree with it just to conform. I know the consensus of opinion on Lambert and i also know my opinion is very much in the minority but i look at where we are in the table and i look at our results. Both suggest that we are struggling again and therefore i post what i see rather than what people want to hear. Its as simple as that.

'Woodytom' i don't post to gain respect. If i was going to do that then my posts would always have a positive slant. My posts are honest in that they are my opinion. If that opinion is in your view wide of the mark then it is your opinion but i don't have to agree with it just to conform. I know the consensus of opinion on Lambert and i also know my opinion is very much in the minority but i look at where we are in the table and i look at our results. Both suggest that we are struggling again and therefore i post what i see rather than what people want to hear. Its as simple as that.

This is my simple religion. There is no need for temples; no need for complicated philosophy. Our own brain, our own heart is our Temple; the philosophy is kindness.

Dalai Lama

:D

I don't see much sense in drawing comparisons with West Brom based on "well, they've got a new manager and they're alright". Hodgson left of his own accord, having built and left behind a decent team for the next manager to inherit. We sacked McLeish because he was terrible, and left a mess behind for the next manager to have to clean up.

Wonder would he fancy coming out of retirement for a season or two? Could be doing with him now.

You even had a dig in the Ron Saunders thread. You reap what you sow.

Above is my post which you say is having a dig. I rather see it as wishing we had Ron Saunders in charge now. Do you think that with Ron Saunders in charge of our team we would be lying fourth bottom in the table?