Relegation

Amo69

The Drop  

609 members have voted

1. 1. Will Villa Go Down?

• Yes
    • No
    • Unsure

If by Christmas we are in the bottom three would you still give Lambert more time and a warchest to spend in January?

most definitely. you're saying you'd sack him and hire redknapp? then try and buy clint dempsey & berbatov i suppose too?

Morph, they did earn there time. MON took over a very poor leicester. Wenger took over an arsenal that were in shit street. Man utd and fergy the same etc.

They got time and support and patience and the good times followed, but it took many seasons before they got there! not 9 games or one season.

AVFCforever1991 well done for highlighting the same thing twice. Asides 2 damn players what else did them 2 ass clowns bring to this club? - Nothing!

Morph, IMO if we only picked up 9 points from now till January 1st (which I feel we will be lucky to get that on paper if we look at the upcoming fixtures till Jan 1st.).

Again I won't be panicing even if we are bottom by then (I feel some posters would have commited suicide by this stage).

You can bet your arse you will be able to throw a sheet over the clubs sitting in 9th-20th place at that time with proberly 7 pts between the lot of them so to answer your question - Yes. I would hand Lambert cash to strengthen as I have mentioned in a previous post in the Bent thread.

Everyone knows the league does not start till after christmas and by that time I can't see us too far behind points wise to be announced relegated by the end of January either even if we sit 20th in the table.

Yep much worse than O'Neill, GH, Mcleish and now Lambert. FFS!!!

Apart from McLeish, he'd have been a worse appointment than all on that list at the time that they were appointed

That bit in bold is important.

If by Christmas we are in the bottom three would you still give Lambert more time and a warchest to spend in January?

most definitely. you're saying you'd sack him and hire redknapp? then try and buy clint dempsey & berbatov i suppose too?

What has Lambert done? Most of VT last night in the Chat Room were ready to hang Lambert before we scored against the run of play and I have been called fickle on here. :lol:

Many people (myself included) like a lot of what he's done off the field - scouted abroad, spent sensibly (as opposed to buying mediocre Premier League plodders and sticking them on massive wages), brought in a new head of European scouting and tried to get rid of the deadwood. He's trying to give the much needed revamp as opposed to McLeish who came in and reinstated the bad eggs and blew a whole load of money on Hutton and N'Zogbia and although he purchased Given who was good, he stuck him on big wages and on a ridiculously long contract. Many people also see what he's trying to do with the team by getting them to pass more and play a different kind of football although obviously this will take time.

Feel free to disagree with it all you like but clearly there are reasons why people are willing to give Lambert time.

• Like 2

Yes i would sack him and replace him with Redknapp for reasons i have clearly stated. I would only purchase one of the above two as they generally play the same way and for the record i'd much prefer Dempsey so i guess i agree with Lambert on something. :o

'Patience' we have had a bundle of and 'instant results' we certainly haven't had any and thats my point. We keep hearing the term 'sleeping giant.' Ferguson stating under O'Neill that we could be the surprise package. We were told under O'Neill all about the 'five year plan' but we had to wait! Where is that 'five year plan' now? Then we had GH and then Mcleish and still we wait, wait, wait and now it's Lambert's turn. Worst start to a Premiership campaign but we are told Lambert has purchased young players and we must wait. How long for? One season, two seasons, maybe three, oh and yes, some posters are actually accepting that we might have to drop into the Championship to build but all we have to do is to wait!

I think we have waited long enough and we have been more patient than any other group of fans that i know. Waiting is over for me. I have heard more than enough excuses to do me three lifetimes concerning our club.

Just for once ask the questions that our board doesn't want to hear. Why do we have to wait? Why haven't we had any success at our club in a very long time and why have we somehow managed to appoint the wrong managers and pay compensation for them when better managers were available without having to pay a bean?

Ah but we continue to have the patience of a saint and we will continue to wait and wait.....

What do you possibly propose we do apart from wait? Everything involves waiting... Even if we got a new manager, we would have to wait for him to implement a new system to the one we have currently. Even if we got a new owner, we would have to wait for the transfer window for him to spend. If our new owner bought new players we would have to wait for them to adapt to the premier league...

Sometimes you just have to be patient. Large scale changes don't happen over night.

Many people (myself included) like a lot of what he's done off the field - scouted abroad, spent sensibly (as opposed to buying mediocre Premier League plodders and sticking them on massive wages), brought in a new head of European scouting and tried to get rid of the deadwood. He's trying to give the much needed revamp as opposed to McLeish who came in and reinstated the bad eggs and blew a whole load of money on Hutton and N'Zogbia and although he purchased Given who was good, he stuck him on big wages and on a ridiculously long contract. Many people also see what he's trying to do with the team by getting them to pass more and play a different kind of football although obviously this will take time.

Feel free to disagree with it all you like but clearly there are reasons why people are willing to give Lambert time.

Fair enough.

What do you possibly propose we do apart from wait? Everything involves waiting... Even if we got a new manager, we would have to wait for him to implement a new system to the one we have currently. Even if we got a new owner, we would have to wait for the transfer window for him to spend. If our new owner bought new players we would have to wait for them to adapt to the premier league...

Sometimes you just have to be patient. Large scale changes don't happen over night.

My point was that by continually choosing the wrong manager it has taken too long to move us forward. Lambert is going to take forever to do this because we will have to wait and see whether his signings will be good enough to play successfully in the Premiership whereas someone of the pedigree of Redknapp will bring in players who will improve us right away. Several posters on VT have already stated that they are fearful of Redknapp going to QPR because of the instant impact he can make with his teams.

I am very worried that Lambert will relegate us this season by continually following his philosophy of purchasing potential rather than the experienced quality we need right now to keep us up!

Eh ?? Points wise we are much worse off and it's likely to be worse by the end of Nov.

right, i was thinking more of how we played in the second half of last season. we were absolutely shocking, unwatchable rubbish. compared to that it's not like we've fallen anywhere,

I agree, many of the things PL has implemented are things people have been crying out for for years. A true rebuilding, not the false ones under MON and AM. The only problem is, the margin for failure is narrow, and a rebuilding project like this one runs a heavy risk of imploding if relegation becomes inevitable. Then the rebuilding is all for naught, obviously.

You can win with kids, I just hope those wins start coming soon...

• Like 1