Relegation

Amo69

The Drop  

609 members have voted

1. 1. Will Villa Go Down?

• Yes
    • No
    • Unsure

I thought after the Swansea game we'd turned a corner and would be looking to climb up the table. Typical Villa, we never build on anything and now we are well and truly in the shit, AGAIN, for the third season in a row.

The next two games are absolutely crucial; if we fail to win at least one of those I have serious doubts about whether Lambert is up to this job. It may only be the end of October but I didn't expect such a shite start as this, and no rose-tinted glasses can hide that fact. We need results, not just slightly better performances. There has been little I've seen that gives me encouragement that we'll do anything other than be totally humilated against the big boys.

I just think there is a bad smell around the club and that is Randy Lerner. Until he goes we will never be anything other than strugglers, and our luck is going to run out eventually, maybe it will be this season.

At least a blend of experience and some "overseas prospects" mixed with the current squad would have been better as an approach.

We haven't replaced Stan and the tactics are clearly not working. Something needs to change ASAP.

At least a blend of experience and some "overseas prospects" mixed with the current squad would have been better as an approach.

We haven't replaced Stan and the tactics are clearly not working. Something needs to change ASAP.

Agreed. A much better balance than we currently have although even with Petrov in our current midfield, i'm not so sure the results would have improved much. Petrov was never that dynamic a player to change a game on his own.

Why is it that a player has to "change a game" to be considered good? Petrov rarely changed games on his own but that doesn't mean that he wasn't a key player for us. I think we'd be much better off if he was still playing.

Perhaps not but Petrov sat very well in front of the back four and could orchestrate a game far far better than KEA or Delph.

I think back to Bents debut when we beat Ci£y 1-0. Stan had been getting pelters from certain posters yet his performance that night was an absolute master class. He often turned in great performances by doing lots of solid work that wouldn't make the MOTD clips but was essentially the grunt work that wins games. KEA simply doesn't have this talent.

Stan was seriously slowing down before his unfortunate illness reared its ugly head anyway, so wouldnt have changed much in my opinion. However he was able to pop up with an important goal here and there, something out of nothing once in a while, which is also where we are lacking.

I honestly thought after McLeish had been sent packing and with the good news stories coming out of the club, especially the one about how united the squad was, that things couldnt get any worse than last season. Looking at things as they are at the moment, I think the worst is yet to come!

I expected more from Lambert, especially as he was hyped up so much!

I'm quite relieved QPR failed to beat Everton today, as they probably should have done. That would have put us in the bottom 3, which would have heightened the sense of crisis. As it is, QPR missed out on a couple of valuable points that could be critical come the end of the season and may help us stay up. I think it's going to be that close.

Lambert will have to perform miracles to get this team to stay up :(

Why? Did McLeish perform miracles last season? Lambert got McLeish's team and spent quite a bit of money on top. He wouldn't need miracles to save us, he'd only have to do an acceptable job given the resources.

I have never been as sure of relegation as I am now..

Can anyone name 4 clubs that have a worse squad than us?

the teams below us, i think home form will make or break us..but no natter how you paint it,poor players are & will allways dance with the dead men down the bottom..you carnt cut wood with a blunt blade can you?

I have never been as sure of relegation as I am now..

Can anyone name 4 clubs that have a worse squad than us?

I'll be honest - I think its going to be a slugging match between:

Villa, QPR, Norwich, Reading, Wigan and Southampton.

QPR have players that might come good

Norwich have a bit of fight about them and can still beat big teams

Reading look a sure set to go down.

Wigan always go on that ridiculous winning spree in spring

Southampton will always score goals.

We need some fight or serious investment in January