General Krulak (No Transfer Questions allowed)

c-krulak

General,

There are a few "if's" in this so bear with me.

If Gareth Barry goes to Liverpool and if we did have a testimonial pencilled in for him for the 9th August, and if we were still looking to have a game on that date, then I'd imagine that we would have already budgeted not to have the ticket income from that match.

If we do have a friendly on that date, would we be in a position to maintain our current budgetary position and give the gate money form that friendly directly to Acorns or to a mixture of causes, thus expanding on our reputation as the finest footballing institution in the country?

• Replies 8.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

re the army day idea. We did something last season with a local unit just back from iraq or afghanistan. I would support the same again.

General, I echo all the others praise over acorns deal & like the recent ideas for further fundraising

Guest Ricardomeister

General, in spite of all the goals scored last season I was somewhat disappointed with the goal celebrations. Can you please have a word with MON so we can celebrate in the same way as the guys in this clip: :winkold:

Keep up the good work! :D

UTV SOTC

General,

There are a few "if's" in this so bear with me.

If Gareth Barry goes to Liverpool and if we did have a testimonial pencilled in for him for the 9th August, and if we were still looking to have a game on that date, then I'd imagine that we would have already budgeted not to have the ticket income from that match.

If we do have a friendly on that date, would we be in a position to maintain our current budgetary position and give the gate money form that friendly directly to Acorns or to a mixture of causes, thus expanding on our reputation as the finest footballing institution in the country?

would totally agree Scott, fantastic idea a friendly against a big European name with a donation to Acorns would be a fantastic way to launch them at home

General,

If I have a suggestion re. Nike merchandise, who at the club can I address it to.? I only ask because I would love to be able to buy the classic Nike Windrunner jacket in Villa colours. I know that Nike are doing them for national teams like Portugal and Brazil - not sure about club sides.

BTW - I am currently reading 'Armageddon - The Battle for Germany 1944-45' by Max Hastings. If you have not read it, I can recommend it. Gives a very balanced view on all the armies in the field on both fronts.

General,

I have renewed my season tickets this morning by telephone. My call was handled in a completely friendly and efficient manner and took no longer than a few minutes. My questions were answered and I was offered the options of joining the away and cup schemes.

I was left with the impression that the club are employing quality people and, just as importantly, giving them quality training.

If only the banks and utility companies in the UK could take a leaf out of the Villa's book!

For the record the lady that I spoke to introduced herself as Donna.

Thanks.

Hi Gen

I emailed the Villa store website last week regarding being able to get hold of the new shirt when I'm out in America next month, I want one whilst i'm there obviously to show off, any idea if you know of any Nike stores or sports shops that will stock it - we're flying to LA and cruising around in a motor home for a few weeks, it comes on sale over here whilst i'm away hence the reason for this msg, they've not replied yet, well they hadnt last time i looked.

Oh a quick thanks to you and everyone at the club for a top quality season last yr, hope it continues and we all see progress again in all area's.

Again thanks, all my love and support, Neil.

x (for u MON - wink wink).

General Krulak here:

1. Terrytini: Yes, I did understand what you were saying and I tried to say that I agreed with you....and that people staying late is our goal overtime. You mentioned a "cuppa and TV." Sounds simple but....one of the big issues is simply how many of the catering staff do we retain and for how long after the game. There are pretty large sums of money involved here and we need to "get it right." That is why I mentioned the need to ensure we have things that will attract people to stay...and a way to estimate what that number might be. This is the sort of thing we are working on.

2. We do have an exclusive on the lager so we need to be very careful that we do not violate the deal.

3. Web Site: We recognize we still have difficulties and are working on them.

4. Ksarge1: We had a military day last season....and we loved it. We will be doing something this year too.

5. Paulanddonya: A) Liverpool knows EXACTLY what our price is...and has yet to hit it. We have not set a deadline as yet. Your assumption about disruption is way off. It may be a big deal for the media and for the fans but the Squad is not distracted...our Coaches will not let that happen. These are pros and they see this sort of thing often...maybe not with Villa but this is not a surprise to them. B) We would absolutely deal with Liverpool if they had someone we wanted. We would not cut off our nose to spite our face. C) Not sure about friendly...and not sure I will get into that issue....that is for MON to decide along with Randy. D) Acorns vs regular sponsor. We will meet that issue later this year...no decision has been made.

6) OutbyEaster: Interesting idea.

7) Ricardomeister: I will get clip to MON immediately!!

8) John Goodman: Please call John Greenfield...he can help.

Hi General,

Just a quick query regarding player sponsorship. (As an example) IF Gareth Barry was to move to Liverpool, would issues arise over the fact that Barry is presumambly sponsored by Nike here at Villa, but would move to a club sponsored by Adidas? I'm just interested as to whether if there are issues, whether it is a club matter, or purely between the player and the sponsor. There have been a couple of instances recently hinting at such an issue - Ronaldo sponsored by Nike moving to Madrid sponsored by Adidas - and supposedly Man City talking to Ronaldinho's sponsors about his move there. IF it is a matter for clubs to deal with, would that technically mean buying a player who is already sponsored by Nike would be cheaper than one who is not? And would a certain club with a certain manager be more interested in those kinds of players because it was financially better? Not that I want to start a rumour mill here..... :)

General Krulak here:

2. We do have an exclusive on the lager so we need to be very careful that we do not violate the deal.

General i used to work for Carlsberg and got 2 crates free a month and never drank it :lol:

An easy fix on this would be to have maybe one pump of Carlsberg Export on each Kiosk so people have a choice and this means you stick to your deal.

I had to go on a beer tasting course when i worked for them and it was so funny that when we were tasting different beers and had to guess which it was everyone spat the one beer out saying "yuk thats Carlsberg!" :lol:

General krulak here:

1. Player sponsorship...Nike, Adidas, etc. is strictly between player and sponsor. The Club does not take it into account in transfers.

2. I will try and stay out of the lager business. Many fans I know like Carlsberg...it's a matter of taste...literally.

3. MON works players...not Bob Kain. If he can help, he will but that is not his remit.

General let me jump aboard the lager bandwagon and propose that we cast aside the big questionable brewerys and go local. Find some small local brewing operation with a tasty lager, buy them out and start producing our own branded beer. Imagine coming to Villa park and drinking Aston Villa's own premium brew now wouldn't you want to grab a case from the club shop to bring home. Instant fanbase - instant brand, no supplier = extra revenue, we start distributing it locally, obviously the Bluenoses wouldn't touch the stuff but the moment you walk into a bar or club in the West Midlands you would instantly be able to indentify gentlemen of class by the fact that they are enjoy Villa's finest lager. With the midlands conquered next up is the world. Picture young Asian men toiling in the fields, they finish their grueling day and all they want to do is sit back and enjoy some football, what do they drink? Obviously it would be the beer that matches the team they love to watch. Before we know it the revenues from the Villa brewing empire start paying players wages and Villa becomes the first club in football to give away all season tickets. What's more the club could then sponser it's own shirts with it's own brand. General I present to you "Pride Premium" the official beer of Aston Villa FC:

pride.jpg

Of course I expect you will be running straight to Randy to inform him of my masterstroke of marketing and branding genius, that's quite alright. I will be waiting right here for when the club wishes to pay me to:

a) Sample brews

B) Perfect the idea

c) Run the venture

d) Drink us out of business

Thanks for answering General, it's a shame you have an exclusive deal with the lager, is this a long term contract? As someone said, it would be great to get a Carlsberg Export pump, Export is my favourite beer whilst normal Carlsberg is down there with my worst. It's from the same company so i wouldn't see why they would have a problem with this.

General let me jump aboard the lager bandwagon and propose that we cast aside the big questionable brewerys and go local. Find some small local brewing operation with a tasty lager, buy them out and start producing our own branded beer. Imagine coming to Villa park and drinking Aston Villa's own premium brew now wouldn't you want to grab a case from the club shop to bring home. Instant fanbase - instant brand, no supplier = extra revenue, we start distributing it locally, obviously the Bluenoses wouldn't touch the stuff but the moment you walk into a bar or club in the West Midlands you would instantly be able to indentify gentlemen of class by the fact that they are enjoy Villa's finest lager. With the midlands conquered next up is the world. Picture young Asian men toiling in the fields, they finish their grueling day and all they want to do is sit back and enjoy some football, what do they drink? Obviously it would be the beer that matches the team they love to watch. Before we know it the revenues from the Villa brewing empire start paying players wages and Villa becomes the first club in football to give away all season tickets. What's more the club could then sponser it's own shirts with it's own brand. General I present to you "Pride Premium" the official beer of Aston Villa FC:

pride.jpg

Of course I expect you will be running straight to Randy to inform him of my masterstroke of marketing and branding genius, that's quite alright. I will be waiting right here for when the club wishes to pay me to:

a) Sample brews

B) Perfect the idea

c) Run the venture

d) Drink us out of business

OUTSTANDING IDEA!!

Separately General....

You mentioned earlier that AVTV is being looked at, does this include the issue with Mac computers? ME and NuremburgVillan both have issues, (and when I say issues, AVTV doesn't WORK AT ALL with Mac computers!!). Sorry to make the topic something specific, but I'd appreciate a response that is maybe directed to me...:) Cheers, Brendan

I feel ashamed for not knowing this but "what is the name of the song that the players walk out to ?"

Being a season ticket holder, I should bow my head in shame but hey ho.

sorry guys.

Sorry to answer for the Gen but I believe it is Escape by Craig Armstrong. Unless they changed it again in the last few games.