General Krulak (No Transfer Questions allowed)

c-krulak

Apologies General, for my earlier post. i need to lay off the beer, it kind of distorts things, turning me into a silly old prat.

Apologies to everyone else too.

Thank you.

Please could everyone take heed of what has been said by Gen. K - he's not going to post anymore on Gareth Barry questions right now. Also, please keep the thread to stuff for the General, not discussions between posters. Thanks. Blandy

• Replies 8.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi General - few questions you might be able to answer or get someone else to tell us!

1. Girlfriend is pestering me, very annoyed no ladies kit last year - are we getting one this year?

2. Ignoring the whole sponsorship issue do we have a date for kit release yet? That's preview and purchase dates.

3. And on a personal note (cos no-one other than MON and RL know) when do you expect our first signing to made; start a pool!

Keep up the great work. Bet it's nice to read a post without the mention of Liverpool and Barry.... damn! :winkold:

General - I just wnat to let you know that many of us understand why the club is dealing with the Barry issue in the way it is, and agree with you. Liverpool were once a club that conducted themselves in the way that we are doing now and whatever people think of Doug, I want to personally thank him for not selling to Gilette and choosing Randy - we'd have gone from bad to worse instead of having a group of people who care about our club, its tradition and the fans.

No player is bigger than the club, if GB goes good luck to him. My only comment would be that he is a mug if he does as we will be bigger and better than Liverpool before long and I for one will enjoy reminding Gerrard and Benitez of their stupidity!!

Keep up the good work - UP THE VILLA

General,

I noticed that last season the official site had a countdown to the next match which did'nt actually countdown. It only gave the 'static' time to the match from when you logged in. Is there any chance we could have a 'live' countdown like this one used by Warwickshire County Cricket Club? www.edgbaston.com and can this be set up for the start of the season?

Maybe we could have one for when the fixtures are out and then the next match.

In my opinion it is an improvement on what we have.....and it would help me count down to the new season.

Please take time to have a look and see what you think.

Many thanks.

General....please do not get too uptight and angry....it is only passion from people who care about AVFC....amongst all the threads have you had chance to have a look at my post?

Hi General As this is my first post to you can I firstly say what a great job Yourself, Randy, Martin and all of your team are doing. No matter how negative some posters we are currently in one of the most exciting times in our great clubs history so please keep up the good work.

Some people need to take a reality check when I took my first season ticket in 1986 we averaged a gate of 13k. We have just averaged over 40k with a team full of internationals and qualifying for europe.

The main reason for my post is that last year on a visit to Baltimore I took in a baseball game at Camden Yards when the Orioles took on the Yankees. Its a great venue all round but what struck me more than anything was that fans were encouraged into the stadium early on but you firstly went into a kind of fanzone before taking your seat. In this area was shops, bars, barbecue, entertainment, promotions. The atmosphere was great and a real attraction before the main event. Not sure if you have been to Camden Yards but is this something we could do to enhance and prolong the matchday experience?

General Krulak here:

1. Yes to yearbook.

2. US is years behind England. The issue is the experience of the coaches who are dealing with the 4-6 years old and up here in the US. Many of the coaches are simply moms or dads trying to help out...they don't know the game and don't know how to coach. Until we straighten this out, we will not be competitive. My sense is that when this current generation of High School and University players start coaching, we will be better off.

3 Fuse: No more on Barry. No more on tapping. If you think, for a nano-second, that I am going to come on this web site and start talking about what we have or have not done re. tapping...or when Randy, MON and Barry are meeting next, you are sadly mistaken. Try to remember that more than fans read this site.

4. Villafromluton: I am not sure whether you were asking if Randy and I were close. Simply put, we are very close. I consider him a son...and a dear friend. He looks at me in much the same way...except for the age. We talk or e-mail daily. I have HUGE respect for him and for what he is doing with his life.

5. I am not sure about the 3rd kit but will ask. The first view of the new kit will come before our first Intertoto game. We hope to have women's gear this coming year.

6. Yes, I have been to Camden Yards. What you experienced is repeated around the US at almost every sporting event...the tailgate party. We would LOVE to see that sort of thing happen at Villa. The only drawback is the lack of parking because most of the tailgating takes place there.

Are you watching the Trinidad & Tobago vs England game by the way General? If so, im sure you are smiling as much as i am to see GB notch his first England goal. :nod:

5. I am not sure about the 3rd kit but will ask. The first view of the new kit will come before our first Intertoto game. We hope to have women's gear this coming year.

General, i thought the kit was to be released on the 1st of June, or at least pictures of it released. Why the delay?

Many thanks :)

The main reason for my post is that last year on a visit to Baltimore I took in a baseball game at Camden Yards when the Orioles took on the Yankees. Its a great venue all round but what struck me more than anything was that fans were encouraged into the stadium early on but you firstly went into a kind of fanzone before taking your seat. In this area was shops, bars, barbecue, entertainment, promotions. The atmosphere was great and a real attraction before the main event. Not sure if you have been to Camden Yards but is this something we could do to enhance and prolong the matchday experience?

It should also be noted that the main architects for Camden Yards (and Cleveland Browns Stadium), HOK Sport, have also been retained by Villa to design improvements to VP...

General Krulak here:

4. Villafromluton: I am not sure whether you were asking if Randy and I were close. Simply put, we are very close. I consider him a son...and a dear friend. He looks at me in much the same way...except for the age. We talk or e-mail daily. I have HUGE respect for him and for what he is doing with his life.

General, after your post re: Blues aftermath, when you said you and Randy sat down together after the game and soaked up the magic that had just happened, I had no doubt about the relationship between you and Randy, and i'm so glad we have that at our club (unlike a certain club who encourage their manager to tap up other players :D)

And thanks for your reply re: US football. Maybe your comrades across the pond will come and give us a thrashing in ten years time :winkold:

General, I guess all the posting on the different Villa sites is very similar to visiting the different stands at the games and chatting with the fans..So, come on, which site is the Holte End? :)

Hi General,

Do you think we are actually going to see any new players at VP this summer ? I'm starting to get really stressed now, all I am hearing is reports of players leaving the club (Barry, Maloney, Harewood) plus of course those who have gone already. By my reckoning we are going to have to sign in the region of about 12 players to improve on the squad we had last season. I will be renewing my season ticket despite the above inflation price rises but will be absolutely gutted if I have to watch an inferior team playing for a mid table position. There is loads of talk of ambition and regular european football but I honestly am struggling to see how we can achieve this without the 12 new players and a massive transfer kitty. I have faith in Martin but I wish we could have a few more actions rather than just words.

Thanks for everything you, Randy and MON have done so far by the way.

General, my question is simple, is it very early June where you are ?

I only ask as I'm a bit worried that we've been left behind and that some Villa fans are already in mid-July :winkold:

General,

with the recent furore over season ticket renewals, it should be noted that SSN have just reported the most and least expensive season ticket costs in the Premiership. Obviously the Top 4 were all upwards of £750. Wigan were cheapest with AVFC next. That's phenomenal considering the season's achievements and where the club is working towards.

kudos!

Hi General,

Do you think we are actually going to see any new players at VP this summer ? I'm starting to get really stressed now, all I am hearing is reports of players leaving the club .....

mcsmudger, the General does not discuss transfers at all. It may help if you take a look at some of the previous posts to see if any questions you were thinking of asking have been asked.