General Krulak (No Transfer Questions allowed)

c-krulak

can you please explaine to me why we are selling and not buying

as we have now got a smaller squad than when we started at at the

begining and at the end we are now a futher 6 players down when are we going

to see these big so called stars that you promise us two years ago

a lot of us are losing there rag as we see the likes of spurs and other teams

buying while we are doing nothing all the players we are being link with yet we are doing what is being done nothing if the season started tomorrow we would be

in trouble so i want to knon when can we expect our frist signing :?:

• Replies 8.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

General,

Whilst I do not want to bombard you with Barry comments, it has become very clear in the hour or so research that I have done that both Liverpool FC, their captain and manager have broken three major code of conducts in their pursuit of Gareth Barry (check out the front page in a day or so folks ;) ) and we should not allow this to happen. Liverpool have been found guilty of unsettling and 'tapping up' players before and it is our duty to the club and players who do wish to stay, as well as the league, that we do not continue to let them get away with this.

Thanks.

General,

Is the target for next season, a Champions League position?

Not a loaded question, but it would be good to know.

My 'theory' on the 5 year plan is - consolidation (done), Europe (done), def. Europe and seriously compete for CL position (next season), CL position (following season), compete for title (following season).

Also, when will we do the League/CL double?

:winkold:

PS - ignore the whatstheirnames who complain that we havent signed anybody by May 31. I'll be one if we havent signed players by mid-July, but not until then...

Hi General,

I see it's time to get the flak jacket out again hey! We are passionate about our players and losing them to the "big 4" always hurts.

I cannot wait until we are up their and courting their best players. It is with that in mind that I would like to suggest to you that, as a way of getting in some practise, Villa make an official bid of £30 Million for Steven Gerrard. After all, he is desperate to play alongisde our club captain and MON is rumoured to be looking for someone to play right midfield, from where Gerrard scored 20+ goals 2 seasons ago!

General

Not wishing to beat you around the head with this topic but if this is the forum to take the pulse of the supporters then here goes.

I don't want us to take the high 'professional' ground with Liverpool. Yes for sure when we are looking at players conduct our selves as Randy would like but we are the ones under attack here. Liverpool's manager and captain are openly appraoching Barry. What did Rafa say "if you your captain wants to leave it is unfortunate but get over it". Why the hell can't we say iif we don't want to sell a player that is under contract then you get over it beacuse under no circumstances is he coming to you and by the way here is our offer for Gerrard. Isn't attack the best form of defense (not spelling!).

Take a leaf out of ManUtd book last season. One of their players wanted to go Liverpool and they said no. The player wanted to go, Liverpool wanted him but Fergie refused to sell to a rival. They even went to court over it but Fergie won out in the end. He was protecting his turf. That player is now in Spain!

Right now I would rather you tell Barry he can't leave, his contract can expire in 2 years and then he can go where he wants. I don't care if he is unhappy. I don't want an arrogant rival pushing us around. Coconuts Gerneral is what we want to see and I don't mean the ones that grow on trees. As has been said before, today it is Barry, tomorrow it will be Young. I tell you, it is the way it has been for years, learn from the mistakes of the past.

Keep up the fantastic work and remember coconuts good sir.

By coincidence this is the latest out of Man Utd... from Sunday Times

This is us and his is how I would love Villa to react.

MANCHESTER United are so determined not to sell Cristiano Ronaldo to Real Madrid that they would let him rot on the sidelines rather than cave in to pressure should the player and the Spanish champions try to force through a move. The hardline stance was spelt out by Sir Alex Ferguson and comes directly from the Glazer family, who control United. For United’s American owners, standing up to Real has become a point of principle and they are understood to have echoed in private the vow that Ferguson has made publicly - not to allow the Spanish giants to “ride roughshod” over their club.

“The thing people miss the point about is that I’ve had a couple of meetings with the Glazers,” said Ferguson. “Their attitude is ‘to hell with them’ (Real). They would sit a player in the stand. There’s absolutely no doubt about it. They’d do it just to prove a point and not to give in to these people. They’ve got balls, I can tell you. I’ve been delighted with them in that respect.”

And from From BBC..... (professional and clear)

AC Milan have rejected an approach from Chelsea for permission to talk to coach Carlo Ancelotti about the vacant manager's position at Stamford Bridge

In 2007, he signed two-year contract extension to keep him at Milan until 2010.

Galliani added: "The fact that our coach is sought after and esteemed pleases me a lot but Carlo Ancelotti will remain Milan's coach."

General,

Whilst I do not want to bombard you with Barry comments, it has become very clear in the hour or so research that I have done that both Liverpool FC, their captain and manager have broken three major code of conducts in their pursuit of Gareth Barry (check out the front page in a day or so folks ;) ) and we should not allow this to happen. Liverpool have been found guilty of unsettling and 'tapping up' players before and it is our duty to the club and players who do wish to stay, as well as the league, that we do not continue to let them get away with this.

Thanks.

I would like to re-enforce this viewpoint as well General. I'm sure your fully aware and would not want to tell you what to do but i think a complaint to the FA is needed and when they ignore that because its Liverpool, another one should be sent.

Also when do we see the new kit?

:D

GENERAL - we love you........ & possibly trust you more than Martin (who still has to prove himself in the transfer market & team selections, on occasions last season ........in my opinion).

Liverplop....... have you heard of Margaret Thatcher? "U turn if you want to - the lady is not for turning" . This is obviously not a direct comparison - however it showed BIG BALLS & this is what I want from you & AVFC board. Don't stand for any bullsh*t. Lets make a BIG comment & then attack........'& sink the Belgrano' - a bid for Gerard would be absolute quality.......do not make another comment.....do not have any debate.

WE NEED TO SHOW AVFC & RANDY MEAN BUSINESS

please can posters now leave the Barry thing until, or unless, new facts arise now. Thanks. Blandy and leave that evil witch out of it

Hi General,

Just a quick question, something I was thinking about after the England-USA match.

Do you think, with the potential money the MLS could have, that the grassroots level in the US will help them overtake the English game, and if so, how far are they from doing that?

And will we be extracting some of that talent? :D

General Krulak here:

1. Barry: This is my last post on this subject since many of you obviously have not read what I have written before. Please go back and read my multiple posts on this same subject...stop "not liking" my answers and therefore disregarding them or somehow gaffing them off. They are the answer...busting my chops over the answer is not going to change the answer. As I have said MANY times, your Club wants our Captain to stay! MON and Randy have personally given that message to Barry face-to-face! MON has TWICE firmly rejected the Liverpool offer...and done so in writing and over the phone. The desire of some of you for us to change the way we operate this Football Club and take this issue to the media...to complain publically...is NOT GOING TO HAPPEN!!! You may believe that makes us look like wimps and pushovers...so be it!! We know who we are and how we have conducted ourselves in multiple business opportunities...to include another sports franchise. I have heard you and so has Randy....and we have decided to act like we have always acted...as professionals who have built reputations over the years of acting in a manner that brings credit to our efforts and results in successes over a long time. Whinging and moaning...publically...does not fit into our makeup. I am VERY sorry if this disappoints some of you. For those who understand what we are doing and why...and who trust us to do right by the Club....thank you!!

When will Randy, MON and Gareth be meeting next? As this subject is so important it would be good if the supporters knew when we might get some answers.

General, thanks for taking the time to answer the question AGAIN! The conduct of the club, in this matter especially, suggests to me that the word of Theodore Roosevelt may be apt, "Talk softly but carry a big stick".

My belief is that you, Randy and MON - despite the occasional apparent appearance of the fey Irishman character - probably subscribe to that ethos. Personally, I trust you all to do the right thing in the right way and settle accounts in an appropriate manner.

General, I now live about 80 miles awayfrom VP but me and the lad get to most games, my daughter still love4s Darius Vassell as he scored openinjg goal when Carlton Cole looked great before your time. I really love whatr RL and you have done for the club, this probably has been answered before due to snidey comments in the papers about whose house is this :) There are perhaps silly rumours that you two are not so close, can you give us your version on that?.

General we hear you, the worry is that you do not hear us guys that have been around awhile. Very shortly we will know if the approach adopted by Villa vs. the approach taken by others (i.e. make very loud sand bold tatements of intent) is successful, I will be the 1st to say you were right if we do not get screwed here but if Barry leaves underpriced with not so much as wimper then you will have lost the battle.... not the war but 1st battle to break the so called big four. Good luck, we are 110% behind you.

General, firstly this is the first time I have ever spoken on this thread but i would like to say what an exceptional job the board have done in last two years. I have had a season ticket since 2000 (as a student) when times were ok....but very quickly went downhill! I now feel proud again to say 'I am an Aston Villa Supporter', I think a few more fans should think about this!

As for Gareth Barry, yes he is a very good footballer, and I do not want him to leave. However, if he does, Randy and MON have earned the right to be trusted in doing what is best for the club.

I am positive Liverpool will feel the backlash of this saga even if we do not hear about it the 'press'.

Thanks for your hard work General. Just have a few questions.

1: Do you know if we'll be having a 3rd kit this season? (Like last years black one)

2: Sorry if I've missed it before, but there's hundreds of pages.. is there a date in the future (However vague it may be) that you think we will begin work on the stadium, to increase its capacity?

3: If there's a date/yes answer to the above question, which areas of the stadium will be increased?

Keep up the good work and enjoy your summer. Big season for both the Browns and the Villa come the end of summer!

-Kurt.

General,

I understand why we would not want to pursue anything through the media as that clearly would be unprofessional but reporting Liverpool to the FA for tapping up in my mind is different. I don't see why you and the other board members would consider this sort of action unprofessional - perhaps you could explain further. The rules are their and they are clearly being broken by Liverpool.

For the record, I'd rather let Barry rot in the reserves than give in and sell him however I appreciate that the economics of that would be unviable.

Thanks