General Krulak (No Transfer Questions allowed)

c-krulak

Hi,

1st time i've posted in this particular thread.

I'd like to think you, Randy and the team for all you have done so far. We all appreciate it and we really are heading in the right direction. More than a decent start on the pitch this season and I think we can achieve the 1st stepping stone of Europe, especially as our remaining home games are against sides outside the top 6.

Off the field - superb!!!

Just wanted to offer some advice. My season ticket is Holte End Lower, however I gave the Doug Ellis lower a try on Saturday in the cup. At half time, it took ages to get served for food and drink. This wasn't the staff's fault, the problem was that 3 of them had to share 1 till. I think it would improve speed if more tills were introduced. I presume they don't cost that much. Just a thought anyway.

Looking forward to traveling Europe with you next season :-)

Quality stuff!!!

• Replies 8.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

General I noticed a lot of people are talking about the Martin Laursen and Olly Mellberg situations, I was wondering if the club might be a little too friendly to players, I say this as we allowed Juan Angel to go on a free to ease his wages, but perhaps could have got a fee... Anyway my thought was could we not sign both to a lucrative deal, 3 year contracts for 50k a week and sell both of them in the summer, we get them till the summer and they get their moves then not knowing we intend to sell them then and can use the funds to replace them? Its something I tend to do on Video Games lol

I tend to travel to games on the train, parking my car for free at Lea Hall Station. It costs me £1.90 return, I'm not sitting in queues burning fuel for an hour or so, do not have to pay high parking fees if I want to park off road or worry about what state my car will be in if I do. It also takes me about 50 mins to get home after most games

Cheers :)

Is there usually space there?

yes, they have a tarmaced carpark next to the station and an asphelt one a little further up the road or on street parking right next to it.

The benfit I get for it is it really reduces the travel/parking costs, I can get away from the ground pretty quickly without leaving early, and its a fairly comfortable journey.

you could have done all that via pm, or on a new thread. This one is for Q&A /comment for Gen K.

General,

I had a go regarding the Man Utd tickets so it is only right that I say well done for the ticket scheme for the council workers (I'm not one). Hopefully it will attract some new supporters and/or some lapsed supporters to Villa Park.

Are you and/or Randy over for the game on Saturday?

General,

Congrats on another good ticket scheme idea, but did it have to be for the civil servants? Do you know how much we pay those bastards in council tax? :winkold:

I've noticed that the first 1000 Blackburn supporters to buy tickets for this game will also only pay £10, have we had to offer them at this price because of our offer to home fans? or is there another reason?

Also, I know you've spent some time in the company of the US presidential candidates. Who do you think will win the democrat and republican vote, and which do you think will go on to become President? ( I am not asking for your personal political preferences)

Hi General,

Hope you and your family had a great Christmas and the New Year was seen in with a few beers inside you! :)

I haven't commented on this site for a while but have been reading a lot of what people are saying. I think that you are a man of very high tolerance and I urge you to keep cool and keep coming back for more because you are greatly received and appreciated.

I am not against the ticketing price for the Man Utd FA Cup game. I agree with you that this a top class game as it is the 3rd round of the best cup competition in the world and we were playing the current English Champions. There is only one real reason that the attendance was so low in my opinion, that is because the majority of Villa fans knew we would lose to Man Utd and have to suffer the indignity of having their gloating fans sitting amongst us. I know lots of Villa fans who said they weren't going to the game because they knew what it was going to be like. I am sure that if it was guaranteed that Villa would really give them a game and the result could go either way, you could have charged £50 a ticket and the place would have been full! Unfortunately, although the team has vastly improved during Randy's ownership, we are still a long way away from being able to give Man Utd a real game. When that day comes General, you can bet that Villa Park will be full every game! :)

I would like to remind you of past season tickets. We used to get to see the first cup match of the season for free as part of the deal when purchasing a season ticket. It usually used to be the first UEFA cup game, which was usually against a poor team anyway! I mention this because I firmly believe that Villa will be back playing European football next season General. The Man Utd game may be a blessing in disguise as now the team only have the league games to concentrate on and I am sure that all of the negativeness of the FA cup game will be forgotten when Villa fans are going to see UEFA cup football again next season.

Finally General, I remember going to the Villa to watch an outstanding defender called Paul McGrath whom Villa fans renamed "GOD". I have not seen a player at the club since worthy of this accolade until Martin Laursen. The man is brilliant and every Villa fan that I talk to says the same. I know so many people who are angry with the club for allowing a situation to develop where we can lose 2 of our very best players, Olof Mellberg included! I know you don't get involved with the playing side of matters General but I beg you to please let MON know just how much the fans love these 2 players. I am sure Randy has a tidy amount in his bank account but no amount of money could replace Martin Laursen in my opinion. You can keep your John Terry's and Rio Ferdinand's and they are both Englishmen! give me the Great Dane wearing the Villa number 5 shirt any day! If there is a God then please let Martin remain an"Aston Martin"

Thanks for everything General,

Best Wishes Jason aka Villarocker

General Krulak here:

1. Parking and transportation: As many of you know, the Club is working very hard at seeking ways to enhance the movement to and from Villa Park...and for increasing parking. Simply put, we would love to be masters of our own destiny but both of these subjects are dependent upon things outside of our control. Suffice it to say that we are working to improve matters and have been for quite some time. The Supporters Group have also been helping us look at this issue.

2. We are looking at the Blackburn game and the date and time it is played. We need to be very thoughtful in this regard because we recognize many would applaud the move but others may well be hurt by it. We need to do what is right for the majority of our fans...and will try to do just that.

3. I will look into "opening time" before games.

4. Martin Laursen: As I have said many times before, I am not involved in players...and the transfer window. All I can say on this issue is that I am sure that MON is watching the same games that we watch...and the same players. We have to trust that he will do the right thing...and understand that he knows far more about the situation in the club house and on the pitch and about his players than we do. I am sure that there is a good deal that goes into decisions re. players and I am just not confident that I, nor any other fan, can really suss out the entire situation like the Manager can.

5. The Suffering Villa: Thank you so much for your complete report....I will pass it on to the Leadership at Villa Park and to Randy. You make some very good points and the entire report is helpful from the standpoint of what we have done right and where we may have some work to do. Well written and well done.

6. paulanddonya: Interesting that you saw an advert for MBNA...because there is no MBNA anymore. MBNA was sold to Bank of America a couple of years ago and the term MBNA ceased to exist. I was the Chairman and CEO of MBNA Euorpe Bank, Ltd located in Chester...and Randy eventually became Chairman of the organization. When MBNA was sold, I believe the Europe Bank kept the name for a year or so.

7. Shirt sponsor. The 32Red.com sponsorship will end at the end of this season. We are currently looking at what we want to do next...and are obviously talking. We would like to get this sorted sooner than later because we do want to get our kit out earlier this year.

6. paulanddonya: Interesting that you saw an advert for MBNA...because there is no MBNA anymore. MBNA was sold to Bank of America a couple of years ago and the term MBNA ceased to exist. I was the Chairman and CEO of MBNA Euorpe Bank, Ltd located in Chester...and Randy eventually became Chairman of the organization. When MBNA was sold, I believe the Europe Bank kept the name for a year or so.

Are you sure about this? (Incidentally, obv you will be). My credit card bills have MBNA on them, as does my credit card which I received about 6 weeks ago.

2. We are looking at the Blackburn game and the date and time it is played. We need to be very thoughtful in this regard because we recognize many would applaud the move but others may well be hurt by it. We need to do what is right for the majority of our fans...and will try to do just that.

General. At what point can a foreign fan (i.e. me) reliably and safely book a flight for a Premier League match, if the club or TV can decide within a few weeks of the game that the game will now be played on another day? I have flights booked for the Blackburn game and now the game is being 'looked at' ? I assume I now risk losing my flight money ? I know of plenty of people who were hugely inconvenienced financially and otherwise when the Liverpool game was moved to a Monday 8pm kick off too.

Of course I understand that matches have to be moved, but at what point is the deadline when it is reasonable to say 'most people will have made arrangements at this point' ?

General,

Congrats on another good ticket scheme idea, but did it have to be for the civil servants? Do you know how much we pay those bastards in council tax? :winkold:

I've noticed that the first 1000 Blackburn supporters to buy tickets for this game will also only pay £10, have we had to offer them at this price because of our offer to home fans? or is there another reason?

Also, I know you've spent some time in the company of the US presidential candidates. Who do you think will win the democrat and republican vote, and which do you think will go on to become President? ( I am not asking for your personal political preferences)

General, you seem to have missed these questions.

Gen

Thats wierd then !!. I could have been mistaken because I was playing my DS at the time, I thought I heard the words MBNA, looked up, saw it was some kind of banking advert and presumed it was them - I must have misheard it then.

But, on the original question - have you an idea when the 2008-2009 kit will be out for general sale.

can I just say by the way, it gets my goat how some people speak to you on here. Nobody agrees on everything - I bet the queen and Phillip even have a few ding-dongs !!, but surely to god, the way some people, corp1982 an example - word their views is disgraceful. It shows no respect. Thanks for tolerating this. For mods and users alike - you don't have to agree with the club - and I am sure the General would like to hear your views no matter how bad they are - but for god sake, be respectful !!!.

MODS - I really think any that are put in such a disrespectful way should be deleted !.

I agree totally with BOF, I also have my flights booked for the Blackburn game and dont want to lose them. I have already lost my flights for the game away to Liverpool.

Please dont change it General. I always wait for the Sky and Setanta schedules to be revealed before I book my flights, so I dont need this to worry about as well!!!!

General,

One smaller note on changing the dates of games, we now have a first team game at Liverpool and a reserve team game at Derby scheduled to take place simultaneously on the 21st January.

That makes it difficult to decide on the best way to use fringe players, it means the manager won't be able to see the reserves play and it places a deal of pressure on the clubs infrastructure in preparing two squads for travel at the same time.

Is there a likelihood that the reserve game will be moved?

OBE

General,

One smaller note on changing the dates of games, we now have a first team game at Liverpool and a reserve team game at Derby scheduled to take place simultaneously on the 21st January.

That makes it difficult to decide on the best way to use fringe players, it means the manager won't be able to see the reserves play and it places a deal of pressure on the clubs infrastructure in preparing two squads for travel at the same time.

Is there a likelihood that the reserve game will be moved?

OBE

It has been moved, now 24 hours later

General, whoever at the club gave Tom Hanks a Bright future scarf for Cherley's War Premiere should be congratulated, it is fantastic publicty for Villa which few clubs get

I wonder if he has been invited to the Reading game as he is in the country ?