General Krulak (No Transfer Questions allowed)

c-krulak

General Krulak here:

1. First off, I did not attend the game. More disappointing, I could not even hear it on the radio or see it on the telly. I was forced to get the game info from the Internet...in 2 minute bites. You all obviously had a much better ability to analyze the game than I did. I was on an emotional roller coaster. I went from worried to happy to euphoric to worried to gutted....but, unfortunately, I did it by watching a "ticker tape" approach to the game. All I really know about the game is from what was in the media and what I have read on the fan sites. There is one thing I do know: MON is a competitor and as a competitor, he must feel pretty upset. He certainly does not go out on the sidelines and try to make mistakes...and neither does his Squad. As I have said many, many, times over...we believe in MON...and we believe in this Squad. There is no question that this was a hard game to tie having been up 4-1. My sense is that the only good thing that will come out of this game (although we did get a point) is the experience that our Lads went through and will have to remember. I know, these are professionals and are paid to do a job....but I wasn't on the Pitch with them and I didn't even see or hear the game. I do not know the pressures that they felt...and I certainly do not know the lessons they learned. What I do know is that we have a Manager who will use this game to the Squads' advantage. I am not an expert on football but I do know that when I was in the Forces, a situation like this can be a real educational opportunity...a launch point. I have full faith in MON and full faith in our Squad.

2. Paulanddonya: I am not sure how you can possibly expect me to answer your question. First off, as I have indicated, we have full faith in MON and in our Squad. Secondly, if any discussions were to be held with MON, they certainly wouldn't be discussed on a web site. The Board has complete faith in MON and support his Squad 110%. One game is not going to change that. We see definite improvement. Remember, the goal is to put a consistently (key point) winning squad on the Pitch. Nothing has changed from that goal. We are moving in that direction and I think that is obvious to most fans. Yesterday hurt...from the consistency standpoint...but we are moving forward. We believe in MON and believe in this Squad.

• Replies 8.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

General,

I would very much be grateful if you could pass on some comments to Mr Marlon Harewood. There has been alot of negativity expressed at the guy when he came to the club and his performances recently have not been to the high standard that I am sure he expects from himself as a professional or we do as Villa Fans.

I ask him to perserve with us and work harder to put the awkward start and the nightmare he had yesterday. Fans are fickel and I am sure he will have a bright future if he works hard, shows keeness and a commitment to the club. If he does this and scores a few goals he will be a firm favourite. Maybe a couple against the blues will do that :clap:

Currently, it appears when on the pitch Harewood is trying to impress to much; namely defending and giving away needless penalties. Calmdown Marlon it will come. Concentrate on the basics and keep going. One thing I think all fans do want from you is 100% commitment. Run your socks off close down the keeper if he is walking out the area to launch the ball etc. Come on Marlon show us what you have! I believe in you and many do.

Thanks General for all your time and hardwork.

Mr Moggy :flag:

General Krulak here:

1. First off, I did not attend the game. More disappointing, I could not even hear it on the radio or see it on the telly. I was forced to get the game info from the Internet...in 2 minute bites. You all obviously had a much better ability to analyze the game than I did. I was on an emotional roller coaster. I went from worried to happy to euphoric to worried to gutted....but, unfortunately, I did it by watching a "ticker tape" approach to the game. All I really know about the game is from what was in the media and what I have read on the fan sites. There is one thing I do know: MON is a competitor and as a competitor, he must feel pretty upset. He certainly does not go out on the sidelines and try to make mistakes...and neither does his Squad. As I have said many, many, times over...we believe in MON...and we believe in this Squad. There is no question that this was a hard game to tie having been up 4-1. My sense is that the only good thing that will come out of this game (although we did get a point) is the experience that our Lads went through and will have to remember. I know, these are professionals and are paid to do a job....but I wasn't on the Pitch with them and I didn't even see or hear the game. I do not know the pressures that they felt...and I certainly do not know the lessons they learned. What I do know is that we have a Manager who will use this game to the Squads' advantage. I am not an expert on football but I do know that when I was in the Forces, a situation like this can be a real educational opportunity...a launch point. I have full faith in MON and full faith in our Squad.

2. Paulanddonya: I am not sure how you can possibly expect me to answer your question. First off, as I have indicated, we have full faith in MON and in our Squad. Secondly, if any discussions were to be held with MON, they certainly wouldn't be discussed on a web site. The Board has complete faith in MON and support his Squad 110%. One game is not going to change that. We see definite improvement. Remember, the goal is to put a consistently (key point) winning squad on the Pitch. Nothing has changed from that goal. We are moving in that direction and I think that is obvious to most fans. Yesterday hurt...from the consistency standpoint...but we are moving forward. We believe in MON and believe in this Squad.

Well said General, it took Man Utd and Alex Ferguson years to win anything and longer to become consistant. A 5 year plan with MON at the helm, with all the highs and lows, is what is needed. Given time and support MON will build a formidable team at VP, I've had enough of chopping and changing managers, we've got the best so let's get behind him, sustained success will not come overnight.

General Krulak here:

Surprised you say you followed the game on the internet every 2 mins General. Why don't you open an account with VillaWorld and listen to the game online? I know the commentary on the Villa site can be something of a joke at times...but it's still a better option than watching a website for any updates.

1. First off, I did not attend the game. More disappointing, I could not even hear it on the radio or see it on the telly.

If you were travelling in North America, might I recommend Sirius... I was listening to the game while working...

General may I suggest a annual subscription to Setanta Broadband, the service allows you to watch their broadcasts over the web in North America, I was able to watch the Spurs game thanks to my subscription. They don't show all games but having that option for such circumstances as Monday may be well worthwhile especially as I'm sure the club will foot the bill of $140.

General Krulak here:

1. Web site: It should have gone live last week. Basically, we will not go live until it is completely sorted...or, at least to the point where we accept it as ready to go. My sense is it won't be much longer.

2. I had to laugh about Setanta...that is what Randy has and he was updating me every 10 minutes or so. Rest assured, I would never charge the Club for that...put the $140 against the upcoming transfer season...may purchase a toe-nail.

3. 37,149 tickets sold to date for West Ham...we should get 41,000. We will have soldiers from the Staffordshire Regiment at the game. Manchester United will be sold out.

Hi general

just a quick question about the derby in a months time, tickets go on sale this Monday (8th) to season ticket holders, and as so, ill be buying one and give the lads my full support, just wondering if the club will be running official travel to the game , from villa park to the sty.

It may seem needles to some, but for myself id rather get to VP and get aboard a coach to the sty then take the car( yes it may be only 6 miles but still id rather have some good banter on a coach). I only ask because i didn't see any cost/info about it on the OT

anyway, thanks in advance, Ian Howard

Gen i went into the ticket office to get a ticket for my cousin today and the man in the said there were only about a 1`000 seats left? Either way its going to be a good attendance, good on the new regime

general read you were posting on the forums and had to come see for myself you know it's really great you take time to converse with the fans like this

mark (in the ticket office) informed me there were only a few thousand tickets left this afternoon and they were expecting about 39,000. I couldn't get anywhere near my friend in his regular seat because there were none spare in the section so the game must be pretty full. in the end my friend got his seat moved so we could sit together in the upper holte near the side. very helpful!

General Krulak here:

2. I had to laugh about Setanta...that is what Randy has and he was updating me every 10 minutes or so. Rest assured, I would never charge the Club for that...put the $140 against the upcoming transfer season...may purchase a toe-nail.

I should demand that as a freebie General. Otherwise, turn the heating off in the camera gantrys during the winter!

:winkold: