General Krulak (No Transfer Questions allowed)

c-krulak

• Replies 8.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

General krulak here:

Back to some answers I owe you all:

1. Re the fan who mentioned no hot food before kick-off: I checked with Alison and she indicated that every Club kiosk had hot food. She wanted to know if this might have been a stand outside of the grounds.

Hi General, and thanks for looking into this.

It was not an outside stand, it was inside the north stand.

Hope this helps.

Gen

Walking to the ground last night I commented on something and thought i'd let you know (don't get me started on the game !)

Me and my babbie had some chips on the way to the ground adn when we'd finished we found there isn't a bin anywhere near Villa park (coming from the direction of Queens Road Police Station), now, as I am a good citizen, I carried the papers until we were in the ground and dumped them in a wheelie bin in the holte but now I know why oustide it's always littered with old food - can we have bins (especially around areas where food kiosks are - I know they aren't employed by Villa but i presume its the club that has to pay for the street cleaning afterwards)

Game - blinking annoyed full stop !!

General krulak here:

2. Re the comment about Ramseys and beer. Alison read the comment and went tso the bar herself first thing Monday and checked the barrels and pipes...she indicates that all still had beer, lager and cider in them . This was obviously "operator error" and she has spoken with the individuals concerned.

Nice one.....we got the drinks we wanted on Wednesday night (but not the result!!)

I know it's been mentioned and noted and surely investigated but the toilets in the Upper Holte were like a smoking room at half time last night.

It might well be up to the fans to report it but seeing as it was like a wall of smoke as soon as you walked in I can't believe that a member of staff wouldn't have noticed something.

But then, it was hardly the worst part of last night!

General krulak here:

Back to some answers I owe you all:

1. Re the fan who mentioned no hot food before kick-off: I checked with Alison and she indicated that every Club kiosk had hot food. She wanted to know if this might have been a stand outside of the grounds.

Hi General, and thanks for looking into this.

It was not an outside stand, it was inside the north stand.

Hope this helps.

Just to help you out there mate, and maybe this releases a bit of stress of the General having to contact people to find the answer to this. The North Stand kiosks were selling hot food until about 5 minutes 'til Kick-Off as my friend arrived that time and couldn't get food wheras i came 10 minutes beforehand and got some :D hope this Helps

Pope

Hi General,

Being dragged, bored to tears, round the supermarket the other day I couldn't help thinking what a great untapped market this is for shifting a hell of a lot of Villa shirts. Everyone has to visit them at least once or twice a week, they're open for more hours than any other retail establishment and are a sitting duck market for "I want, Iwant" kids and bored dads. You could make it a section with other merchandise. Great for the brand awareness.

(And I'll even settle for a measley 10% cut for the idea)

P.S. I think the fans should take a bit of responsibility for their part in Wednesday loss, where were the other 20,000 who stayed at home. Poor performance all round.

General ,

After the leicester game me and my brother walked up to the holte pub just to check if it was still invite only to get in .

The chap who greeted us at the door had all the personallity of a wet flip flop .

Im sure a lot of people ask him the same question and all that but when someone looks at me like something on the bottom of there shoe it rather pees me off !

Apologies for being picky but i thought it should be mentioned .

Up the villa !

Hello General - (1) How about a lucky seat draw, win say £100, but draw it AFTER the final whistle, or at 90 minutes ? - Keep people in their seats longer ?

(2) How about a few benches around the walls of the Upper Holte and bar stools at the big windows ? - You see, looking out those windows for an hour and half before the game is my lifelong habit - but it's getting harder to stay on my feet that long as my joints age !!

Just to help you out there mate, and maybe this releases a bit of stress of the General having to contact people to find the answer to this. The North Stand kiosks were selling hot food until about 5 minutes 'til Kick-Off as my friend arrived that time and couldn't get food wheras i came 10 minutes beforehand and got some :D hope this Helps

Pope

I was there at least ten mins before KO and there was nothing, maybe they had sold out?

Still doesnt solve the problem though does it?

General there is another thread on here about our sponsor having problems, i was just wondering if you could give us some information on this. I appreciate that you may not be able to comment. If say they went out of business would there be a chance that the sponsor could change half was through the season

General krulak here:

1. Smoking: We are getting a grip on this...over the past 2 games we have sent a significant number of people out of Villa Park for violating the smoking regulation. We will continue to eject people until we get folks to become "believers." Bottom Line: We are on this...we may not be as fast as you would want but...we are taking firm action.

2. Bins: A very good suggestion.

3. I am saddened to hear that the greeter at the door of the Holte was not professional in his actions and demeanor. I will look into who and why.

4. Stools/benches at windows. Sounds like a simple fix...let me see why something like that hasn't been done before.

RE: Your Gold comment

General i would just like to say, that I hope the tabloid response to your BCFC comment does not put you off being yourself in future on this forum.

I am sure I speak for many on this forum when I say that your straightforwardness and honesty has been a refreshing part of the Ason Villa revolution under Randy and MON, and hope you continue to play the role you have been playing. It is has been fantastic for us to be able to communicate with you and I appreciate your candour. I hope you feel that you can continue to do this in the way you have been. I really appreciate and enjoy reading your comments and I hope this continues.

In short, don't let the bastards grind you down. Especially one little filth selling bastard with a Napoleon complex.

1. Smoking: We are getting a grip on this...over the past 2 games we have sent a significant number of people out of Villa Park for violating the smoking regulation. We will continue to eject people until we get folks to become "believers."

Any other solutions than the hostility against fans?

Sort of puts smokers to be second class citisens, weak, ill, criminal... how about a place to smoke?

Very modern solution across europe, and everybodys happy.

BOF : Being evicted for breaking the law is not 'hostility'. Knowingly smoking in a non-smoking stadium is stupidity.

General ,

After the leicester game me and my brother walked up to the holte pub just to check if it was still invite only to get in .

The chap who greeted us at the door had all the personallity of a wet flip flop .

Im sure a lot of people ask him the same question and all that but when someone looks at me like something on the bottom of there shoe it rather pees me off ! Apologies for being picky but i thought it should be mentioned

Gen

I raised this about 40 pages back when I went up to enquire what the opening hours were in the week and got a "your names not down , you'r not coming in" response - shame they haven't improved.

General,

On the flip side of this, I was at Villa Park on the day of Villa vs Inter Milan and the AVFC security man at the front of the Holte Pub was a shining example of friendliness and customer service. It was the first match day that the Holte had been open for, and the poor fella was inundated with supporters trying to get in despite not having invites.

However, this guy still allowed me and a friend to pose for a photo just inside the gate with our Irish flag, and he even held one side of the flag and took a photo using our camera for us.

What I'm getting at is that, while I'm sure there can be bad experiences, my experience of this person was excellent and I would hate for one bad apple to spoil the bunch.

G.