General Krulak (No Transfer Questions allowed)

c-krulak

General

this is my first post to you may i just say a big thank you for putting our much dented pride back in our club,over the last few years it has took a bit of a knock you could say.

with all the will in the world you can not keep all happy but do not think we do not appreciate all the hard work done by MON Randy and yourself for coming on here and telling it as it is,some of our fans do not know when they are well of and should think of the dark days we have been through.

O by the way bloody love the away kit big thank you for that a touch of class 82 all over again. :winkold:

• Replies 8.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

General, it has become quite clear that martin needs help with signing players, im sure if you asked, there would be some people on here willing to help.

I seriously doubt that Martin needs any help whatsoever with signing players, having been in professional football for a significant number of years. And even if he did, I can't imagine that he'd consider cherry-picking from Villatalk's motley array of keyboard warriors, Football Manager addicts and semi-literate panic merchants.

(I place myself in the first of those categories, by the way.)

On topic, thanks must go to the General for his drive, tolerance and the heart-warming comments he sprinkles upon this thread.

General Krulak here:

1. Randy did the intial design work on the kits...colors, sleeves, etc...Nike then made mock-ups and Randy and MON made final picks, Porto must have been reading Randy's mind when they got their kits!!!

2. I am not sure when squad numbers will be released but I would imagine it will be soon.

3. The Holte Suite will be done in a very tasteful manner....everyone will be pleased. I am not sure about the issue re. programmes. Are you saying you don't want the programme included in price?

4. We will be erecting stands where fans will be able to observe the Squad training at Bodymoor Heath.

5. The intent is for the Holte Pub to be open during the week. Obviously, we will determine times over a period of "trial and error."

6. Rather than get into a big discussion of the price of shirts on this site, I would ask that you call John Greenfield (or stop by for a visit) and ask him about pricing, display on web site, etc. It will be quicker and easier for you to get the info at this time...since I am in US.

7. I have encouraged each division of our folks at Villa Park to look at the 4 fan web-sites that I am on every couple of days to get "situational awareness" of the issues as you see them. Allison Plant and Nicky Keye are perfect examples of folks who are following the sites.

8. V111AFC...I think that MON has a handle on how to negotiate the transfer market...but thanks for the offer.

General on behalf of all Villa fans, thanks for making the effort to continue to communicate with us as you have been doing. I have to admit i was half expecting to hear less from you as some people continued to moan, whinge or gripe with their extremely high levels of wit :roll: . You, the board and MON continue to do the club proud and don't let the doubters knock you!!

Cheers Sir

Hello General.

I notice that the new online store is finished and looking good. This made me wonder if you had an update on the OS and when its new look might be coming in? You said during the summer at some point, so any chance it might be soon?

If it hasn't been designed yet i would quite happily do it, if you need anyone that is :D

Many thanks.

The new online store is much much improved, but there's still the flaw that there's still no facility to get the 10% season ticket discount online. Which to me is a big drop off.

For people who can't just nip down to the real world shop(s) it's a discouragement for both impulse buys, and planned shopping.

it would be nice if the ability to enter your patron code, or some other "proof" of season ticket holder status were available (perhaps in the gift certificate code box.

3. The Holte Suite will be done in a very tasteful manner....everyone will be pleased. I am not sure about the issue re. programmes. Are you saying you don't want the programme included in price?

Well the thing is for me the programme offers me nothing I can't read on the net I believe we should not be forced to buy one and have a 50p entrance fee as well

I would not argue with say an entrance fee of £1 but I would argue no such thing is needed it only amounts surely to say £500 a game anyway and thats not a lot

General,

I see the ticket details for the first couple of away games have appeared on the ticket page of the official site.

There is no info of our allocations......please can we have this back!

Cheers.

General, when are the season tickets being despatched?

I just can't wait for the season to start, what you guys have done to my beloved club is just fantastic..don't worry about the moaners, you always get them..If you gave them free choclate each week they would moan you are making them fat..

I know we are going to have a great year this year !!

The kit looks great

hi general

i was in the middle of signing up for the new online store when i found that my home country(estonia) wasnt listed on the country menu?

in the previous version it didnt allow credit card payments from estonia so i had to send my stuff to freinds working or studing in europe. had hoped this was solved but not this way.

cheers

long time estonian fan

päärn

The new online store is much much improved, but there's still the flaw that there's still no facility to get the 10% season ticket discount online. Which to me is a big drop off.

For people who can't just nip down to the real world shop(s) it's a discouragement for both impulse buys, and planned shopping.

it would be nice if the ability to enter your patron code, or some other "proof" of season ticket holder status were available (perhaps in the gift certificate code box.

And why are prices shown ex VAT? - surely price you pay (i.e incl VAT) should be shown as is normal in retail. (Or perhaps show both if necessary for any overseas purchasers)

And why are prices shown ex VAT? - surely price you pay (i.e incl VAT) should be shown as is normal in retail. (Or perhaps show both if necessary for any overseas purchasers)

It's not just Villa though. All Internet Trading shopping sites (as far as I'm aware) have to show price before VAT and then price with VAT or both at the same time.

It's not just Villa though. All Internet Trading shopping sites (as far as I'm aware) have to show price before VAT and then price with VAT or both at the same time.

Amazon which is one of the largest internet shopping sites, shows the price you pay i.e. incl VAT , as does Tesco. No mention of VAT exclusive prices. Retail should be VAT inclusive whereas wholesale to trade should be VAT exclusive, because an individual cannot claim back the VAT as for wholesale customers therefore VAT content is irrelevant.

Amazon which is one of the largest internet shopping sites, shows the price you pay i.e. incl VAT , as does Tesco. No mention of VAT exclusive prices. Retail should be VAT inclusive whereas wholesale to trade should be VAT exclusive, because an individual cannot claim back the VAT as for wholesale customers therefore VAT content is irrelevant.

Well not quite as sites (that are VAT registered) shipping only inclusive of UK/EU don't need VAT-exclusive as it's not applicable. Those that ship outside of the EU like the US etc will need it as it's a tax not applicable to them (err I think :winkold: ). Anyway - I'll let the General answer that one! A debate over it belongs to another thread probably but it's what I take from it anyway.

I don't pay VAT when I buy from the site. Therefore this would be a site for a worldwide audience and as we are marketing ourselves to the world, we should sell products as such. Another step forward to marketing of Villa!!

Hi General,

I'm from little old Ireland and over here it's all Liverpool or Man Utd supporters. Just tradition I suppose, but Aston Villa used to be the next best supported club here and I would just wish Villa could be more publicised over here. Even Chelsea (who nobody supports) have more jerseys on shop shelves. And with Paul McGrath being as close to a God as Aston Villa have Villa should be challanging Liverpool and Man Utd more on our shores for support. I make the treck to Villa Park and to away games 4 or 5 times a year and many more do the same. I know it's not as important as season ticket holders but Villa used to be one of Irish supporters big teams, I wish it to be the same again.

Irish Villans like McGrath, Townsend, Houghton, Irelands current manager Staunton, are the reason there are plenty of Villans in Ireland. But the new generation are all Liverpool or Man Utd.

General, when are the season tickets being despatched?

I just can't wait for the season to start, what you guys have done to my beloved club is just fantastic..don't worry about the moaners, you always get them..If you gave them free choclate each week they would moan you are making them fat..

I know we are going to have a great year this year !!

The kit looks great

there on their way, i received mine this morning