General Krulak (No Transfer Questions allowed)

c-krulak

General Krulak here:

1. Two good ideas that are worth real consideration..l will forward them on to the Club.

2. We are looking at flags right now!! Tell Lucy that we welcome her to her new "home."

• Replies 8.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

General, I wandered around an empty Villa Park on saturday and I was moved by the beauty and grandeur of the stadium. I sat for a while in the dugout and shouted imaginary instructions to long gone heroes, and was awestruck by the sheer size of the Holte End from down at pitch side, it made the hairs on the back of my neck stand on end.

The point of my post is that often in the crowded arena that is VP on matchdays we can lose sight of just how unique and special our stadium is. Whatever necessary and imaginative improvements are made in the next few years we must preserve the majesty of Villa Park.

Hi General, as I believe you can never have too much positive feedback, I'd just like to express how good my experiences have been with the Ticket Office. Polite, efficient and really helpful, even today when I know the phones are going bananas. These are your frontline marketing troops, they are doing you proud.

General Krulak here:

1. I will never forget my first day at Villa Park. Randy and I walking through the player's tunnel and walking out to Pitch-side, looking at that stadium and having the air taken out of my lungs. Villabromsgrove, I know EXACTLY what you mean...and so does Randy. That is why he is so careful about the history and tradition of this wonderful Club.

2. Lion-heart...thank you for the kind remarks about our Ticketing Crew. Nicky Keye and her band of warriors are just superb. They motivate me!!

General on that note about your first day at the club... can I ask when you first new of Randy's interest in the Club, and your initial reactions?? And how long had something been in the pipeline?? It was only this time last year that I was convinced we were to be relegated the following season. We really were teetering on the brink of disaster.

General, i understand this is all being looked into but can i make a particular comment about the web-site. A news item today advertises "Grab a Villa Bargain". When i followed the link to the villa direct site, everything i click to view tells me that their are no items available. Why are we advertising a sale on the official web-site if there is nothing to buy? Was i just late and everything sold out or is this a mistake?

General, i understand this is all being looked into but can i make a particular comment about the web-site. A news item today advertises "Grab a Villa Bargain". When i followed the link to the villa direct site, everything i click to view tells me that their are no items available. Why are we advertising a sale on the official web-site if there is nothing to buy? Was i just late and everything sold out or is this a mistake?

OT - its showing up fine on my computer lot's of sale stuff on there.

General,

Just a quick question which you may or may not know the answer. Some time ago, 2 or 3 seasons back I think, the club ran an advert called 'finding a star' or something similar and coverage of this was on Sky. Basically, we were looking for a future talent and this was a bit of a gimmick and I guess exposure for the club. Did the club ever find a talented youngster? And would the club ever consider something like this again?

General,

Just a quick question which you may or may not know the answer. Some time ago, 2 or 3 seasons back I think, the club ran an advert called 'finding a star' or something similar and coverage of this was on Sky. Basically, we were looking for a future talent and this was a bit of a gimmick and I guess exposure for the club. Did the club ever find a talented youngster? And would the club ever consider something like this again?

I think this was the asian youngster thing. The lad who won it was released after a season I think, maybe two at a push.

General Krulak here:

1. Randy and I first sat down and looked at Premiership Clubs in 2003...and the time was just not right and the "right" Club was not available. We sat down again last summer and this time the "right" Club was available and we had the "right" people to help us. The end result was Aston Villa. BUT, it was always Randy's call.

2. "Finding a star"....I really don't know what happened on that one....other than what has been written. I am not sure if we would do it again. The key to a really successful Club is to have a good "scouting team" and a great Manager who can evaluate talent.

General, could you tell us who exactly is involved in negotiating with potential new players? I mean the people that are tasked with 'selling' the club to the player.

Clearly Martin O'Neill is in the meetings but who else? Richard Fitzgerald? Randy Lerner? Yourself? The other directors? All of the above? :)

General ,

A FEW questions please :

1. Any update or news on the statues / memomorial garden to celebrate our history ?

2. These giant banners , have the club decided what is going on them ? And will you put one in the lower North stand as opposed to just the Holte End ?

3. If its a problem renaming the DE Stand for obvious reasons would the club consider renaming the North Stand ?

Keep up the good work !

Charles,

I recently completed the fans survey on food for next season. Having witnessed the joy of the half-time scramble for food, I understand the staff do a hard job in difficult circumstances. I have put forward some ideas, like healthier options, greater choice etc, but another idea may be this:

The club gets a lot of staff through from agencies, way more than other club's I've visited on away games (who all appear to be club employees). These agency staff are paid minimum wage and the employment conditions are way too casualised. Not surprising because having worked for an agency whilst at Uni for another club, the conditions were rubbish and there were no real incentives. I'm sure if the catering staff were all AVFC employees, you'd actually save money (agencies are awful leeches) and the staff may be more loyal and work better, as they'd feel a part of the club.

Thanks

Richard

Following on from RICO on the food/catering survey issue, my idea is this:

In order to cater for the volume of people required, the options and range is limited however, what about a pre match ordering service, particularly for fussy eaters like me (vegetarians/allergies etc....). In this way you can order from a wider menu a few days before the game and pick it up within a certain time window.

Thanks

General, thanks for the work in communicating with us fans once more; i've been a bit of a lurker on this thread and haven't asked anything yet, but...

I'm not sure if you can answer this, but, last year, while the negotiations were going on, it was reported in the media that there was some kind of bust up between DE and Randy, which resulted in Randy getting his jet back, and his personal spokesman saying that his interest was over. A couple of weeks later, there seemed to be an about-turn and Randy again appeared interested in buying the club, and obviously then the sale went through. The media seemed to guess at what happened, but nothing conclusive was really ever established, and I was just wondering if you were in a position, now all the dust has settled, to say what happened?

Let's start with the long term contract for MON. Obviously I cannot talk about that for many reasons but...we all want a longer contract and it should come.

Has any progress been made on MON's contract?

I have fears when news of Wenger giving Arsenal ultimatums about leaving arise as to whether MON might leave.

He is an outstanding manager and will therefore be in great demand, except by the FA who are a bunch of idiots.