General Krulak (No Transfer Questions allowed)

c-krulak

Hi General

is there any chance of somebody making a film/documentary of the tour of the states ?. I'd love to be in a financial position to go but alas no can do but i'd love to see how the team and players get on stateside with a dvd of the match highlights, with interviews of players , fans etc plus an idea of what the American fans make of our own supporters. Perhaps it can be mixed in with a fan's own camcorder footage ?...Villa living the American dream ?

just a thought

once again, thank you for everything

Dean

• Replies 8.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

General, do you think that the ticket allocation for the North Stand lower is fair ?

With only 500 up for grabs by loyal season ticket holders it could be the case that they loose out while someone who has only attended 2 games last year could get the cheap tickets.

Would it be fairer to offer these tickets to season ticket holders then if they are not sold put them out to general release ?

Evening, G.K!

The entire interior of the Trinity has the 'old' badge prevalent. I assume that the rest of the ground does aswell. What is the timescle for removing the 'old' crest and replacing with the 'new' one?

General,

I think I can answer the 'matchday experience' query and why it's been not what is wanted.

Historically the culture in this country when it comes to football has been very male dominated, and the culture has been to drink a few then turn up. How do you change that? Well, I think that families will always get to the game a bit earlier as to give the kids that match day excitement so I think that trying to get that isn't a problem. I think that, again the foreign supporters getting to games is also not a problem, as they will turn up early to take in as much as possible at the ground. So for me I'd say the key is getting the blokes who are in the pub when you want them at the ground. The answer? Well the price of the beers for one I guess is an issue for them. But of course you don't want a whole bunch of drunks at the ground yet want the people who are that way in the grounfd earlier. Well IF you got them in via cheaper drink prices then by them beingIN the ground you could monitor and have some control over them, and the fact is they are getting drunk somewhere else before turning up anyway, so by controlling them in the ground you get revenue, the numbers AND control how much they drink and their behaviour.

It really is, to be honest sir, a double edged sword in my opinion. The people who turn up at the last minute generally are the ones stuck n the pub, yet offering pre-game entertainment isn't gonna shift them at all, only cheaper pricing and less hassle on the food and drink. Simple as that if you ask me.

This really is a different beast to NFL (though I've heard some stories regarding the eye raising antics of fans travelling to games away and it really puts football violence in the shade!) but generally this is a problem that is not going to be solved at all by trying to change the cultural way football is off the terraces and in the pubs, bars, homes and peoples routines before games. This is a cultural thing.

Good luck in trying to re-educate the people, but my advice to Randy and yourself, rest of the board, is to be happy that the numbers are coming back and frankly the matchday experience thing is a battle that you can't win. It's a football culture.

Sorry to continue, but midweek games will again be something that is impossible to solve in terms of people getting to games earlier. I work in Wolverhampton so travel is hard, and there are far more people who work and live a good distance away. So really, I'd say that instead of trying to get people to the ground earlier, the focus should be to make the experience unforgettable to those who come to the games/ground. And let's be honest, people will put up with nothing else at all if we win on the pitch.

General,

Given that there have been no announcements of any new signings, do you think that, given some of the ridiculous transfer fees/wages (refer: Bent) that folks inside Villa Park are getting somewhat anxious about our ability to actually sign anyone decent?

General Krulak here:

1. Signings: Let's let MON and Randy worry about that phase of our "Bright Future."

2. Marketing IS expanding its reach. We have got alot of good things going on that will expand our reach. A good percentage of the new ST-holders are coming from further out in the midlands.

3. We may well produce a DVD of our tour in the US.

4. I may be a bit different than most but...I am not at all concerned that we drew Liverpool as the first game. It will be a tough game and we all know that. At the same time, it may well serve as a good barometer of where we are. I would imagine that most Premiership Clubs are now not exactly keen to visit Villa Park...they know we have a superb Manager and a great owner. Good things happen when you have a combination like that. Soooo, Liverpool is fine for me.

5. Nike seats in top of D E Stand?? I know nothing about it. If it is on official site and part of the official "line", then I would imagine it is true.

6. We understand we need to complete the re-sinage of Villa Park. We will do so...it takes time and effort and resources. We are moving on this daily but....it is not something I would get too worked up about. We don't want to drop other efforts to spend time on re-branding something that can wait 30 days to accomplish. If you look at Villa Park and what we are trying to do, you need to prioritize in some areas....and that is what we are doing.

7. Kickoff times are not set by Clubs.

8. We will not give up on trying to make the game day experience "special" for everyone. I thank you for all your comments and I recognixe the reality of what we are trying to do but...we will try.

general...

a quick comment about buying stuff from the website...

i ordered one of those 82 style jackets about 3, possibly 4 weeks ago...

it said it was 'in stock' on the site, and the money was taken out about 2-3 weeks ago, and i waited for my delivery...

it hasnt arrived yet, and when i rang yesterday to find out what was happening, the very nice lady at the other end of the phone told me that it was out of stock and was only coming into stock today...

now, im not raging like a madman, but it would have been nice to have been advised it is out of stock to see if i wanted to cancel the order or change it, as it could have been a gift for someone, etc...

i know this is trivial in the grande scheme of things, and it hasnt bothered me too much, but i just wanted to bring it to your attention as im sure, you want the best experience for villa fans in every element of the club...

cheers..

andy...

3. We may well produce a DVD of our tour in the US.

General,

As a filmmaker, if you need any assistance in this area, I would be more than willing to offer my services. Unfortunately, i feel you may already have a crew on hand.

Always worth an ask :winkold:

General - How's this for a marketing idea - the club "sponsor" a fan!

Basically the club will provide a camera - video or still and he or she then records his or her views on the matches and the season as it progresses. This can then be recorded via the web site and the new claret and blue giving a "candid" view on how things go through the season. Maybe a couple of fans to just ensure continuity if problems with getting to matches and differing views. They may get "free" transport via the travel club to the away games too

Also how, if at all, are AVFC getting onto the "green" bandwagon? Whatever people may think about it's effect, it's always big news these days.

General, when I was younger I remember youth/reserve team players signing their youth/pro forms on the pitch at H/T or before the match, can this be bought back, just think its a nice touch for the player to sign on the Villa Park pitch infront of a crowd.

Can you imagine the buzz of signing you pro forms in front of the Holte.... i now have a new dream (for my children), before it was to score at the North Stand, run the length of the pitch and then charge up the middle of the Old Holte...

Mods please don't delete this because I'm not asking a question, but this is such a wonderful idea it has to be seconded!

I like that marketing idea drat01 and LJRM050389 regarding the yourth/reserve players signing on the pitch (I remember that too).

General,

I think the scarves are a great and really enhance the visual support of our club, but during the warmer months I don't foresee myself and perhaps many others bringing scarfs to the games so therefore I think flags are also a great idea as this was a suggeston put forth recently in the thread.

I will be bringing my 10 year old sister Lucy to her first full season at Villa Park this year, neither of us can wait. Thanks again to Randy and everybody involved with the club.