General Krulak (No Transfer Questions allowed)

c-krulak

• Replies 8.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If I remember rightly work had actually started on the Holte hotel before the takeover. At least 18 months ago it was cleared of all rubbish and pests and was being made safe for work to commence. Or am i wrong?

I think you will find you are wrong Ginge !!,

anyway gen - renewed my tickets today in the holte lower and was told its no longer books but credit cards - Villa coming into the 21st century !!.

If this is the case, when it comes to the cup games, will you just ring up, buy the game , the data be put onto the computer and it will automatically let you in ?? - or will we still have tickets.

General Krulak here:

1. NO WAY was any work being done on the Holte Hotel prior to the arrival of Randy. The very first day he and I hit Villa Park, we looked through the broken windows of that wonderful building and I think Randy wanted to cry!!! HE was the one who took action on the Holte Hotel...NOTHING was being done to that building other than letting it fall to ruin.

2. Regarding the re-branding. Certainly all effort is being made to speed the rebranding along. New signs, new stationary, etc. etc. There will always be a bit of a delay with some areas but it is moving fast. If you want to use the Badge as an Avatar, have at it.

3. All I know is that folks are working on the new web site now...and it should be done by end of summer. I have spoken to our folks and they realize where the problems are. I am not sure whether the entire site will be "free" or not. I do know that more info will be available on the site to the fans. Hey, I may even have a thread.

4. Nike will "swoosh" where they feel it will be appropriate.

5. You all must know something that I don't re. pre-season matches against big time competition set up by Nike. I have not heard about it.

General

A quick question about the friendlies. Are we picking teams to play purely on a footballing basis, or with an eye on developing awareness as well? It appears that it's a bit of both to me, which is a welcome change to playing Swedish division 6 teams, but if Martin O'Neill thought that a particular friendly would be detrimental to the team, who would have the final say?

1. NO WAY was any work being done on the Holte Hotel prior to the arrival of Randy. The very first day he and I hit Villa Park, we looked through the broken windows of that wonderful building and I think Randy wanted to cry!!! HE was the one who took action on the Holte Hotel...NOTHING was being done to that building other than letting it fall to ruin.

I think the confusion has come because there were always fences around it and signs saying hard hats must be worn, which I suppose gives the impression that work was going on. But that was the only sign of it we ever saw.

If I remember rightly work had actually started on the Holte hotel before the takeover. At least 18 months ago it was cleared of all rubbish and pests and was being made safe for work to commence. Or am i wrong?

I know this is not a thread for debate, but when permission was granted for the Trinity, Ellis was forced to do remidial works to the HH because as the General has stated it was in such disrepair.

The plan I believe was to use the HH as a front entrance for an hotel partnership which never happened.

4. Nike will "swoosh" where they feel it will be appropriate.

General,

Are you saying that our deal with Nike gives them a totally free hand to 'swoosh' anywhere and everywhere without AVFC input?

General krulak here:

1. Let me be perfectly clear on this...there was NO plans to do anything to the Holte Hotel in any of the documents we had. If there was an issue regarding a Hotel partnership, it was a secret plan. The Holte Hotel was in total disrepair...broken windows, walls almost falling in on themselves, trash in the front and back, stonework destroyed, etc. etc. This is one where the entire initiative has been Randy's....and if he hadn't come along, the Holte would have been finished. I do not question that there may have been minor cosmetic work on the Hotel if you say so but.....I saw it in the summer and it looked like Stalingrad during WW II.

2. Nike does not have carte blanche on where the swoosh goes but they certainly have the sense to know where it should go for a historic Club like the Villa and for an owner like Randy.

General krulak here:

2. Nike does not have carte blanche on where the swoosh goes but they certainly have the sense to know where it should go for a historic Club like the Villa and for an owner like Randy.

Could this be a subtle hint? ;)

Hi General,

First time in this thread but I was wondering are there any plans to make the Holte Hotel into an actual proper hotel?

Would be a great place to stay for overseas fans. :)

General Krulak here:

Now that makes me want to cry. 1. In anger at the old regime. 2. With joy at the current regime. God bless you all General, and especially Randy. Too many people are called a gentleman but I think I speak for all of us in saying this is a most definite and apt label for Randy. A Gentleman.

Question regarding Club Store

1. I noticed in down town Birmingham the NIKE store is no longer in operation in the Bull Ring vicinity. This would be a great location for the AVFC to have its superstore, any plans General?

Question regarding Club Store

1. I noticed in down town Birmingham the NIKE store is no longer in operation in the Bull Ring vicinity. This would be a great location for the AVFC to have its superstore, any plans General?

I previously asked the general about this and he siad that they are plans for a new store where food/drink will also be available. He hasn't mention where it will be as its still being sorted/confirmed I believe but am really looking forward to it!!!! :D

Hi General

Have just returned from a week away to find the advance notice letter about renewing season tickets and now look forward to receiving the actual renewal pack.

The content of the letter/price list was concise and straightforward.

Have you and Randy personally viewed this mailing?

I have to say that I was amazed that whilst the envelope had an outline of the crest:

1) Neither the letter or price list had a Villa crest/badge of any description on it other than minutely in the photo of Gabby etc

2) Neither the letter or price list actually mentions our clubs name "Aston Villa Football Club" anywhere. The closest it gets is a reference to www.avfc.co.uk

The only enclosure that actually has an Aston Villa crest on it is the form selling the Mastercard, which I assume was supplied by an external agency.

Normally I am not a pedant, but I cannot understand why the club would go to the trouble of sending out a letter to the fans/season ticket holders of "Aston Villa" and then not bother to mention the clubs name or feature the crest.

I showed the letter/price list to a business colleague and due to my Villa connction he obviously worked out who it was from but said "Have you changed your crest to a Star and why doesnt it mention Aston Villa?

Given the emphasis Randy and yourself have put importance of promoting ASTON VILLA and its history, tradition etc do you agree that we should feature the clubs name and crest on all communications/marketing material?

I am all for the slogan "Proud History * Bright Future" but surely anyone with even the most rudimentary knowledge of marketing a "brand" would ALWAYS reference the name and "logo"? "Marketing Brands" is my business and in 25 years I have never known a famous brand NOT feature its logo or name.

Can you please advise whether the name Aston Villa and the Crest will be used in future letterheads and all collateral marketing material?

Imagine the rents in the Bull Ring though- that would be a very costly thing to do. We do need a new city centre shop, but Bull Ring would cost a bomb.

Quite correct.

General - I am sure you have everything in control but maybe we could use THE MAILBOX, its classy like us and also very empty thus:

a) Rents will not be as much as Bull Ring PSF

B) Will not attract the rif-raff

c) great place to incorporate food and drink

also there is No Burberry shop in the mailbox.

General krulak here:

1. Let me be perfectly clear on this...there was NO plans to do anything to the Holte Hotel in any of the documents we had. If there was an issue regarding a Hotel partnership, it was a secret plan. The Holte Hotel was in total disrepair...broken windows, walls almost falling in on themselves, trash in the front and back, stonework destroyed, etc. etc. This is one where the entire initiative has been Randy's....and if he hadn't come along, the Holte would have been finished. I do not question that there may have been minor cosmetic work on the Hotel if you say so but.....I saw it in the summer and it looked like Stalingrad during WW II.

General, let me say that I never believed for one minute that Ellis ever had any intention to do anything with it except to let it fall into disrepair and be able to knock it down. I was at an AGM a couple of years ago where the hotel idea was floated and even then it seemed impossible given the state of the HH.

The signal Randy gave by one of the first actions being the HH was strong and loud and something I loved to hear, it is quite simply the most stunning entrancewat to any football ground in the world.

As to the ST letter, I did misread it , but I still think it lacked the proper marketing as Mike McKenna stated, I look forward to the ST pack but will renew anyway before it comes.

Multiple posts deleted. This thread is ONLY for questions and comments for the General, and for him to respond. It is not for discussion of tea and cakes, what shop used to be where, who will go and visit who...thanks in advance, blandy

Gen,

I have asked this before but reading my own log I don't think it was very readbale so I will re-phrase it.

I reckon for the first game of next season, the Holte Hotel is gonna be rammed solid. I would reckon if we get 42k in the ground , at least 3-4k of these at the very least are gonna want to drink in there - look around it etc...

I would have thought it will be chaos, and the queues massive etc...

Have the club looked into it ?? , there must be a maximum number that are allowed in there for health and safety - what is that number, how many bar staff will be employed for that number, and (as there are many rooms in there) - how many actual bars are there - and have they estimated an average time to serve people waiting.

And also, what will happen to the current "Holte Suite". I found out a fwe weeks ago, there is a bar for the upper holte but we haven't got on in the lower holte - could this be made into the bar for the lower. Or will that remain a club you have to pay to get in ??.

Cheers , never mind on the fair play league but don't think it is the way we all wanted to get into Europe anyway.