FIFA 13

GarethRDR

Hey, got an ultimate team in division 1, wont the title without losing, do i just keep playing now as i think that might get boring? This is my first go on ultimate team, used to just play online as villa but theyre rubbish this time!!

Also, can I join you guys in the club stuff at all? Sounds quite interesting and I can get on quite alot

'Lol' at Warnock being bitter over something so trivial.

What are you on about?

I just find it incredibly strange that you quit in clubs - a team game. I find clubs more fun than anything. 4-0 down and go and draw 5-5. That's exactly why you don't quit but that's his loss. I'm really not bothered - I'm just shocked considering the demand to play in your club is so high yet you have players quit out so easily. Where's the team effort in that? Anyway, please don't call me 'bitter'.

I currently have two sides on FUT that I play with, both set up in 3-4-1-2. I've been contemplating a change to 4-3-2-1 for at least one of them, but to buy the new formation cards for everyone would cost quite a lot and I'd essentially lose out if I didn't like it - and there's every chance I wouldn't. I almost sold my main team yesterday in favour of building up a new one in this formation, but then decided against it as, again, I was worried I wouldn't like the changes and then have to spend time and coins changing it all back again!

well i'm really out of love with Fifa, they game is quite tiresome at the moment, I'm playing through UT seasons and i seem to be alternating between having a good season and nearly winning division 1, and then next season scraping survival from relegation. It's ridiculous, Players who i've used, regularly and know what they can do, suddenly lose weight of passes, first touch and finishing skills. I cannot explain this other than the fact there's some sort of scripting involved,

My style of play is based of possession and passing, i'll comfortably dominate possession and my passing rarely drops below 85%, i'm creating almost double chances to the opposition, yet my last 5 games i've been on the end of at least a 4-0 drubbing. just to top it all off i'm coming up against, shitty pace riddle teams who just hit me on the counter attack, while my defenders have suddenly lost the ability to read a game.

well i'm really out of love with Fifa, they game is quite tiresome at the moment, I'm playing through UT seasons and i seem to be alternating between having a good season and nearly winning division 1, and then next season scraping survival from relegation. It's ridiculous, Players who i've used, regularly and know what they can do, suddenly lose weight of passes, first touch and finishing skills. I cannot explain this other than the fact there's some sort of scripting involved,

My style of play is based of possession and passing, i'll comfortably dominate possession and my passing rarely drops below 85%, i'm creating almost double chances to the opposition, yet my last 5 games i've been on the end of at least a 4-0 drubbing. just to top it all off i'm coming up against, shitty pace riddle teams who just hit me on the counter attack, while my defenders have suddenly lost the ability to read a game.

Take my advice, if you can't beat them, join them.

I'd love to be able to play with players like Pirlo and Sneijder in my midfield however they are too slow so I end up using overall much worse players with better pace. It might not be the most skillful method of winning a game but having a pacey team prevent a lot of stress for me!

I just got done over in exactly the same way. The lad had lightning pace all over his team, and had spent a fortune on it - Aguero, Balotelli, Walcott, Kompany, Rooney. Nuts.

He scored 4 in the first half and then second half just purely passed it around his back line so I couldn't get it back. Pretty annoying. Once the game finished I saw it out and turned off my Xbox to make dinner. Seems that you have to keep "advancing" right back to the menu as I've been told I didn't finish the game and my modifier will be affected. Arseholes.

Played a game before that where the kid had mastered long range shooting. He had Lampard, Gerrard etc and was hitting them from 40-45 yards with loads of dip and swerve so they either went in or were put out for a corner. He'd got a custom corner routine set up so he scored every time then too.

Fair play, these boys are winning matches but it's massively annoying. I like to play a slick passing game and really enjoy it when I come up against someone doing the same for a tight match.

Hey ho...

I do really like the idea of Ultimate Team, and I like that it's a little faster than normal games. I do agree though that it'd be better if it weren't so heavily reliant on pace. I've got a lot of fast players in my team, and generally it's still fun to play, but to come up against others playing a wider variation of styles (and being able to play as effectively in different ways myself) would be interesting. I don't just through-ball all the time, but I wouldn't be as good without fast players - they just open up the game much more, and are important for defending, too.

Think I'm going to actually take the plunge and sell my Liga BBVA team now. It's got some great players, but it just doesn't do what I want it to do. The team is: Victor Valdés; Pepe (in form), Sergio Ramos, Piqué; Eliseu, Xabi Alonso, Fàbregas (in form), Jesús Navas; Callejón; Falcao, Benzema. My main problem is the central midfield: I want players in the middle who have decent pace as well as good stamina and defensive abilities, so they can quickly double up at the back, where I only have the three defenders (and Piqué's pace is a weakness there). This is the case in my Serie A team, which is of much less value but works a lot better; I have Vidal and Marchisio in the middle for them, who both also have high attacking and defensive work rate. There just aren't the kind of central midfielders I want in the Spanish league, and Callejón in front of them offers little more than pace, too.

So, I think I'm going to build up a Premier League team with the coins I get. Looking at two of Touré, Fellaini and Ramires in the middle there, and there are plenty of others to choose from in the other positions. Recommendations welcome!

I completely rebuilt my Bundesliga team into a Prem team and changed to a 4-2-3-1 formation too. It's starting to come together now, and I've experimented with a few players that I've let go and a few more who I've changed position on to make them work better in my team. I lost a load of dough on Cazorla who was fetching big bucks a couple of weeks ago when I signed him but isn't now.

My starting line up is Reina; Baines, Lescott, Agger, Walker; Tioté, Fellaini; Tevez, Gerrard, Suarez; van Persie. Tioté was bought as back up but is brilliant so he's keeping Parker out of the side. Had Lampard and Gerrard as CAMs originally, and Tevez as CF, but the position cards have allowed me to switch Stevie G and Carlos plus I've gone against my moral compass and signed Suarez to be a CAM too.

Hoping to get Yaya Touré at some point, then Ashley Cole. Should be in good shape by then I reckon.

I have lost all respect for you, first for signing Suárez but mostly for referring to Gerrard as 'Stevie G' ;)

Looks like a good line-up, though. I'm tempted to go with a different formation myself, such as the 4-3-2-1 I was considering recently. However, I reckon that a 3-4-1-2 with the right central midfielders and fast centre-backs is very effective, and formation cards are going for 150 coins all the time, rather than the 700+ it would cost for each 4-3-2-1.

apart from my villa silver team and a US National side, i only use 3-4-1-2. You can get caught out in wide positions but i've been solving this by having a LB or RB playing on one side of midfield, usually have higher defensive tendency's than most wingers and doesn't really effect chemistry.

I've got Balzeretti at LM in my Serie A team and Felipe at LM in my BBVA team.

I felt dirty signing Suarez, and also using the Stevie G terminology. It seems, though, that as I'm now his gaffer that's the only way to refer to him.

I wanted someone similar to Tevez who can run with the ball, shoot, and cover some ground defensively. Suarez was the closest match, sadly. That said I'm all for riling my opponents and seeing Suarez in the team should help, especially if he does that stupid thumb-sucky thing when he scores. I was originally using Tevez as my CF and he was covering a lot of ground, occasionally popping up behind the CDM to make a tackle. Seemed sensible to put Gerrard in that position as he's a better passer and better defensively. I've set up Milner as my backup CF. He's like a Gerrard-lite anyway!

I've not tested out the Tevez - Gerrard - Suarez three yet but will report back. As a formation I've been happy with 4-2-3-1. Ideally I'd like two strikers but this gives me a solid midfield and I'm hoping having what are effectively strikers as the CAMs will give me width, cover and more goalscoring potential. Here's hoping!

Â