Leon Knight

NurembergVillan

A prize word removed, by all accounts...

Knight had a falling out with Brighton manager Mark McGhee, which culminated in Knight being thrown off the team bus in the middle of the New Forest en route to a match against Southampton on 2 January 2006.

Knight moved to Swansea City shortly afterwards, and scored a hat-trick on his debut against Milton Keynes Dons. His stay at the Liberty Stadium was short-lived, and he was placed on the transfer list in October 2006, due to a poor attitude.

On 12 December, Rushden & Diamonds confirmed that Knight had been sacked after continual breaches of conduct between November and December 2008. Despite his contract having been terminated, Rushden & Diamonds retained the players registration, preventing Knight from joining another English club until the term of his contract had expired, unless £30,000 in compensation was paid to the club. The FA confirmed and validated the retaining of the registration, meaning Knight could not play at any level of English football until the contract had expired. The contract had initially been due to expire following the 2009-10 season, but Rushden & Diamonds invoked a clause allowing them to extend the contract by a further year (at which point Knight launched a twitter tirade against The Diamonds).

He was sent off for his role in a tunnel brawl after a win over Heart of Midlothian, having been an unused substitute during the game (whilst at Hamilton Academical).

In September 2010, Knight was set to return to English football with Conference side Darlington after a successful trial, but his transfer was blocked by previous club Rushden, who had held onto his registration and demanded £30,000 for the deal to be completed. Knight responded by criticising Rushden & Diamonds on his Twitter account, saying that he has chosen not to buy-out his contract as a matter of principle. "Rushden have said they don't want the money from Darlington, they want it from me – I refuse to pay them out of principle. If I wanted I could raise the money and pay them but I don't want to give them the satisfaction."

Knight was transfer-listed and suspended by Coleraine for failing to appear for training and matches. He also breached club rules by stating his desire to return to England and play for another IFA Premiership club.

Coleraine asked Knight to either live in Northern Ireland or pay his own travel costs, as he was still living in London and had to travel over to Northern Ireland for each game, which was costing Coleraine £1,000-£1,500 per month. An agreement could not be reached, and Knight joined Glentoran on 30 January 2012. His stay at Glentoran was relatively short lived, as the club released him in June 2012 when they invoked a probationary clause in his contract after he allegedly made homophobic comments on Twitter. Knight's use of Twitter in May 2012 caused condemnation after he posted remarks opposing US President Barack Obama's support for same sex marriage

The guy is an absolute bellend. I've seen him twice in the Box nightclub in Belfast. The short arse thinks he's the kings bollocks, asking people do they not know who he is? The little clearing in the woods stormed off when someone at the bar said a Chelsea reject.

Â