Matthew Lowton

Qwpzxjor1

That's your opinion. It's not like there's overwhelming evidence to support it.

I don't think he's been good enough as a defender this year. He's not alone. I don't think any of our defensive players have performed well enough this year.

I don't think he's been good enough as a defender this year. He's not alone. I don't think any of our defensive players have performed well enough this year.

He's been ever present this season, with 2 cracking goals and a few assists. His stats prove that his ball interceptions are top draw. I could go on with some more evidence.

It's times like this that you turn to the professionals and see what noise's come from them. All of them sing his praises, and consider him one of the finds of this season.

If we were to go down they put him in the same boat as Benteke where bids would fly in for him.

Everyone has an opinion, but sometimes it just comes down to being plain stubborn. This kid in his first season playing prem football is head and shoulders above hutton, and that includes him having a small dip in form and making the odd mistake.

It's simply baffling how you cannot see this, and as said before you musn't have watched hutton at all last season.

• Like 2

He's been ever present this season

In a year where we break our premiership record for goals conceded. You have to go back to 86/87 season for the last time we conceded over 60 league goals.

I'm not sure that's evidence of how good a defender he's been.

When judging them individually, do you not think that Lowton has been better than Hutton?

In terms of going forward, technical ability and potential, yes he's a better player. I honestly don't think he's been good enough as a defender this season though. That's not to say he can't improve or won't improve and become a much better defender than Hutton.

<

blockquote>

>All it would have done, would have delayed the re-build for a s

eason.

Agreed. But then relegation won't help either.

Like I said, lots of potential in the team but I think our poor defending is mainly down to players not performing well enough. Injuries and tactics have played their part as well though.

It needs to improve next season that's for sure.

Did you actually watch Hutton defending last year? He was the worst right back we ever had.

so true the only enjoyment you got out of watching hutton was waiting for that horror tackle

Not actually true - you forgot to add that apart from waiting for an inevitable 'horror tackle,' was also the strange coloured boots he seemed to 'model.' :-)

Does the team collectively concede goals? So for example you blame Lowton and the defence for the 60 goals but no-one else, take Benteke against Wigan didn't stick with his man and it was a goal. The team as a whole has been poor defensively, in fact I'd say the last 3 managers have struggled defensively, you keep going on about last season, however if you stick 10 men behind the ball then it's likely you will have a better defence.

In a year where we break our premiership record for goals conceded. You have to go back to 86/87 season for the last time we conceded over 60 league goals.

Ignored all of my post but one part so you could add in your default prem record response. You have no idea.

Please spare me your other "haha what a constructive repsonse bollocks"

Enjoy wallowing in your negativity and black and white world.

Does the team collectively concede goals? So for example you blame Lowton and the defence for the 60 goals but no-one else, take Benteke against Wigan didn't stick with his man and it was a goal. The team as a whole has been poor defensively, in fact I'd say the last 3 managers have struggled defensively, you keep going on about last season, however if you stick 10 men behind the ball then it's likely you will have a better defence.

Of course there's odd goals that have nothing to do with the defence.

But on the whole when you concede this many goals I'd say there has to be something wrong with the defence. Do you disagree?

Ignored all of my post but one part so you could add in your default prem record response. You have no idea.

Please spare me your other "haha what a constructive repsonse bollocks"

Enjoy wallowing in your negativity and black and white world.

The rest of your post was just your opinion. I don't agree with it.

I've already said there are other factors that have contributed to our poor defence this year. Keep spouting this 'black and white' rubbish though.

He's been ever present this season, with 2 cracking goals and a few assists. His stats prove that his ball interceptions are top draw. I could go on with some more evidence.

It's times like this that you turn to the professionals and see what noise's come from them. All of them sing his praises, and consider him one of the finds of this season.

If we were to go down they put him in the same boat as Benteke where bids would fly in for him.

Everyone has an opinion, but sometimes it just comes down to being plain stubborn. This kid in his first season playing prem football is head and shoulders above hutton, and that includes him having a small dip in form and making the odd mistake.

It's simply baffling how you cannot see this, and as said before you musn't have watched hutton at all last season.

Not sure you can put Lowton in the same context as Benteke concerning transfer bids if we do go down?

He has been poor in some games and decent in others but making a judgement on him based on appearances is questionable when we don't have anyone else of reasonable quality to replace him.

But on the whole when you concede this many goals I'd say there has to be something wrong with the defence. Do you disagree?

I do, as I think the midfield has been far worse when it comes to protect the defence. I think many goals we've conceded are more down to them than our defenders.

• Like 1

Yes which we have explained numerous times, its has not been a 'CONSISTENT' back four. There has been ample change from game due to injuries. You keep comparing to last season where the back 4 was pretty much the same. The defence has been a problem now for a few years, it's not just Lambert has made them crap. It has not been good enough which most of us here agree with but there are reasons which need to be accounted for. We do not have the squad of last season where say Dunne is injured and we replace him with Cuellar, those days have gone.

I do, as I think the midfield has been far worse when it comes to protect the defence. I think many goals we've conceded are more down to them than our defenders.

Agree, the defence prior to Sylla coming in had no protection in front of them.

Agree, the defence prior to Sylla coming in had no protection in front of them.

to be honest lowton gets more protection then whoever is unlucky enough to be playing left back.

hes been consistent and one of our better players

hes off if we do go down

but there are reasons which need to be accounted for.

Not disagreeing with this.

I just think the main reason is that the players individually and as a group have not been good enough.

I include Lambert's signings and existing players in this.

Â