General Transfer speculation thread with guff from Twitter

TrentVilla

• Replies 11.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

A few years ago, we played Chelsea in the Youth Cup semi-final. I attended the Villa Park leg of the semi final. Kakuta was playing for Chelsea and was probably playing in front of the largest crowd he'd played to at that point, and there was a good atmosphere for what was just a youth game. The Chelsea team turned in a petulant display marked by gamesmanship of all sorts, nasty tackles, diving all over the shop (Kakuta the main offender), numerous counts of time wasting (one of their players, Stoch I think his name was, got sent off in the second half and took the longest length of time I've ever seen a player take to get off the pitch, literally minutes). The horrible display eventually ended with a Chelsea win and saw them progress to the final.

At the final whistle, Kakuta and his buddy immediately decided the best thing he could do at that point was wind up the crowd. He decided to run straight to corner of the Holte and Trinity waving his shirt and goading the crowd, again and again. Eventually the cowardly word removed managed to draw the crowd to chuck stuff at him and, rather than decide he should probably pack in a game he shouldn't have started, decided to carry on goading the crowd, but stay just far enough back that a bottle wouldn't hit him. I can't remember a time where, in what on the face of things wasn't that important of a game, a crowd was on the verge of hopping the hoardings and going after a player - there were guys on the Holte who were leaning over the hoardings, giving this prick dogs abuse he'd earned (and was earning) as they left who I could tell would not have needed much to jump them. It turned very nasty in the second half and culminated in Kakuta really winding up the crowd to a pretty grim level.

He's clearly a hideous tosser and I've genuinely wanted his career to end since that day. He's an arse, could have caused some real trouble to break out at the end of that game and his display on the pitch hardly had you wishing him well for his career either. He'd just played to a pretty decent crowd for the level he was at, turned in and been part of a display of all that is bad about football, and made a final... and his first thought was to go rub the crowds face in it. word removed.

So **** him.

What I've seen of Lowton so far he's nowhere near PL level. We don't need another version of him at LB

You can not judge him by just watching match of the day, clueless

I've probably done more games than you've had hot dinners. If you think Lowton is PL quality right now you are delusional. I'm not saying he won't get there but at present he's a weak link. Everton exposed him yesterday time and time again. I don't want Cresswell on the other side based on what I've seen / heard so far.

I'd take anyone at the moment if they improved the shit we are having to field week-in-week-out.

We have so many players not good enough for this level. Given, Herd, Bannan, Delph, Delfouneso, Warnock, Hutton... I'm sure there are a few more.

What we need is Premiership experienced players. Yes, we can have 1 or 2 youngsters in the side - Clark, Baker, Lowton, Weimann - but we can't keep playing these kids who have come through the system, cos' the majority of them are shit.

I'd even sell Darren Bent if we could get £20mill. He's done ****-all in 2 games except waltz around with the Captain's arm band on.

I'll give you a few players we could get in that would drastically improve this team - Michael Dawson, Tom Huddlestone, Adam Llallana, Ricky Lambert, Sebastian Larsson, Nicholas Bendtner. Out of these, I reckon at least 3 would be able to be purchased while Huddlestone would come on-loan (and to avoid the Kyle Walker charade, get an option to buy put in). I believe £20 mill would buy us Dawson, Larsson and Bendtner.

Bendtner's a good call. Don't particularly like him as person, but he offers something we lack up front, and he's surplus to requirements at Arsenal so perhaps could be got relatively cheap.

Depends on wages & whether any of the rumoured interest from Italian clubs is true.

What I've seen of Lowton so far he's nowhere near PL level. We don't need another version of him at LB

I've probably done more games than you've had hot dinners. .

what a patronising cnutish thing to say - you've surpassed yourself CI (even though you're obviously MR ASTON VILLA)

I've probably done more games than you've had hot dinners. If you think Lowton is PL quality right now you are delusional. I'm not saying he won't get there but at present he's a weak link. Everton exposed him yesterday time and time again. I don't want Cresswell on the other side based on what I've seen / heard so far.

One question we're you there yesterday ?

A few years ago, we played Chelsea in the Youth Cup semi-final. I attended the Villa Park leg of the semi final. Kakuta was playing for Chelsea and was probably playing in front of the largest crowd he'd played to at that point, and there was a good atmosphere for what was just a youth game. The Chelsea team turned in a petulant display marked by gamesmanship of all sorts, nasty tackles, diving all over the shop (Kakuta the main offender), numerous counts of time wasting (one of their players, Stoch I think his name was, got sent off in the second half and took the longest length of time I've ever seen a player take to get off the pitch, literally minutes). The horrible display eventually ended with a Chelsea win and saw them progress to the final.

At the final whistle, Kakuta and his buddy immediately decided the best thing he could do at that point was wind up the crowd. He decided to run straight to corner of the Holte and Trinity waving his shirt and goading the crowd, again and again. Eventually the cowardly word removed managed to draw the crowd to chuck stuff at him and, rather than decide he should probably pack in a game he shouldn't have started, decided to carry on goading the crowd, but stay just far enough back that a bottle wouldn't hit him. I can't remember a time where, in what on the face of things wasn't that important of a game, a crowd was on the verge of hopping the hoardings and going after a player - there were guys on the Holte who were leaning over the hoardings, giving this prick dogs abuse he'd earned (and was earning) as they left who I could tell would not have needed much to jump them. It turned very nasty in the second half and culminated in Kakuta really winding up the crowd to a pretty grim level.

He's clearly a hideous tosser and I've genuinely wanted his career to end since that day. He's an arse, could have caused some real trouble to break out at the end of that game and his display on the pitch hardly had you wishing him well for his career either. He'd just played to a pretty decent crowd for the level he was at, turned in and been part of a display of all that is bad about football, and made a final... and his first thought was to go rub the crowds face in it. word removed.

So **** him.

hmmm does sound a bit of a nob - but it was a few year ago and probably only to be expected when your club Captain and role model is John Terry!!!!

Having seen him at West Ham and yesterday, i thought he did ok. He was exposed yesterday but this was mainly down to the formation as Everton had a spare man in midfield.

He's still learning to adjust to the pace of the premier league and collectively as a team they are trying to embrace a different footballing ethos to last season. It will take time and i'm not pressing the panic button as i trust Lambert.

Were you at the game yesterday CI?

So you weren't there then

You know I wasnt there why ask, the STs were used by family due to holidays. Tell you what though, we were battered down Lowtons side. Make no mistake this could easily have been 7 or 8 - 1.

If you think Lowton is ready for the PL I'd say you are wrong, massively.

So you weren't there then

You know I wasnt there why ask, the STs were used by family due to holidays. Tell you what though, we were battered down Lowtons side. Make no mistake this could easily have been 7 or 8 - 1.

If you think Lowton is ready for the PL I'd say you are wrong, massively.

I smell something mmmmmmmmmbulls***

Don't think he was , Proberley don't know where villa park is

Yes because you know him.

I think CI can post some controversial things at times but it seems to be a new craze to just insult him or try and wind him up, and it seems new posters with low post counts love jumping on this bandwagon like it will earn them some acceptance on here.

It's pretty pathetic.

I think CI can post some controversial things at times but it seems to be a new craze to just insult him or try and wind him up, and it seems new posters with low post counts love jumping on this bandwagon like it will earn them some acceptance on here.

It's pretty pathetic.

I think you might find I have been a member for a few years now and just because I don't post very is because I enjoy reading other people's posts bit I think saying lowton was rubbish yesterday is complete tripe do I thought I had say my two pence worth but CI does post rot at times

It's pretty pathetic.

I think you might find I have been a member for a few years now and just because I don't post very is because I enjoy reading other people's posts bit I think saying lowton was rubbish yesterday is complete tripe do I thought I had say my two pence worth but CI does post rot at times

Did you hear what that pot just called the kettle?

So **** him.

hmmm does sound a bit of a nob - but it was a few year ago and probably only to be expected when your club Captain and role model is John Terry!!!!

He's only been there for about a year at that point, if that IIRC.

But regardless, he was a complete word removed that night and will forever be so in my eyes. Whenever I've seen a teamsheet with his name I've find myself wanting him to do a Dave Busst.

I couldn't support the word removed.

EDIT - Saying that, I won't have to support him at any point - I'm more likely to turn out on Villa's wing any time soon.

So **** him.

He's only been there for about a year at that point, if that IIRC.

But regardless, he was a complete word removed that night and will forever be so in my eyes. Whenever I've seen a teamsheet with his name I've find myself wanting him to do a Dave Busst.

I couldn't support the word removed.

EDIT - Saying that, I won't have to support him at any point - I'm more likely to turn out on Villa's wing any time soon.

Most likely not Chindie!!!