General Transfer speculation thread with guff from Twitter

TrentVilla

I'll tell you what, we're really missing Stan. I've been saying for years that he's one of our unsung heroes. We need to find someone like him.

Totally agree. The bloke got slated way too much. A real captain. He is going to be difficult to replace, but we have to.

Midfielders, we need to buy em, collect em, and catch em all before the window closes!

• Replies 11.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'll tell you what, we're really missing Stan. I've been saying for years that he's one of our unsung heroes. We need to find someone like him.

For the first time i think I actually agree with you. But to be fair even stan had to prove himself. I remember him becoming the number 1 scapegoat in his second season. Maybe El Ahmadi can be that player?

Well Stan used to get a lot of shit when he was paired with Milner and Barry. I think since then though he's been appreciated more, and certainly since last season where he was our only consistently decent player.

Hopefully El-Ahmadi can step up, but I think we're missing Stan just as much as any of our other recent departures.

For the first time i think I actually agree with you. But to be fair even stan had to prove himself. I remember him becoming the number 1 scapegoat in his second season. Maybe El Ahmadi can be that player?

Well Stan used to get a lot of shit when he was paired with Milner and Barry. I think since then though he's been appreciated more, and certainly since last season where he was our only consistently decent player.

Hopefully El-Ahmadi can step up, but I think we're missing Stan just as much as any of our other recent departures.

Wow I agree with you again. I should get drunk and come on villatalk more often ;)

Disagree, it was going forwards we were lacking. KEA looks a better player than Stan to me.

We're just a bit blunt, it'll come, had some nice passing moves today, just need to get teams on the back foot a bit more.

Exactly.

Early days for KEA but I think he'll prove to be a better player than Petrov. We need to improve our midfield going forward. N'Zogbia clearly isn't good enough and 'Nice touch' Ireland can't be banked on to provide chances and ultimately assists.

I personally think we seem to lightweight and nice. We need some destroyers! We got out strengthened all over the park today. When Nzog had the ball he got fouled straight away. Who did we have to protect our flair players? Nobody? Get some destroyers in Lambert! We've been to nice and friendly a team way to long!

Wow I agree with you again. I should get drunk and come on villatalk more often ;)

Sorry but I love stan as much as everyone else, but this is sentimental rubbish.

Anyone who watched the game today could see that KEA is a more than an able replacement and probably even better than stan.

It's the creative part of the team that is lacking, and needs addressing sharpish.

This stan talk is utter shite.

I think we need a real box to box type of energetic player who can sit with KEA. Somebody who can really drive the game on with an increase in tempo. I reckon this is the only way, two sitting in a 433, that we can give licence to both full backs to provide width.

Which brings us to a requirememt for a left back. I wouldn't be surprised if Bennett comes in early next week.

Whoever said we need a BJC in is spot on. Somebody who can really run it up top and draw Bent into the game.

Finally, a wideman. I just dont think Charlie is going to cut it.

I think the player we are missing most is milner with his energy in midfield.

Why not stick Holman there? Seems to have a pretty good work rate. Turn him into a CM.

That's a pretty nifty idea which might work. Our own Parker.

Sorry but I love stan as much as everyone else, but this is sentimental rubbish.

Anyone who watched the game today could see that KEA is a more than an able replacement and probably even better than stan.

It's the creative part of the team that is lacking, and needs addressing sharpish.

This stan talk is utter shite.

Not saying KEA can't be better than Stan but we really are missing Stan. It's not even sentimental either.