Jobs in Birmingham or the West Midlands

Voinjama

I am looking to have my career in the Birmingham or West Midlands area because after spending 4 years in London I have found it to be too competitive and too expensive. What is the job market like in Birmingham or West Midlands area with regards to jobs in the marketing, business or HR sector. Has Birmingham been affected by the recession more then other areas?

Has anyone got any good advice so I can get a job in this sector in Birmingham?

If anyone is in this sector and can PM me a link to a current job I would appreciate it. Thankyou in advance for all the help and advice

Birmingham had the highest rate of unemployment in the UK in 2011. That said, things are picking up, slowly and I've noticed there are more jobs on the market now.

As for your particular sector though, I can't help!

Good luck though! :-)

High rate of unemployment, but also a high level of unemployable people.

There are jobs out there, and decent candidates for them are severely lacking. Place I work for has been trying to recruit a new developer for months, but near enough every CV we get in looks like a 6 year old wrote it.

Can you drive a train? We have three vacancies at my place at the moment. City centre.

Yeah but is any rail company training drivers atm?

Thats why I asked if he already knew how to drive one. :P

Can you drive a train? We have three vacancies at my place at the moment. City centre.

Do they do on the job training if you have no experience? I'd love to do something like that.

Voinjama - what level of job are you looking for, and do you have the relevant qualifications/experience?

there are jobs around...

Qualifications educated to masters level in marketing. Experience is not so impressive, but I need someone to give me a chance so I can get more.

And where are these jobs, been looking for a while now.

Do they do on the job training if you have no experience? I'd love to do something like that.

They do, but courses are reasonably rare at the moment. We havent had one since about 2008, and when we had that there were more than 2000 applications for 10 vacancies. Crazy.

If you come across Chris Young give him my regards :winkold: He drives freigt trains so you may

I am looking to have my career in the Birmingham or West Midlands area because after spending 4 years in London I have found it to be too competitive and too expensive. What is the job market like in Birmingham or West Midlands area with regards to jobs in the marketing, business or HR sector. Has Birmingham been affected by the recession more then other areas?

Has anyone got any good advice so I can get a job in this sector in Birmingham?

If anyone is in this sector and can PM me a link to a current job I would appreciate it. Thankyou in advance for all the help and advice

Very little in Marketing so I am told but I see quite a few roles in the HR sector. I work in Safety and ofetn get sent HR jobs for some reason :?

Â