Euro 2012: Quarter finals

The_Rev

Why oh why oh why do goal keepers in situations like that drift beyond their near post and leave themselves in a horrible position when the ball is put to the back post? They aren't going to get beaten at the near post, they don't need to go past their near post yet they do it time and time again and that is exactly what happens. In his last season with us Brad got done like that 3 or 4 times.

Real pet hate of mine.

• Replies 925
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Iniesta has been the player of the tournament by a country mile for me.

He is up there, but I'd give it to Ronaldo so far. Even in the games where he didnt score (especially the Denmark game where he missed a sitter) his all round play has been excellent.

He is up there, but I'd give it to Ronaldo so far. Even in the games where he didnt score (especially the Denmark game where he missed a sitter) his all round play has been excellent.

Yeah he has been the best player by some way so far.

It's close and it's subjective but for me Iniesta hasnt had a bad game yet whilst Ronaldo has .

Which game did Ronaldo play poorly in?

None really but by his standards the first game was "bad" compared to the latter ones .

For the the group games I would have give Iniesta 3 8 out of 10's whilst giving Ronaldo 2 9's and a 6 .

Level overall but Iniesta has been consistently good. Like I said it's very close and subjective . I might rate different aspects a little higher , for example Iniesta doesn't throw a wobbler when his team mates fail to be perfect and he doesn't stand still when Spain lose posession. Ronaldo's highs have been higher though .

Wrong

It's Ronaldo

If I pointed out everytime you were wrong on this forum my fingers would be worn away to nubs .

Spain have to be careful here. They really seem to be lacking that focal point in the final 3rd right now without a striker - lots of possession in midfield only to lose it, stray offside or having to try an ambitious pass. France could well hit them on the counter.

Â