Thanks Robbie

KSV

I just want to say a big Thank You to Robbie Keane.

He saved us from relegation. He came got us a win and a draw and it was enough to keep us up.. if he didnt arrive.. we would be right down there (if it is possible to get any lower)

I was one of the many who thought it was a waste of money.. but turned out to be a masterstroke from McLeish ( i still want him sacked regardless).

Credit where its due.

As has been pointed out elsewhere, the last two scorers of winning goals for Aston Villa were Weimann and Robbie Keane.

Yep, he helped us out massively. I still probably wouldn't want us to sign him permanently (he's getting on a bit now) but he deserves a heroes welcome if he ever returns to VP.

McLeish can go **** himself though.

Hardly controversial at all. Robbie Keanes signing probably did keep us up. When the player of the year thread was open I actually voted for Keane, as he did more in 6 games than the rest of the squad have done all season.

When Keane came into the side it really was the only period of the season where i felt we had a real threat going forward. We actually played some decent football at times with Keane in the Rooney role. In his absence, we were totally bereft of offensive ideas and he was badly missed.

If his loan period had been until the end of the season then i don't think we would have been so close to relegation.

I'd have him back on a one year deal but no more than that. Can't see him leaving America for a limited contract like that though.

Hardly controversial at all. Robbie Keanes signing probably did keep us up. When the player of the year thread was open I actually voted for Keane, as he did more in 6 games than the rest of the squad have done all season.

Agree he'd have got a 7/10 when the rest of teh players don't deserve 5/10.

I think if he had not pulled that Wolves game around and they were having a purple patch up until his goals came they might have been the ones staying up rather than us. Robbie showed us just how good a player he still is and hit the ground running.

Â