General Next Manager Topic?? (everything other than Lambert)

donnie

Not keen at all on a dof role, just can't see the benefit it just adds to the confusion. Sure we need better football knowledge at the club, but where it counts in charge of te team.

The manager will meet with the board regularly and the CEO almost daily. Any decent manager will not want a dof looking over his shoulder

So what happened to Steve Clarke? If he's free then get the chap in.

Lambert/Clarke doesn't look bad at all.

Not many managers will have there number 2 imposed on them. Appoint the manager let him get on with it.

Kevin Mcdonalds odds have crept in quite a bit. Could this be due to the radio silence - ie we haven't approached anyone - so maybe its internal ?

Good a bloke as he is - him and Mcarthy are on my unacceptable list. an ounce of effort and we can do better. Either of these would also indicate to me that Lerner has little interest - other than balancing the books and finding a buyer.

@AVFCMysteryMan reporting on Twitter "£20 Million for Lambert if it has to be AVB with a DOF £30+ Million"

He has then been having conversations with a few other people tweeting back saying "AVB's people have been in contact with Villa"

Hey, it's probably a load of bollocks, but I personally think it would be a good move for AVB and for us.

Face it, we're not going to know until it's almost wrapped up. I remember last year thinking it wasn't going to be McLeish even when the odds plummeted. Now McCarthy's being linked with us but it probably won't be him so even if another manager's odds suddenly crash they're no guarantee it'll be him either.

Come on MM, send something our way!

i would bloody love it to be AVB. All we need to do then is sign M'Vila, David Villa and Aston from JLS and we have theme to our team. in all seriousness AVB would be great. He has so much to prove in England and to remove the Mourinho shadow by going on a different and slightly more treacherous yet more rewarding path to greatness!

@AVFCMysteryMan reporting on Twitter "£20 Million for Lambert if it has to be AVB with a DOF £30+ Million"

He has then been having conversations with a few other people tweeting back saying "AVB's people have been in contact with Villa"

Hey, it's probably a load of bollocks, but I personally think it would be a good move for AVB and for us.

It would be a terrible move for AVB.

AVB will never happen as we will never match his wages at Chelsea. He is still being paid in full by Chelsea, why give up that paycheck to come to Villa? Makes no sense.

This AVB speculation is really not helping us. Raising expectations that will only be slashed if/when someone of a lesser caliber is hired. Having said that, I wouldn't be disappointed with Rodgers

AVB > Rodgers > Lambert > Poyet

No one seriously thinks we'll get him. Would be amazing if we did and I'm sure everybody would welcome him but we're being more realistic this time around. It was absolutely horrible going from Ancelotti to Alex **** McLeish last time.

This AVB speculation is really not helping us. Raising expectations that will only be slashed if/when someone of a lesser caliber is hired. Having said that, I wouldn't be disappointed with Rodgers

AVB > Rodgers > Lambert > Poyet

No one seriously thinks we'll get him. Would be amazing if we did and I'm sure everybody would welcome him but we're being more realistic this time around. It was absolutely horrible going from Ancelotti to Alex **** McLeish last time.

Yeah, nobody is actually expecting him. I do think fans will be disappointed if we don't get a Martinez, Lambert, Rodgers, Poyet or someone of that calibre...

Lambert or Rodgers, although I can't see Rodgers leaving Swansea. Outside punt, Hughton although I don't know if Randy is going to go sniffing around SHA for a manager any time soon.

i think it's safe to say that he will stay a million miles away from SHA when he's looking for the next Villa boss

I take it this is the same twitter @avfcmysteryman that said Moyes was a dead cert last time round and signed off with a flurry of haha shit on the villa kro messages when it turned out it wasn't happening.

Top source that guy :detect: