Confirmed: Paul Lambert new Villa boss

VillaRoy

• Replies 4.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Culverhouse would be the odd man out as Hughton has 2 x assistants already,I have been involved at non league level on the management side and trust me 4 is a crowd!

You always want your own people,sometimes folk hang around until they get an offer,patience is the key,If they were not coming then Lambert would have stressed that instead he ducked the question because he could not say what he wanted due to current contract issues.

Why on earth would you want to be part of a massive coaching setup like that at a team like Norwich? This is to spite them if they want to join, spite us for wanting them, and force us to pay money.

All I can say is they should've played by the rules to begin with. Comes to something when I'm praising that lot down the roads fans and saying they've conducted themselves better than Norwich fans.

Look there's plenty of good coaches, I'd rather he look around and do what's best for Villa!
Getting Culverhouse and Karsa would be what's best for Villa. Lambert is our manager and those two are key to his successful managerial career.

Majority of them are bitter towards Lambert

Minority with half a brain actually respect him and appreciate all the hard work he did at norwich getting them back into the big time

I don't know what the majority are bitter and complaining for they replaced him with another very good manager and shafted our bitter rivals in the process (THANK YOU)

I cannot see Culver and Karsa remaining at Norwich worst case scenario is we end up with Pisshead Thompson from Celtic.

Confirmed that Culverhouse and Karsa are staying now.

McNally on twitter, Culverhouse and Karsa: “they are very much part of the team”. The club had been encouraging Lambert to expand the coaching staff.

Hughton knows Cully quite well from his Spurs days so that was always an option.

But guess that might change if you cough up the cash for the 3 of them, lol

Confirmed that Culverhouse and Karsa are staying now.

McNally on twitter, Culverhouse and Karsa: “they are very much part of the team”. The club had been encouraging Lambert to expand the coaching staff.

Hughton knows Cully quite well from his Spurs days so that was always an option.

But guess that might change if you cough up the cash for the 3 of them, lol

A massive impractical backroom staff, yeah. It's to spite us and Lambert, and to try and get money from us. If they said "yeah we're not going to keep them" they'd be let go, hop off to us for free and we'd have Lambert and his successful team for precisely £0.

I'd assume once we reach a settlement we'll get them.

Ah McNally and more Twitter crap. The thing is Lerner is just toying with Norwich at the moment. Until the Lambert compo dispute is sorted we won't here about Culverhouse or Karsa. But I'm sorry there is no way that Lambert won't want them here and judging by the PC our board will do everything in their power to support him, which would include paying compensation for backroom staff IF required.

Just a matter of time IMO.

It's Naaaaawich Dave............ not Barcelona!

Remember Mc Nally saying Lambert was staying & he could not talk to Villa! Norwich have appointed Hughton he will not want other Managers staff on top of his own it does not work trust me.

Its worked at VP before with KMac and Cowans. They were both here before MON and are still here now. I don't see the "Norwich Two" as similar to KMac and Cowans, their loyalties are towards Lambert not the club but clubs always like to have their own back up team too, in case it goes tits up and you need caretakers, maybe thats a role Norwich see for "The Norwich Two" but I can't see it personally, there's no way some crap cook ( ;-) ) can afford to over egg the pudding

It did not work Bickster we nearly went down,Mc Leish used Kev Mac because he only brought in P.Grant and hoped he could help him get folk onside. Hughton has already got his staff on board.

KM & Cowans are brilliant with the Youth/Reserve team players no question.

Let things play out, worst case scenario paul gets someone else in. But i get the feeling they are just looking for compensation.

Paul lambert is the brains behind paul lambert, Assistants are just that, They only do what the manager tells them anyway. Lets not go overboard with how important these chaps are.

You don't need coaching staff anyhow when the players are on holiday or at the Euros.

Alot can happen in four weeks as we all know. I'd just let McNasty have is day on twitter and see what happens.

He seems to have developed a habit of rubbing people up the wrong way just lately, so let him get on with it.

Let things play out, worst case scenario paul gets someone else in. But i get the feeling they are just looking for compensation.

Paul lambert is the brains behind paul lambert, Assistants are just that, They only do what the manager tells them anyway. Lets not go overboard with how important these chaps are.

Correct

It did not work Bickster we nearly went down,Mc Leish used Kev Mac because he only brought in P.Grant and hoped he could help him get folk onside. Hughton has already got his staff on board.

KM & Cowans are brilliant with the Youth/Reserve team players no question.

I think you've completely missed my point, clubs like to have some of their own coaching staff, to stay behind to pick up the pieces when it goes tits up, we've used KMacand Cowans in this capacity once, they may take a back seat again now but unless they themselves want to move on the club will keep them around as good coaches and the short term back up plan, maybe this is what Norwich have in mind (But I personally very much doubt it)

You have of course checked out how completely inneffectual Rafa Benitez has become since he sack Paco Eyestrian. Sometimes it's the manager, sometimes its the team, its hard to tell until the team splits.