Confirmed: Paul Lambert new Villa boss

VillaRoy

• Replies 4.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Well 8-10 plus player sales would be near 20 million, still not a bad figure given our finances.

I thought he would get near 30 million to spend anyway, good thing about people like lambert is they can get the very best out of players , he is not a cheque book manager.

Money won`t be a problem, randy has always backed his managers.

We will spend. When certain players are sold, we will have that 20 million, the national journos are on about.

There is no way the CEO of a premier league club would go on Sky at a press conference saying we will pro-actively go out and get players if the manager was only getting £8-10m to spend. Players being sold is not a given.

PF was even pushed if we had money for wages and transfer fees and he said they know they need to change the squad an that they will spend.

Again Lambert is fiercely career driven and would not have taken the job for a net spend that he had at Norwich last season.

Your source, if there is one, is talking out of his paella pitted back side.

Completely disagree with this. To get us into the 'big league' as you put it, we would need 100m+ investment. There is a top 6 now as I see it (city, utd, spurs, arsenal, chelsea and liverpool). All have significant funds and are in a 'desirable' location to attract big players. What we need now more than ever is to steady the ship and build on form year on year. If this is done we stand a better chance of being a better proposition for big investment, whether it be from Lerner or someone new. For me, Lambert is the person who can achieve this, and for that reason I am excited for the start of the season.

Nonsense Sky Sports clichéd yucky talk. How much did Newcastle spend? How much did Levante spend to finish 5th in La Liga? How much do Arsenal spend? You can buy success, yes. Can you have success without spending silly money? The answer to that is also yes.

gabby 8 million collins 3.5 million warnock 2million makoun 3.5 million fonz 2million. That totals 19 million. half that and add it to the 10 and your nearly there with the budget my friends, plain and simple. You never know with layers like given and ireland also. a few bosmans, a few loans, one which will be quality and a few cheeky signings. ie holt 3-4 million snodgrass 2million etuhu 800k ect

So you are 100% sure those are fees we WILL get for those players? Boy this transfer and managing lark must be a doddle to know for sure that those are the exact figures we will receive. I suggest people stop playing Football 1 zillion or whatever - Clubs (apart from the big ones) are not gonna spend and pay the money - AND match the wages that the Gabby's and Makouns and Warnocks of this world. Unless you think they will willingly take a pay cut unless some daft club will pay them what they currently are on (notthat I know the exact wages)

We will have to wait and see on net spend but I don't know how anyone can be so sure either way.

I think we can be sure that Lambert would not have accepted a job with a club that finished below his previous one which gives him less to spend.

ok than nazvfc and irreverantad, please tell me how much money you believe we will spend. Oh please consider our record losses last season. Come on then lads. Whats the bet its give or take 5 million more than ive suggested.

ok than nazvfc and irreverantad, please tell me how much money you believe we will spend. Oh please consider our record losses last season. Come on then lads. Whats the bet its give or take 5 million more than ive suggested.

Considering that Randy gave Houllier 24 million (Bent,Macoun etc) and he who was crap £20 odd million - what makes you think Lambert wont have at least that much (24 Million) PLUS money from sales? That's more than your "from the horses or should that be "Jose's" mouth

Completely disagree with this. To get us into the 'big league' as you put it, we would need 100m+ investment. There is a top 6 now as I see it (city, utd, spurs, arsenal, chelsea and liverpool). All have significant funds and are in a 'desirable' location to attract big players. What we need now more than ever is to steady the ship and build on form year on year. If this is done we stand a better chance of being a better proposition for big investment, whether it be from Lerner or someone new. For me, Lambert is the person who can achieve this, and for that reason I am excited for the start of the season.

Nonsense Sky Sports clichéd yucky talk. How much did Newcastle spend? How much did Levante spend to finish 5th in La Liga? How much do Arsenal spend? You can buy success, yes. Can you have success without spending silly money? The answer to that is also yes.

Ok, so with Newcastle in mind, would you have been 'excited' at the prospect of Pardew before he took the Newcastle job?

PL says a lot more in the AVTV and local interviews.

I'm so excited for next season, PL was my first choice despite falling in love with OGS for a day (and despite how unrealistic it was, really), feel like a massive negative cloud has been lifted off Villa, can't wait for it to start :D

£5m is a large swing????? Ok give us a net figure we will spend? are you saying £8m, £9m or £10m?

As i stated a couple of weeks ago. Paul lambert was randys choice. He didnt approach him earlier as he realised if he waited, he wouldnt have to pay compensation. Budget is 8-10 million plus half of player sales. Board will allow wages for one very good loan. ,Who that it is i dont know.
99.99% of that is rubbish, the other 0.01% is obvious

We will have to wait and see on net spend but I don't know how anyone can be so sure either way.

I think we can be sure that Lambert would not have accepted a job with a club that finished below his previous one which gives him less to spend.

The rumours were he wasn't going to get anything to spend before sales at Norwich so this 10million probably is an improvement. I imagion we would have doubled his wage as well which would have helped his decision to come here.

I'm going to wait and see what we actually do before getting all excited about transfer budgets.