Fans Issue Statement?

nick76

Here's something I just wrote after reading this thread for a bit of fun. Please feel free to criticise and pick it to pieces. It is vague I suppose you might say but then a statement cannot be too long. At least it occupied 10 mins of my time!

:lol:

In view of the protracted sequence of poor results, not least the worst home record in our entire 138 year history, Aston Villa supporters hereby respond to the official statement put out by Messrs Lerner & Faulkner on the 25th April.

Our opposition to managerial decisions made at board level have been consistent since June of last year. Despite our widespread misgivings about the appointment, our relationship with the current Aston Villa manager has always been cordial. Which is why, displays of dissatisfaction have been overwhelmingly respectful, Tuesday night perhaps being an exception in this regard. With absolutely no sign of things improving, and three critical games to play to secure our 20 years Premier League status, we would like to re-emphasise our support for the team during this difficult period.

When the Premier League season has concluded, hopefully with Aston Villa still being a part of that, we desire two outcomes.

A) The club’s results and performances this season will be closely scrutinised and decisive action taken to hasten the continuing depreciation of ‘Villa’ as a team, club and brand.

B) The club will look at, what is now perceived by many, to be a very distant relationship between the supporters and those at board level.

I think it would be a poor move.

Have banners, do all that if you want, but the poisonous atmosphere that results from the fans anger is counter-productive with three games left to go.

Have a bit of dignity, and see it out until the end of the season. Then issue a statement.

A bit of stoicism is far more helpful than all this, with only three games left.

I think this is a bad idea. However, I can understand that the season will be over soon and fans may fear that the current impetus of the Villa Spring will be lost.

A) action taken to LESSEN the continuing depreciation etc etc

B)to be a very distant AND STRAINED relationship etc etc etc

I would also add: These matters A+B have to be looked at very seriously to return the harmony back to this club,its players and the supporters and members of the board.

A) action taken to LESSEN the continuing depreciation etc etc

B)to be a very distant AND STRAINED relationship etc etc etc

I would also add: These matters A+B have to be looked at very seriously to return the harmony back to this club,its players and the supporters and members of the board.

Yep that sounds much better, + the harmony bit very good.

HASTEN! LOL

:oops: :oops: :oops:

I think it would be a poor move.

Have banners, do all that if you want, but the poisonous atmosphere that results from the fans anger is counter-productive with three games left to go.

Have a bit of dignity, and see it out until the end of the season. Then issue a statement.

A bit of stoicism is far more helpful than all this, with only three games left.

I don't understand this, our form is abysmal, we just lost a crucial game to Bolton, we don't know where the next point is coming from and our morale is at an all low.....how is the fans anger going to make it worse or counter-productive to an already dire situation

I think this would be a good idea.

I would include the facts that:-

His premier league record - is 2 relegations in 3 seasons. Each on with a dramatic slump ost february

A 3rd relegation in 4 years - would make him the most relegated manager of all time

With regards to injuries - Alex Mcleish had a full strentgh squad to choose from for Swansea at home - we lost that match 0-2

It was seem than on appointment Alex Mcleish was given the benefit of the doubt, Aston villa supporters gave him the benifit on the doubt for 10 months.

A turn around would be unprecendented in premier league history - no manager has recovered from such dreadful stats.

As painful as choosing our 3rd manager is three years will be to the board of the club - it really is the only option open to them (you), should you wish to retain the stature of our proud club.

I don't know if this is a good idea or not...

What if everyone, at the next home game - being the last home game of the season (and assuming we lose) threw a scarf/hat/some kind of Villa paraphernalia onto the pitch? Giving the message that the fans have lost faith in the current "regime", and (perhaps) want no part of it until it's fixed...

Thoughts?...

The day when a minority (with no power) put together a statement to be read on behalf of a majority is a sad day.
The day when the fans sat by and watched our club fall apart and die into relegation without a fight is a far sadder day in my opinion

The day when a minority (with no power) put together a statement to be read on behalf of a majority is a sad day.
The day when the fans sat by and watched our club fall apart and die into relegation without a fight is a far sadder day in my opinion

I don't see fans sitting by and watching the club falling apart.

So thankfully you won't experience that day this season at VP.

But issuing a 'statement' from a forum of Villa fans (some may even say Internet Warriors) on behalf of every Villa fan... is ridiculous.

I don't see fans sitting by and watching the club falling apart.

So thankfully you won't experience that day this season at VP.

But issuing a 'statement' from a forum of Villa fans (some may even say Internet Warriors) on behalf of every Villa fan... is ridiculous.

In your opinion!

Well what else do you expect me to say. I started the topic, gave my opinion and commented a number of times through it and you say the idea is ridiculous. I obviously don't agree, getting villa fans opinion, documenting it and sending to the press and board seems like a good idea to me. Of course we can't talk to every fan and of course everybody has differing views but Tuesday night showed there is a swell of general agreement from fans, the forums seem to be reflecting the same, the press is now catching on and agreeing. As I said in the original post it has to be factual and not abusive, and you can't argue with facts so what's the harm of a statement.....

Okay... but imagine the situation where 20 Blues fans register on this site, and one starts a thread stating the "McLeish is God", and those 20 people decide to write a letter on behalf of the forum/fans expressing that they are pleased with the progress the team is making, and happy with all the cuts that are occurring, to ensure Villa's future.

Do you see the problem??

Why don't my dog and I write a letter to state that Gabby hasn't scored in many games, and state that he should be dropped instantly because of his poor performance. Again the facts are there to support it, and it is not abusive.

The club is fully aware of the feelings of the fans, and whether they work on that is a different matter - but that's down to them. They issued a statement saying that he is pretty much safe for the next 3 games. What would be the use of sending the letter? Because on receiving a letter from an Internet forum, they will change their mind?

Anybody any good at composing an articulate statement based on people's views? Anybody know others on the other villa websites?

If Pacbuddies is up for it he would get my vote.

I could write an articulate letter but if things went pear shaped afterwards then those that disagreed with the contents of the letter would have a field day and I would become almost has hated as McLeish

I took on a new client today. The owner of the company is a season ticket holder and shareholder at SHA and he didn't really have a good word for McLeish. He jokingly remarked about our good result against Bolton on Tuesday. I guess bluenoses were pissing themselves laughing when that scoreline came in.

:lol:

The vast, vast majority of Villa fans want McLeish out with immediate effect, realising his position at this club is untenable. I'd argue it has been that way since he first signed the contract on the dotted line, but that's another point.

If you read the OP again, you will see this was an idea in which supporters from a range of internet messageboards and fans' pages could get involved and be behind. These sources represent tens of thousands of Villa fans.

Considering 13,000+ people joined a campaign before he was even appointed, trying to stop the inevitable happening, I find it highly amusing that you think any potential statement on behalf of the fans would be coming from a "minority" and a few "internet warriors". Please do wake up.

Â