Fans Issue Statement?

nick76

Im going to re-tart up my submittal for a statement to be put out from a conglomeration of twitter accounts that seems to have been ignored in favour of a press release on monday thats a) too late and B) about an event already advertised online, so fairly pointless really.

Will whack it up later see what you guys think.... i expect some sarcasm as usual

Re-tarting eh? Maybe that'll get some more people to join you ;)

The Statement AVFC fans should send... but will never be united enough to do:

http://lernerslostit.wordpress.com/2012/04/27/the-statement-the-avfc-fans-should-send/

Dear Aston Villa Fans, Board and Management

We feel that after the press release by the board on the 25th April we need to put across the fans perspective. Whilst this has been vetted by several fans (some well known, some not) we’d like to point out that while we could never speak for everybody, we feel we will be speaking for the vast majority of fans from our respective dealings with fans that are friends, on match day, on twitter, and on villa forums.

Randy Lerner and Paul Faulkner’s joint statement stated that we “right now everyone connected with Villa is hurting badly” and at this time it is more apparent than ever this statement is correct.

Alex McLeish appointment was never a popular one, some areas of the press have said this is because of his connection to Birmingham City Football Club, and while this may be true for a very small minority of fans who take local allegiances too far. The majority of us saw this as a bad signing for reasons that have since been proven during his tenure at the club;

His terrible style of play, premiership record and inability to accept blame.

We are reasonable comfortable in the knowledge that we will not challenge for the Premier League trophy in the foreseeable future with the Mega-Rich alliance of teams that dominate the top 6 of the league. But as Villa fans we want to see a team play decent football and try and win games. This is not Alex McLeish’s style as Graham Taylor said about his tactics:

"looks like you are preparing a side not to lose"

This dour football he serves up as lead to him having the worst record of any of our Premier League managers in terms of point per game and win ratios, he has now got the worst home wins record in the entire length of our history and as you can see from the below Stats he is close to the record of the last manager to relegate us Billy McNeill: (villa career v nearest 2 managers)

Alex McLeish 1.08 Pts per game 24% win ratio

Graham Taylor (02-03) 1.18 ppg 32% wr

David O’Leary 1.34 ppg 36% wr

Billy McNeill 1.02ppg 22% wr

This record along with his current form as manager has proven what the majority of Aston Villa fans have said from the appointment and protested against… that Alex McLeish is not of the quality to manage Aston Villa Football Club and should be removed as manager.

The board chose to release a statement after a loss to Bolton Wanderers (placed 19th in the league at the time) that said

“We very openly acknowledge the frustrations of Villa fans and share in them completely”

Yet they chose to appoint a manager with 2 relegations from the Premier League in three years and ignore our protests about this. If the board shared our frustrations they would sack Alex McLeish with immediate effect and appoint a Caretaker to the role until the summer when a promising manager with a decent style of football could be appointed.

This would boost the atmosphere at Villa Park, ticket sales and season ticket renewals whilst showing they do understand the fans and will listen to us.

By issuing the statement as they did when fans were so upset and standing by a manager that has such a poor record we have question if they do share our concerns, goals and targets for our club. A 5 year plan set out by Randy Lerner seemed to be abandoned around the time of Martin O’Neill’s departure and left with cost cutting measures and poor managerial appointments which cost us £12million last year alone. By keeping by the side of manager who ticks none of the boxes necessary to keep the fans onside and Villa Park attendances up they seem to be ignoring the fans basic need of watchable football and hoping they will pay regardless.

Randy Lerner in a rare interview once said:

'I'm what you call the custodian. There have been plenty of custodians of Aston Villa since 1874 and if I can't make it work, I will do what the others did, move on and let someone else try.' Lerner - Aug 2006

As Villa fans we would like you to act like a custodian and do what the vast majority of Villa fans want and remove Alex McLeish from our club. If you are “hurting badly” you can remove the pain and press on with the “bright future” promised…..

Or are you a custodian in a prison warden sense and want to keep us locked up in this situation…..

May 6th will be “McLeish Out Day” at Villa Park. If you are our custodian you will see that us organising this during such a run has taken a lot to do and we ask that changes are made and (unlike the past few games) Villa Fans are allowed to display our feelings during the game through banners and placards.

Which sticky do i have to read?

I cant be a mod anyway... i have emotions that i cant keep in check! lol

Im going to re-tart up my submittal for a statement to be put out from a conglomeration of twitter accounts that seems to have been ignored in favour of a press release on monday thats a) too late and B) about an event already advertised online, so fairly pointless really.

Will whack it up later see what you guys think.... i expect some sarcasm as usual

Apologies I withdraw my suggestion unreservedly.

I agree being a mod is one of those 'dark arts' reserved for a few of a certain persuasion.

Its a good statement and pretty much sums up how a lot of fans feel, including me.

I'm more than happy to tweet the link as lots of my followers are fellow (suffering) Villa fans

I'm not trying to be a dickhead but there are a few spelling/grammar errors in there which I would change if you are planning on sending it on to the club.

Fair do's it wasnt something i slaved over. wrote it. sent it. When team child rejected it i just copied and pasted.

The day when a minority (with no power) put together a statement to be read on behalf of a majority is a sad day.
The day when the fans sat by and watched our club fall apart and die into relegation without a fight is a far sadder day in my opinion

I don't see fans sitting by and watching the club falling apart.

So thankfully you won't experience that day this season at VP.

But issuing a 'statement' from a forum of Villa fans (some may even say Internet Warriors) on behalf of every Villa fan... is ridiculous.

we must do everything we can to get Mcleish out !!

The Statement AVFC fans should send... but will never be united enough to do:

http://lernerslostit.wordpress.com/2012/04/27/the-statement-the-avfc-fans-should-send/

Dear Aston Villa Fans, Board and Management

We feel that after the press release by the board on the 25th April we need to put across the fans perspective. Whilst this has been vetted by several fans (some well known, some not) we’d like to point out that while we could never speak for everybody, we feel we will be speaking for the vast majority of fans from our respective dealings with fans that are friends, on match day, on twitter, and on villa forums.

Randy Lerner and Paul Faulkner’s joint statement stated that we “right now everyone connected with Villa is hurting badly” and at this time it is more apparent than ever this statement is correct.

Alex McLeish appointment was never a popular one, some areas of the press have said this is because of his connection to Birmingham City Football Club, and while this may be true for a very small minority of fans who take local allegiances too far. The majority of us saw this as a bad signing for reasons that have since been proven during his tenure at the club;

His terrible style of play, premiership record and inability to accept blame.

We are reasonable comfortable in the knowledge that we will not challenge for the Premier League trophy in the foreseeable future with the Mega-Rich alliance of teams that dominate the top 6 of the league. But as Villa fans we want to see a team play decent football and try and win games. This is not Alex McLeish’s style as Graham Taylor said about his tactics:

"looks like you are preparing a side not to lose"

This dour football he serves up as lead to him having the worst record of any of our Premier League managers in terms of point per game and win ratios, he has now got the worst home wins record in the entire length of our history and as you can see from the below Stats he is close to the record of the last manager to relegate us Billy McNeill: (villa career v nearest 2 managers)

Alex McLeish 1.08 Pts per game 24% win ratio

Graham Taylor (02-03) 1.18 ppg 32% wr

David O’Leary 1.34 ppg 36% wr

Billy McNeill 1.02ppg 22% wr

This record along with his current form as manager has proven what the majority of Aston Villa fans have said from the appointment and protested against… that Alex McLeish is not of the quality to manage Aston Villa Football Club and should be removed as manager.

The board chose to release a statement after a loss to Bolton Wanderers (placed 19th in the league at the time) that said

“We very openly acknowledge the frustrations of Villa fans and share in them completely”

Yet they chose to appoint a manager with 2 relegations from the Premier League in three years and ignore our protests about this. If the board shared our frustrations they would sack Alex McLeish with immediate effect and appoint a Caretaker to the role until the summer when a promising manager with a decent style of football could be appointed.

This would boost the atmosphere at Villa Park, ticket sales and season ticket renewals whilst showing they do understand the fans and will listen to us.

By issuing the statement as they did when fans were so upset and standing by a manager that has such a poor record we have question if they do share our concerns, goals and targets for our club. A 5 year plan set out by Randy Lerner seemed to be abandoned around the time of Martin O’Neill’s departure and left with cost cutting measures and poor managerial appointments which cost us £12million last year alone. By keeping by the side of manager who ticks none of the boxes necessary to keep the fans onside and Villa Park attendances up they seem to be ignoring the fans basic need of watchable football and hoping they will pay regardless.

Randy Lerner in a rare interview once said:

'I'm what you call the custodian. There have been plenty of custodians of Aston Villa since 1874 and if I can't make it work, I will do what the others did, move on and let someone else try.' Lerner - Aug 2006

As Villa fans we would like you to act like a custodian and do what the vast majority of Villa fans want and remove Alex McLeish from our club. If you are “hurting badly” you can remove the pain and press on with the “bright future” promised…..

Or are you a custodian in a prison warden sense and want to keep us locked up in this situation…..

May 6th will be “McLeish Out Day” at Villa Park. If you are our custodian you will see that us organising this during such a run has taken a lot to do and we ask that changes are made and (unlike the past few games) Villa Fans are allowed to display our feelings during the game through banners and placards.

Who at the club did you send it to ??

I have just tweeted the link to Houllierout's statement on Twitter. Can everyone else who is on Twitter do the same please. Lets get it out there.

I think people are looking at this thing all wrong.Look OUTSIDE the square !

What I mean is that everyone has a different view so to change something you have to address THEIR view.Look at it like this.

The fans want to go to the game and see their team try win games and play attractive football.

The manager wants to keep improving his team,qualify for europe and win trophies.

The exec staff want everything to run smoothly.

And the owner wants to make money.

So whatever you are trying to do,you have to address the right people in the right way.

I havent yet. Dont know if its worth it given they ignore us and treat us like words removed?

It's not worth it given that it's really badly written and embarrassing to both yourself and those Villa fans it purports to represent.

I havent yet. Dont know if its worth it given they ignore us and treat us like words removed?

It's not worth it given that it's really badly written and embarrassing to both yourself and those Villa fans it purports to represent.

Not often I agree with Risso, but on this occasion, he's spot on.

And just so you know, anything you send won't be on behalf of me.

Well im glad the best thing for you to point out is the grammar. Its fans like you that cause the absolute garbage we have to put up with. Im glad it doesnt represent you as you are the type that just allows crap to happen while your busy pointing out grammar to someone who has had some issues with english. Well done big man.

Well im glad the best thing for you to point out is the grammar. Its fans like you that cause the absolute garbage we have to put up with. Im glad it doesnt represent you as you are the type that just allows crap to happen while your busy pointing out grammar to someone who has had some issues with english. Well done big man.

Apologies for disagreeing, but if you want people to take you seriously in business I'd suggest that getting the grammar spot-on is a bit of a must.

Edit - I schoolboyed that by getting it wrong the first time...!

Â