Fans Issue Statement?

nick76

The day when a minority (with no power) put together a statement to be read on behalf of a majority is a sad day.

The vast, vast majority of Villa fans want McLeish out with immediate effect, realising his position at this club is untenable. I'd argue it has been that way since he first signed the contract on the dotted line, but that's another point.

If you read the OP again, you will see this was an idea in which supporters from a range of internet messageboards and fans' pages could get involved and be behind. These sources represent tens of thousands of Villa fans.

Considering 13,000+ people joined a campaign before he was even appointed, trying to stop the inevitable happening, I find it highly amusing that you think any potential statement on behalf of the fans would be coming from a "minority" and a few "internet warriors". Please do wake up.

I'm glad you find it amusing. Nearly as amusing as stating that the message boards represent "tens of thousands of fans". Take your own medicine and "wake up".

The day when a minority (with no power) put together a statement to be read on behalf of a majority is a sad day.

The vast, vast majority of Villa fans want McLeish out with immediate effect, realising his position at this club is untenable. I'd argue it has been that way since he first signed the contract on the dotted line, but that's another point.

If you read the OP again, you will see this was an idea in which supporters from a range of internet messageboards and fans' pages could get involved and be behind. These sources represent tens of thousands of Villa fans.

Considering 13,000+ people joined a campaign before he was even appointed, trying to stop the inevitable happening, I find it highly amusing that you think any potential statement on behalf of the fans would be coming from a "minority" and a few "internet warriors". Please do wake up.

I'm glad you find it amusing. Nearly as amusing as stating that the message boards represent "tens of thousands of fans". Take your own medicine and "wake up".

You still haven't answered my point though, have you? Quite clearly any statement, if done correctly, would be coming from a majority of Villa fans. How you can say any different with a straight face is just completely beyond me.

I'm not sure to what extent technology has hit your household yet, but there are most definitely tens of thousands of Villa fans 'online' nowadays. The vast majority of these do not want Alex McLeish. I did not just state 'messageboards' now, did I?

Show me evidence to the contrary and I will gladly retract any previous comment I've made. The official Aston Villa Facebook page has 509,843 people following it, just using one example. Yet you think a fans' statement about McLeish would be coming from a few internet warriors? :lol: Christ, maybe you should take some of my medicine?

You still haven't answered my point though, have you? Quite clearly any statement, if done correctly, would be coming from a majority of Villa fans. How you can say any different with a straight face is just completely beyond me.

I'm not sure to what extent technology has hit your household yet, but there are most definitely tens of thousands of Villa fans 'online' nowadays. The vast majority of these do not want Alex McLeish. I did not just state 'messageboards' now, did I?

Show me evidence to the contrary and I will gladly retract any previous comment I've made. The official Aston Villa Facebook page has 509,843 people following it, just using one example. Yet you think a fans' statement about McLeish would be coming from a few internet warriors? :lol: Christ, maybe you should take some of my medicine?

I think you are missing my point entirely. Whilst yes, the majority would agree with what the statement would potentially say. The fact it could come from group of say 200 people, is the worrying thing.

Oh dear, I think someone got confused with having the Internet and being a member of a forum. It's okay dear - I'll pay for a course for you. Yes, well done, there are many Villa fans "online" - how many of these are part of a forum? Actually, how many people are actually active on a forum?

As a side note - yes you did mention message boards - diddums, try again.

The board I am sure are fully aware of the fans feelings at this time and I fear any protest during this 3 game period will make things worse.

Changing the manager at this time will make things worse not better any new man could not alter the teams performance this late on.

I now want a change of manager at the end of the season ( I did agree with his appointment but was wrong) but for now we must bite the bullet and get 100% behind the team.

I personally don't think the supporters need to say anything, whatever we say isn't going to help matters unless we are approving the fact that McLeish has been removed from the job. There is nothing else we could say today that will improve the situation, the irony is that we've for months and months wanted to say something yet we stayed silent and now when we would be better off not saying anything we are about to come out with this crap seemingly clueless to the fact it is going to do no good at all.

The board I am sure are fully aware of the fans feelings at this time and I fear any protest during this 3 game period will make things worse.

Changing the manager at this time will make things worse not better any new man could not alter the teams performance this late on.

I now want a change of manager at the end of the season ( I did agree with his appointment but was wrong) but for now we must bite the bullet and get 100% behind the team.

You're a brave man for stating that you agreed with the appointment.

But I agree with your other points.

My only hope is that the reaction from the crowd would change McLeish's 'tactics'. Doubtful mind.

I think you are missing my point entirely. Whilst yes, the majority would agree with what the statement would potentially say. The fact it could come from group of say 200 people, is the worrying thing.

Oh dear, I think someone got confused with having the Internet and being a member of a forum. It's okay dear - I'll pay for a course for you. Yes, well done, there are many Villa fans "online" - how many of these are part of a forum? Actually, how many people are actually active on a forum?

Oh dear indeed. Nevermind medicine, I think you need to learn to read. You've already demonstrated you didn't read the OP correctly, and now me.

Yes, I did mention messageboards, where did I say I didn't? What I, quite clearly, said is that its not the only online source where we have thousands and tens of thousands of fans. What don't you understand about that? :lol:

Please feel free to read my previous posts again.

Oh dear indeed. Nevermind medicine, I think you need to learn to read. You've already demonstrated you didn't read the OP correctly, and now me.

Yes, I did mention messageboards, where did I say I didn't? What I, quite clearly, said is that its not the only online source where we have thousands and tens of thousands of fans. What don't you understand about that? :lol:

Please feel free to read my previous posts again.

You stated messageboards and fan pages - you are again talking about a lot of faceless fans. Maybe you should go to Villa Park and ask fans there if they are active members of Villa forums or Villa 'fan pages' and by active I don't mean they press like on a facebook page and don't communicate with it.

This isn't getting us anywhere however, and I'm sure on other matters we would agree. However I do stand by my original statement.

Sorry to break this down but basically.

"Lets Release a statement saying we want him gone"

"It shouldnt be from all of us as it isnt"

So who wants him to stay?

Precisely.

Agreed - obviously any statement would need to have signatures or the like.

If you wish to go ahead with this sort of thing - maybe look for a website where you can propose a letter and people can sign to agree it and once it receives X amount of signatures you put it forward?

Sorry to break this down but basically.

"Lets Release a statement saying we want him gone"

"It shouldnt be from all of us as it isnt"

So who wants him to stay?

Precisely.

Agreed - obviously any statement would need to have signatures or the like.

If you wish to go ahead with this sort of thing - maybe look for a website where you can propose a letter and people can sign to agree it and once it receives X amount of signatures you put it forward?

I dont know if youve ever noticed (been as this is you) but some people will moan against anything... "you cant talk for me" etc even when its what the majority want....

I dont know if youve ever noticed (been as this is you) but some people will moan against anything... "you cant talk for me" etc even when its what the majority want....

I mean that point pretty much means nothing, just so you know.

As I said, you sign it - so you're putting your name towards it. So instead of saying "Aston Villa fans think this..." they are saying "We as Aston Villa fans (listed here) say this"... there's a difference.

Additionally, life must suck for you as a villa fan - as someone who has the username houllierout.. and now is championing/is lernerslostit. When were you last happy? :)

As I said, you sign it - so you're putting your name towards it. So instead of saying "Aston Villa fans think this..." they are saying "We as Aston Villa fans (listed here) say this"... there's a difference.

Additionally, life must suck for you as a villa fan - as someone who has the username houllierout.. and now is championing/is lernerslostit. When were you last happy? :)

I'd say 2 years a go.

I'd say 2 years a go.

I was a optimist. Or as i call now Religious-follower... i can remember the minute I broke inside and became a pessimist 1-0 up against spurs we bring on Emile Husky and it goes 1-1....

Â