Jan transfer window - rumours, speculation & suggestions

OnePablo

Etherington and MAaooney linked to Everton and Fulham respectively this morning, I think they could both do a job for us.

Who? ;)

Anyway, Etherington for me is a player that was fairly good at CM a couple of years ago. Is he really that good in the real world?

Etherington would be a decent squad filler, suprised the hammers are willing to let him go tbh. Maloney could be worth a look but suspect MON is looking elsewhere at the moment.

No ta etherington

what would be the point? he plays in young and barrys position

so we don't need him as a short term player, and hes definatly not good enough for the long term, if we want to be competing in europe

• Replies 7.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

"There are no problems between Ronaldinho and Barcelona and everything is going well, but that doesn't mean that we will not take in consideration other offers. For example, we know there is interest from a team in the United States."
:? WTF why would the best player in the world choose to go to a football graveyard in his prime? I think they're angling for a Beckham sized wage deal to keep him in Europe.

Please, not Barton. May be a great footballer, but not the kind of person I want at my club.

I think you'll find people close to him and himself through an interview I read he has done a lot of growing up.

I think at £5.5 million he'd be a steal for us.

I think they're angling for a Beckham sized wage deal to keep him in Europe.

If that was true then my opinion of him would have fallen even further.

Riquelme wouldn't get anywhere near the time on the ball in England that he gets in Spain. I'm sure he'd do fine as class tends to shine through but I think he would have the same problems over here that Angel has had for much of his Villa career.

Not that it's even remotely likely to happen, but Beckham on loan anyone?

:lol: I think Galaxy are 'quite' keen to get their hands on him as soon as they can.

Riquelme wouldn't get anywhere near the time on the ball in England that he gets in Spain. I'm sure he'd do fine as class tends to shine through but I think he would have the same problems over here that Angel has had for much of his Villa career.

I have a tendency to agree with you - I think the pace of the game would be a bit beyond him (I think he might have a similar experience to Veron - excellent in European games where there is more space, but struggling slightly in the bluster of the English Premiership).

He is so good though, I am surprised that no one else has made a bid..

Sammi Hyppia, struggling to get first action at the moment for Liverpool cause of Agger and Carragher........an experienced head for our two young defenders....cheeky bid maybe...you never know with Rafa

This was mentioned after the world cup....but eveyones forgotten now...i think a perfect player to sighn in a Mccann type role would be Stephen Appiah..from intermillan...he's strong..tough tackling...and he can score em too...!!!!! And he's a good passer of the ball...Great Anchor man

I dunno, he seemed to do alright against Everton a couple of seasons ago in the Champions' League qualifier. Man of the match as far as I recall.

This was mentioned after the world cup....but eveyones forgotten now...i think a perfect player to sighn in a Mccann type role would be Stephen Appiah..from intermillan...he's strong..tough tackling...and he can score em too...!!!!!

Great player but he has already turned down Arsenal and Spurs I believe.

I dunno, he seemed to do alright against Everton a couple of seasons ago in the Champions' League qualifier. Man of the match as far as I recall.

I dunno either, but if we are to take the reluctance of 20 Premiership managers to even enquire about him I think we can assume they may have the same reservations.