Jan transfer window - rumours, speculation & suggestions

OnePablo

Lucas Neill was one of the players of the World Cup.

And milan baros won the golden boot at the euro champs

Like TT said if teams like barcelona, juventus and liverpool really wanted him he wouldn't be joining west ham now would he.

Or maybe those teams realise that paying an average player ridiculous wages is stupid

• Replies 7.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

The fact that two top class right-backs have been available - Neill and Lauren - and we are not linked with either - could suggest that we have someone lined up for the end of the year.

Or perhaps O'Neill still wants to give Delaney a bit of respect to see if he can make it back into the squad?

Or maybe both?

Or it could just mean no-one really knows who MON has in his sights....

liverpool have finnan and warnock who can play right back, and therefore didnt see neill as valuable enough to pay him high wages. west ham are desperate and therefore value him more. so are we in that position and im sorry but we should have been willing to pay him whatever west ham have. who cares if he wants big money? if we are wanting to move forward we are gonna have to stretch past angels 40,000 a week or whatever. him getting loads of money isnt gonna make him play complacent or with a lazy attitude.hes one of the most committed determined footballers out there!

if o'neill didnt want him then we have to accept that.

but what i find hard to accept is better players moving to a shitter club all over again

trust him as much as I trust our own manager Martin O´Neill.

Not once have i seen us linked with neil or read anywhere that MON was interested in neil so if you trust the manager why moan about the fact we haven't brought a player he probably wasn't interested in.

Soon I get really annoyed with you....I dont understand how you read my posts. I wan only putting O´Neill and Curbishley in the same fold because I admire and trust them both exactly the same. MON is a very skilled manager, as is Curbishley. MON might be a little bit overrated and Curbishley a little bit underrated tbh...

I havent moaned about us not getting Neill...I havent seen us being interested..and that was not what I was talking about...so please read my posts before you decide to go 100% against everything I write...all the time...

so please read my posts before you decide to go 100% against everything I write...all the time...

It's nothing personal i just tend to disagree with most things you say.

The fact you joined in this discusion about neil and kept going on about how west ham have got themselves a good player and that villa should be prepared to pay those wages to lucas neil made me think you weren't happy that we hadn't got him.

If you don't care that we haven't signed him then we agree on something because i don't care either.

Lucas Neill was one of the players of the World Cup.

And milan baros won the golden boot at the euro champs

Like TT said if teams like barcelona, juventus and liverpool really wanted him he wouldn't be joining west ham now would he.

Or maybe those teams realise that paying an average player ridiculous wages is stupid

Oh I get so tired...what do you know about football...really? Maybe these teams has shown an initial interest in Neill, but they have players that be in that position that they still want or have at the club. When was Barcelona, Juventus and Liverpool last interested in our wonderful players?

You call a world class player..PROVEN!...an average player...yet you hail our own players that hardly be anywhere close to national team as if they were world class players or world class potential...unbelievable!

All this "bla bla bla" over Neill...just accept that West Ham probably get a really good player in the squad and what do we really know about his wages? It is speculation...and now you suddenly believe all speculations...yet you be very much against other speculations...well...hrm...

so please read my posts before you decide to go 100% against everything I write...all the time...

It's nothing personal i just tend to disagree with most things you say.

The fact you joined in this discusion about neil and kept going on about how west ham have got themselves a good player and that villa should be prepared to pay those wages to lucas neil made me think you weren't happy that we hadn't got him.

If you don't care that we haven't signed him then we agree on something because i don't care either.

Where did I mention that Villa should pay those wages for Neill? I just said that West Ham is showing ambition...

Maybe these teams has shown an initial interest in Neill, but they have players that be in that position that they still want or have at the club

So he's not good enough for them, ok i agree

You call a world class player..PROVEN!...an average player

You question what i know about football and then call lucas neil proven world class :?

yet you hail our own players that hardly be anywhere close to national team as if they were world class players

Where have i done that then?

Where did I mention that Villa should pay those wages for Neill? I just said that West Ham is showing ambition...

So just to clear things up, would you want villa to pay lucas neil £50,000 a week?

End of this discussion LukeMoore...sorry but I have much more important things to do today than to sit here and play cat and mouse with you. If you would like to get answer about your questions, please read my posts...correctly.

And..No I dont want Villa to pay £50.000 a week for Neill. But I must say that West Ham has a interesting team and they will survive. As it look today we are only 7 points away from them and I think we are in big trouble really...

Now we start talk about our signings...well...not quite yet..but maybe later... :lol:

My thoughts:

Neill is a good player although he can be a total knob.

Neill is NOT world class.

Neill is not worth paying 50k p/w or anything like it.

Bardsley will be a better player (just a hunch). And he will be a Villa player.

I have a feeling we'll sign a player this year...watch this space! ;)

People say that everyday :lol::P

I shall go with yesterdays prediction......

I can definitely tell you what will happen today......feck all.

I know I will probably cop a bit of stick for this, but here goes...

Been told by an ex-teamate of Leicester goalkeeper Paul Henderson that he has turned down the chance to sign for Aston Villa and has instead decided to extend his deal at Leicester, reason being he wants to continue playing first team football...

I know your all probably looking at my post count thinking this guy is a clown but it's dead serious...

People compare Bardsley with another back, like they actually think we have signed Bardsley. He will probably come good, but not until after we have given him an error run and he returns to his own club.

No I dont want Villa to pay £50.000 a week for Neill

if you had just said that from the start then i would have agreed with you.

Neil is an average player and i don't want aston villa to start paying ridiculous wages to average players just for the sake of it.

No I dont want Villa to pay £50.000 a week for Neill

if you had just said that from the start then i would have agreed with you.

Neil is an average player and i don't want aston villa to start paying ridiculous wages to average players just for the sake of it.

Neill is NOT an average player...and why are you constantly saying that it is ridicolous wages? What players do we have and what do they earn? McCann for example...a very average player...what is his salary? Baros looks average and Angel too...many players look very mediocre in today Villa...

West Ham thinks he´s worth it and I do believe that he will be a hit at West Ham...if he´s worth £50.000 per week? He might be if they get clear from relegation and ends up higher in the league. What they get for the position might pay his salary...without him they might have gone down. It is not right to judge one player on speculated wages.

Remind you that Neill only cost £3m...at least that is what is suggested...and that is a very good price for a player of his calibre 2007. To take a player from under noses of Liverpool you cant come and say that "we are a better team"...West Ham has understood what they need to do in order to sign players and to be competetive...THIS is ambition!

Yet you must wonder..West Ham sign players...we dont...

Yeah, that's crazy wages for a player you could say was, at best, "very good" and at worst "wreckless". Fair enough if he turned down the reds - it's not like turning down Man Utd or Arsenal. Also if you're making the last big move of your career and someone is offering you twice the amount of money, you'd have to think very hard about it.

I know I will probably cop a bit of stick for this, but here goes...

Been told by an ex-teamate of Leicester goalkeeper Paul Henderson that he has turned down the chance to sign for Aston Villa and has instead decided to extend his deal at Leicester, reason being he wants to continue playing first team football...

I know your all probably looking at my post count thinking this guy is a clown but it's dead serious...

MOVED: I guess I am a clown then

TBH I think we´re in big trouble in the transfer market really...if we dont get any players in we´re heading for relegation zone and I have a feeling we might end up as a shock departure...

It is crucial that we get players now...I am seriously afraid of what is going to happen if we not sign any player and believe we can handle the situation with what we´ve got. Villa isnt good enough and it shows.

We will lose market value when summer comes and when we are supposed to make our biggest changes...who will come to a team almost relegated last season? If worse...who will come to a team relegated?

News now: West Ham has signed Calum Davenport from Spurs...OPS! Someone do business.

My thoughts:

Neill is a good player although he can be a total knob.

Neill is NOT world class.

Neill is not worth paying 50k p/w or anything like it.

Bardsley will be a better player (just a hunch). And he will be a Villa player.

Exactly my thoughts too.