Jan transfer window - rumours, speculation & suggestions

OnePablo

A new possible target has emerged for Premier teams and that is argentinian striker Fernando Cavenaghi. He plays for Spartak Moscow now but wants out because he cant adjust to life in Moscow...

This player really is something extra because I have seen him play a few times. He would be just fine for us I think.

He´s linked with Manchester City at the moment, but he would most certainly be available for us if MON wants him.

Cavenaghi story

• Replies 7.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

argentinian striker

not so sure about this , name me an Argentian who has come to the Prem and actually been any good ..they just all seem to be over hyped ,like the 2 West Ham got duped with

Ardiles, Villa, Crespo, Heinze....

And to be perfectly honest...you havent given Tevez and Mascherano time to adjust and to prove themselves in Premier. It is very premature to call them flops when they´ve been having problems with media screaming about the shock transfer to West Ham and that they´ve had to live with two managers that doesnt believe in them...

Mascherano is going to Liverpool so he must suck big time yes?

Tevez is finding his feet now and looks a lot better since Curbishley came to West Ham. Tevez has loads of potential and is truely a very good footballer...but it is the same with every team and player...if you dont play football after the skill of your players you will never succeed. This is probably most british managers biggest dilemma...they buy players they like...not because HOW THEY PLAY...just because they are good footballers that MIGHT suit the english style. If the english style had a different way to play...like Chelsea do now...then many foreigners will be successful. If play like Villa do often...hoofing the ball and throw crosses blindly then no player is certain to be successful.

A new possible target has emerged for Premier teams and that is argentinian striker Fernando Cavenaghi. He plays for Spartak Moscow now but wants out because he cant adjust to life in Moscow...

This player really is something extra because I have seen him play a few times. He would be just fine for us I think.

He´s linked with Manchester City at the moment, but he would most certainly be available for us if MON wants him.

Cavenaghi story

Watched him when he was at river all the time! Also sign him on football manager as he is great on that- :oops:

From watching him at river he looks like a forward who can lead the line and is very good in and just outside the box, great link up play and strong so id love to see him here.

Tevez has loads of potential

we have a team full of potential , to avoid relegation we need a team that can deliver now ..otherwise no point signing anyone until close season and at a fairer price

Ardiles & Villa never played in the Prem BTW and Crespo in his 4 years at Chelsea has only played about 25 games

as a suggestion I would like Juan Pablo Pino given a chance! he's been playing superb with the Colombia under 20s team and is already in talks with Boca Juniors for a loan....but he would be available for about £3 mill, he's a creative midfielder with a great long range shot

:yawn: at this whole transfer thread.

Wait until the Summer. Nothing is going to happen this month.

We'll probably get a few in towards the end of next week, but they won't be anything exciting, just stop gaps until the end of the season.

Tevez has loads of potential

we have a team full of potential , to avoid relegation we need a team that can deliver now ..otherwise no point signing anyone until close season and at a fairer price

Ardiles & Villa never played in the Prem BTW and Crespo in his 4 years at Chelsea has only played about 25 games

Bah! For Europe I cant see many players in our current squad being full of potential. If you think that our team has loads of potential...then why hasnt players been linked with moves to Man U, Liverpool and Chelsea??

We have mediocre players with promising young kids that still are way off making real mark in Premier. We play some good games, but we are so inconsistent so it is marvellous...and that is because potential and skill doesnt add up...

Ardiles and Villa played in the highest of leagues in England at that point. Just because it is called Premier now doesnt mean that we play on another planet...

We'll probably get a few in towards the end of next week, but they won't be anything exciting, just stop gaps until the end of the season.

:?

Thats true.

I dont agree for a second...

It is interesting, but very exhausting, to read transfer gossip and speculation..yes...but it is also very exciting. Villa will buy some players and I predict that at least two will be very good signings...and maybe two of what you call "stop gaps". I dont think that MON is even considering stop gaps...I think that he want to add quality and true quality that can take this club forward...even in this season. Why buy, or loan, stop gaps if you build for next season to challenge truely for Europe?

We´ll get a few players in this month...I just wish it would be at least ONE today so that the club gets a true buzz...that will help the players to win big against Watford!

I'm not meaning to be a word removed, but just some people on here are expecting wonders just because we've got a bit of money now and a great manager.

Football doesn't really work like that, I mean look at West Ham. They've gone for Ashley Young and SWP and had bids accepted, but both players have apparantly rejected the chance to even talk to them.

Okay, we're not in the bottom three, but we're in the bottom six - FACT.

It's going to be hard to attract any kind of players right now, especially with how we're going in the league, because ultimately, that's what the RIGHT sort of players look at, at the end of the day. Those are the players MON is after, I genuinely believe that. These players won't even consider coming to Villa until the Summer I'm afraid.

People need to stop stressing themselves out over the transfer window and just get on with their lives. I love villa etc, but at the end of the day, Villa doesn't know or love you, so you need to just get on with it. In terms of me - lol, Villa doesn't care If I fail my Uni exams. I'm just coming on here to check any transfer news, but I'm not gonna allow myself to get stressed.

380 pages nearly of transfer rumours and suggestions - who's actually signed?! :shock: