Jan transfer window - rumours, speculation & suggestions

OnePablo

• Replies 7.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

If the players have been 'told' to expect then it will be shocking if we don't pull it any off.

If the players are just talking amongst themselves like we are doing, then they wil just be as disapointed as us i'm sure.

Up the villa.

I think, we might be prepared to pay over the odds for a player. but wouldn't want to make them our record signing. It would bring extra pressure from fans and press.

So I think it'll only be a big name player if we bid over 9.5

Don't believe for a second we have bid £12M for Bellamy, think he would do a good job for us and would like him here, but even with Jan prices, why should scousers double their money on him in 6 months- he hasn't done that well there. £8M tops forIMO, if the market really is that crazy pricewise, I'd be happy with few quality loanees and start properly in the summer, better than being financially abused by Liverpool, Charlton,Watford etc. Just because we have the money now(assumption-but thanks Randy) lets not go mad in Jan sales when we know other clubs are taking the piss. Hope Watford and Charlton go down as reward for their blatant greediness.

im hoping the liverpoo take over doesnt happen just yet, otherwise it is yet another club who will have more of an advantage over us. we need to make our financial advantage count now before it actualy counts for nothing.

chelsea splashed loads and loads, but they got the players they wanted to get, why is it any different for us? we have money, splash over the odds if it means we get sthe players MoN wants now. what is to say they would come in the summer anyway, we could be in the position of waiting until the summer, then the player doesnt want to come anyway, which would leave us again, with no players. or more likely, all premier teams have extra money, this makes buying ANYONE from anywhere in the world a more expensive proposition.

speculate to accumilate is the old saying, enough people wanted it when the last chairman was here.

BB, it does not work like that at all.

I would imagine that Benitez will target the foreign market rather than the British market which appeals to MON and all that is happening is increased money, do you really think we wpould challenge Liverplop for players ?

We have to compete with Everton, Spurs etc.

and I would add it is a good job Lerner is with us, otherwise we would be so far behind ....

even Everton appear to have more money once the american there takes fully over, hence the Stallone appearance.

I assume you mean Robert Earl, the Planet Hollywood guy, ian?

He's not actually planning on taking over Everton, he took a small shareholding at the request of Kenwright, but has said plenty of times that he has absolutely no interest whatsoever in increasing it, I believe.

I think also with the Liverpool takeover, there's not a lot to worry about there. Their consortium is back by hideously rich people, yes, but they've deflated the balloon a little there by pointing out there will be no endless supply of cash / RA style funding. In fact, I believe their arrangement to buy the club is not entirely dissimilar to the Glazer Man U deal - borrowings are involved.

We need to put things right on the pitch, and then we'll have a chance of competing with clubs like Liverpool for signings. If that side of thing isn't right, then how much money our owner has will not really matter, as the players won't want to come.

Sorry but Bellamy for £12million? I find this particularly hard to believe, especially since Liverpool did only buy him for £6million and has he done so well at Liverpool to warrent a £6million value increase but not done well enough for Liverpool to want to keep him? **** lazy arsed journalists... I probably should apply for a job at the sun or somewhere similar, could writhe far, far, far better transfer rumours than that...

Bellamy had a £6 million release clause in his Blackburn contract therefore his value is probably more than 6mill now. I suspect that if he had a £10 mill clause, Liverpool wouldn't have bought him. I wouldn't be surprised if Villa had to pay at least 10mill for him IF they want him. Goalscorers cost money.

Who would seriously take Bellamy for £12m ?

He's had a shit season and he's doubled his value , Angel's been terrible lately so whats he worth £20m ?

I think were getting down to the nitty gritty now in the window , the bids are in and the bluffing and counter bluffing is going on by the end of the week people are gonna start getting very very twitchy .

12 millions obviously a rip off

but as i said in the other thread, if paying over the odds for a couple of quality players means surviving relegation, then that should be done

1 it will mean we will have shown ambition and will show future signings in the summer where we want to go, and 2 relegation would cost the club a hell of alot more money that paying a couple of million over for a few players.