Jan transfer window - rumours, speculation & suggestions

OnePablo

• Replies 7.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Henry took a long time to settle in as do many playrs from abroad...... we need players to sign and be able to contribute IMMEDIATELY!

In his first two seasons at Arsenal Henry scored 48 goals.I'll be happy to sign someone like him

no he didnt.

edit. after checking wikipedia he did, but im not so shore

others team seem to find decent european players why cant we .

Sorenson, Mellberg, Bouma, Laurson, Petrov, Angel, Baros - all 'decent' foreign players we have signed. Ok some came from British clubs, others didnt, they still brought there skills and experience to us. Yes only one of these was signed by the current manager but he hasnt had much time to do anything about that really. Rest assured that MON will be scouting abroad, if we sign anyone is a different matter but he'll defiantly be looking as it would be stupid not to, given the pool of players.

IMO i cant see why theres any need to panic just yet. If you look at previous transfer windows then its obvious most clubs (with the exception on Utd) not just Villa, leave transfers to the last week or so, its part of the bargaining process. Thinking back to the August window i'm sure the likes of Cole, Gallas, Huth, Woodgate, Tevez and his mate, Malbranque, Graveson, Petrov, Anelka and Martins were all transferred in the last 10 odd days.

If still nobody in by Feb 1st, then questions will need to be asked. But im sure MON and the board will get there man, and pay the big prices if need be.

HE signed Petrov, Bulgarian international, for Celtic so I'd hazard a guess he knows about other high-quality Bulgarians.

We can sit here wringing our hands all we like. But Martin has the extra benefit over us of a team of professional highly qualified scouts! So he is probably aware of many players - and their relative availability - probably many more than the lot of us put together.

Seems very clear to me he is chasing very specific targets to begin with, and will look at slightly more risky players as time ticks on. Which is probably the EXACT reason he doesn't want to blow his budget on overpriced kids like Young, so he'll have something to spend on other targets later in the window.

(Well I hope so anyway!)

Tomaszk wrote:

I really hope MON is aware of Bojinov, Iv seen him once live and many times on TV for Bulgaria mostly, but he looks such a good player.

lol he probably doesnt know who he is

Not good enough sorry chap. Go back to FM and keep searching.

In the news of the world today it states we will make a 12 million move for Craig Bellamy

They can keep him at that price RandsVilla!

In The People they mention that Wenger may consider a deal for Fabrice Muamba who is currently on loan at Small Heath. Now I would hate to de-rail their promotion push by signing the player who is described as "the new Patrick Vieira" but they link Everton, Fulham & Boro with him for £2.5m, does anyone else think he might be worth a look?

Sutton and Agathe came as they were out of contract and all we could sign outside of the Summer window.

Everyone on here was delighted when Petrov signed and Bardsley is a fill in until the Summer.

When midnight 31.1.07 arrives that might be a better time to comment

More like 6.00am 1/2/07 if you are Chelsea, Arsenal or SHA.