Jan transfer window - rumours, speculation & suggestions

OnePablo

• Replies 7.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

The obvious advantage of signing him is so we can have a chim-chimmeny chant. That's got to be as good as reason as any to sign someone?

:lol: Gotta be worth £2m on its own really doesn't it :)image_14.gif

Tremendous target man. Improving as a marksman, but goals aren't his strength.

He'd cause defences enough problems to allow Gabby and Luke to bang the goals in from open play and he'd be the target for corners and free-kicks.

Spot on, both of you.

I'd love to see him at the club - surprised he's only 27, seems he's been around for years!

Well, he broke through at (my local club) Valerenga at the very tender age of 17 and, due to his brutal physical strength already being fully developed, immidietly made a name for himself. Within three years he was playing regularly for Valencia. He's been a big name in Europe for over seven years, actually. Not bad for a young lad.

Hasn't he had problems with knee injuries throughout his career though?

I think he failed a medical at Fulham because of a knee condition called "jumper's knees". I've got the same condition and it effectively put an end to my "career", however it is possible to recover from. I don't think it has bothered him too much over the past couple of years.

Give O'Neill time, He knows what he is doing simple as, For years we have bought Duds, then complain about them after. Some players might not be available, people also questioning fees, We spent years complaining at Ellis for not spending 8Million on Izzet, and now all we get is Ashley Young is too expensive, if we got him for that much, i would be delighted. There were days when Heskey and Bowyer were touted for those prices.

£4m for Carew? Wow...he would´ve been sold yesterday for that price!

Carew would go for about 5-6£M not more than that I think. It would be a perfect signing for us, especially if he can play together with a real goalgetter. He would however not sign for us. He usually goes for the fancy, big clubs which are suited in a big and happening city. I reckon Birmingham wouldnt be rates as that for him. I think he rejected Fulham, it was not because of an injury.

The nigerian "Edu" Wigan probably signs now should be a great partner for Carew. Cheap as well, £3M. Wigan are doing well in this transfer window, clever signings. Maybe we should get their scouts.

Did you just correct Michelsen's Norwegian? :lol: And its Lørenskog and Rosenborg to a degree. Enga contributed zero.

That is not true at all.

We gave him the chance to play at the highest level at the age of 17.

He played more games for Enga than for Rosenborg.

He won his first trophy (the Norwegian F.A. Cup) at the club.

His first taste of European football came with VÃ…lerenga. Remember 3-3 in Istanbul and the quarter final against Chelsea?

He got to work with Egil Olsen, who taught him a lot about the game.

I think it is safe to say that VÃ¥lerenga has meant a lot for John Carew's career. So much he's made it clear that he will return to the club one day to finish his career where it started.

Now thats such a lie :mrgreen:

I believe I've convicingly proved it isn't :)

Sorry for going off topic, I just couldn't let that one pass.

Did you just correct Michelsen's Norwegian? :lol: And its Lørenskog and Rosenborg to a degree. Enga contributed zero.

That is not true at all.

We gave him the chance to play at the highest level at the age of 17.

He played more games for Enga than for Rosenborg.

He won his first trophy (the Norwegian F.A. Cup) at the club.

His first taste of European football came with VÃ…lerenga. Remember 3-3 in Istanbul and the quarter final against Chelsea?

He got to work with Egil Olsen, who taught him a lot about the game.

I think it is safe to say that VÃ¥lerenga has meant a lot for John Carew's career. So much he's made it clear that he will return to the club one day to finish his career where it started.

Now thats such a lie :mrgreen:

I believe I've convicingly proved it isn't :)

Sorry for going off topic, I just couldn't let that one pass.

Or did VÃ¥lerenga pick up a wonderkid, who already at the age of 17 was better then their entire squad? He took them to trophies, and European football.

Finally when he had to the chance to jump ship, he did. Rosenborg embraced his potential and gave him a career abroad!

Enga did nothing! :cheers:

ANybody know when the cut off is for signing players in time for them to play on a Saturday?
I think Richard its 18:00 on the day before but thats only from memory so is probably way wrong