Thialnd -Bangkok + Koh Samui

villa_shere

Going Thailand with the boys. 3 nights in BKK and 4 in Koh Samui, would have like to go for long but it just didnt work out.

Anyway, any suggestions on what to do and see. Not massive on tourists things, more likely to be hungover, but happy to sit in a range rover and be shown around the place.

Any recommomendations on Bars and Clubs?

Eden Club on Sukhumvit

Bar policy is you must take two girls or more , can't just have 1 .. my mate gives me a blow by blow account on the email every time he goes there :shock:

they don't like you going in there just to drink though so if you go with your mates it's best that you go for one purpose

Where you staying? Sukhumvit Road is the main strip in BKK. Close to Nana Plaza and Soi Cowboy - the 2 main gogo bar areas. They are always worth a visit. There are a few conventional clubs around there (Liquid on Soi 4 for example).

There is the Q Bar and Bed Supperclub (think it might be called the Grey Goose club now) are on Soi 11. There are more clubs on RCA but that is a taxi ride from Sukhumvit.

Chaweng Beach is the main area in Samui.

Am going to BKK for 4 days in May for a Stag Weekend - would certainly appreciate some advice if any of my fellow VT'ers have been there before.

We have seen The Hangover 2, and will certainly not be getting a) tattoos, B) involved with monkeys, etc etc.

I am seriously looking forward to the food, though - from hawkers markets etc

Awaiting your kind advice

:lol:

Koh tao was the nicest place in Thailand for me, but then that's just me. I disliked the 'backpacker' party scene, and as such I found parts of Bangkok distasteful and really didn't like Costa Del Samui.

If you're going with the lads though I suspect you'll be well up for a good piss up and debaucherous laugh, in which case you'll find everything you want in Thailand. Really is party central. Be careful with illegal substances there though, slap on the wrists don't exist in Thailand, get caught with them and you could be in very serious trouble.

Cambodia is better ;)

• 1 month later...

I am in Bangkok right now. Have been in Thailand for a few weeks now.

I enjoyed Koh Samui a lot but Koh Tao was the best island and you can get a mega cheap diving ceritification (which I wish I'd done). My mate got to swim with a whale shark.

• 2 weeks later...

Fantastic country, ashame we were only there for 9 days, far too little time to fit so many things it.

Thais are friendly people, well mannered with a cheeky sense of humour.

Food was amazing, best holiday food i've had.

Clubs in Bangkok were quality, was expecting dodgy run down places but these where good. Farily cheap to buy a bottle in the clubs too, around £60-70 for a Grey Goose and less for Johnny Walker.

Koh Samui was fantastic, admittedly we were in the "costa del Samui" part but it was right up our street. Saying that there are several parts of the Island which would be suitable for couples.

I'd go back in a heartbeat!

Fantastic country, ashame we were only there for 9 days, far too little time to fit so many things it.

Thais are friendly people, well mannered with a cheeky sense of humour.

Food was amazing, best holiday food i've had.

Clubs in Bangkok were quality, was expecting dodgy run down places but these where good. Farily cheap to buy a bottle in the clubs too, around £60-70 for a Grey Goose and less for Johnny Walker.

Koh Samui was fantastic, admittedly we were in the "costa del Samui" part but it was right up our street. Saying that there are several parts of the Island which would be suitable for couples.

I'd go back in a heartbeat!

Glad you had a good time mate. It really is an amazing place. What clubs did you go to in Bangkok?

Agree about Samui. I like and it is a nice island. People tend to head to Chaweng Beach and if they like it there, then they like Samui. If not, then they decide they don't like Samui.

Personally, I like Chaweng. It is what it is. You go there for purely for a smash up in which you'll be nailing buckets (literally buckets) of SamSong in Green Mango and Sound bar, and then chilling on the beach in the day.

As you said, though - there's more to the island than just Chaweng. There's some nice little towns and resorts, some really secluded beaches, and some amazing waterfalls/jungle areas, but people don't bother to look hard enough.

Went to Mixx, Insomnia, Q-Bar and Bed Supperclub. First day went Soi Cowboy, worth a visit but very dodgy place to say the least. Managed to go to Sirocco Bar @ Lebua (skybar/hotel from Hangover pt2) that was decent too, great views but the place was overlly packed.

Ahhh makes me want to go back! Always have a great time in Bangkok. What did you think of Q Bar and Bed Supperclub? Never been to Insomnia but gone past it plenty of times. Climax is meant to be decent (just up from Bed Supperclub in the basement of the Ambassador Hotel).

Got great memories of Samui as well :-)

The clubs were good, high quality finishes in side like Mechu or a westend London club, no trouble getting in. 500thb entrance inc 2drinks. Cheap to buy drinks and bottles, good mix of people tourists and locals, men, women, menwomen lol!

I would say the actual "party" scene is average though, about the same as England. I am only comparing this to America where when a tune drops the people in the club go crazy. After clubs like mixx and insomnia had a better party vibe.

Samui is just simply amazing.

Â