Sportswash! - Let’s oil stare at Manchester City!

ClaretMahoney

13 minutes ago, LondonLax said:

It is putting the allegations in perspective. 

The allegations are that they spent money to become competitive with the bigger clubs. They were not allowed to be competitive with the likes of Man U and Liverpool because Man U and Liverpool pushed for rule changes that would prevent a smaller team from being competitive with them. 

Man U and Liverpool wanted it to remain a closed shop at the top and don’t want to share their advantage that they had manoeuvred into over the years when the PL money rolled in. 

The idea that they outspent Man U, Chelsea, Madrid etc is not true. They simply bought a place to compete with those clubs at the top table.

They now spend in the same ballpark as other top teams. Their achievements on the pitch however are achieved by being well managed and well run. This part seems to be lost in rage from rival supporters. They are not spending money that Madrid, Man U or Chelsea can’t do as well, they are just doing a better job with the money they are spending.

Personally I think FFP is a bunch of bullshit. However those are the rules and City will most likely be punished for breaking them.

I couldn't give a flying f*** whether they outspent those teams. I'm an Aston Villa fan and they have cheated the system in a way that's allowed them to pillage our squad for over a decade. 

Carry on defending them all you like. But as  a Villa fan who cares about my club and the sport as a whole, I certainly won't be.

Edited by GlobalVillan
  • Like 2

• Replies 11.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

7 minutes ago, GlobalVillan said:

I couldn't give a flying f*** whether they outspent those teams. I'm an Aston Villa fan and they have cheated the system in a way that's allowed them to pillage our squad for over a decade. 

Carry on defending them all you like. But as  a Villa fan who cares about my club and the sport as a whole, I certainly won't be.

If City hadn’t happened and it was Man U or Chelsea buying Grealish off us you’d be fine with that then?

The system was rigged long before City became a player. 

3 minutes ago, LondonLax said:

If City hadn’t happened and it was Man U or Chelsea buying Grealish off us you’d be fine with that then?

I am not going to discuss this anymore with someone who point blank refuses to accept the fact that Manchester City are cheats with at least 115 serious allegations to their name between 2009 and 2018.

The only reason it stops there is that they refused to share information with UEFA so inevitably its far worse than even the current charges.

And yet there you are ignoring it. Making false equivalences and whataboutery.

Cheating. I'm taking about CHEATING.

18 minutes ago, GlobalVillan said:

I am not going to discuss this anymore with someone who point blank refuses to accept the fact that Manchester City are cheats with at least 115 serious allegations to their name between 2009 and 2018.

The only reason it stops there is that they refused to share information with UEFA so inevitably its far worse than even the current charges.

And yet there you are ignoring it. Making false equivalences and whataboutery.

Cheating. I'm taking about CHEATING.

You didn’t read my post then. As I said,  they will likely be punished for rule breaking. 

Edited by LondonLax

1 minute ago, LondonLax said:

You didn’t read my post then. 

Yes I did. Anyway you seem to have a soft spot (or at the very least, a blind spot) for these cheats so let's leave it there.

Edited by GlobalVillan

27 minutes ago, LondonLax said:

The system was rigged...

You can argue that man City have broken rules that man utd put in place to stop other clubs spending as much as they can

My disinterest in man City is nothing compared to my hatred of utd

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, villa4europe said:

The system was rigged...

You can argue that man City have broken rules that man utd put in place to stop other clubs spending as much as they can

Exactly, sums it up well. 

21 minutes ago, villa4europe said:

The system was rigged...

You could but you'd be wrong and sound like a fool.

£1,000 to Villa Talk right now if you can show me the rules that Man United put in place.

Off you go..... I'm waiting.

EDIT: I'll save you the trouble. Man United are not an arbitor for football and cannot put rules in place that affect anyone but themselves. Even then  those rules would heed to be verified and checked by footballs governing bodies.

They can join a collective group in pushing for reform, although that's of course mot the same thing as Man Utd "putting rules in place".

Man City have unilaterally cheated us and every other football club hundreds of times and yet you and a couple of others want to defend them. Its bizarre.

Edited by GlobalVillan

9 minutes ago, villa4europe said:

You’re lying to yourself if you say you’re disinterested in Man City. They are an incredibly interesting club.

1 minute ago, GlobalVillan said:

You could but you'd be wrong and sound like a fool.

£1,000 to Villa Talk right now if you can show me the rules that Man United put in place.

Off you go..... I'm waiting.

You never heard of David Gill?

4 minutes ago, Genie said:

You’re lying to yourself if you say you’re disinterested in Man City. They are an incredibly interesting club.

Nah they've killed my interest in football, villas decline over the same period probably didn't help, so did getting old and having kids but I rarely watch football as a neutral anymore

I can't bring myself to be angry and hate man City, I'm apathetic towards it all

Just now, GlobalVillan said:

Yes. Met him several times. What's your point?

So you think that his previous role of man utd CEO and then role on the ECA had no impact with regards to the introduction of FFP?

Or that man utd are arguably the main beneficiaries from FFP?

4 minutes ago, villa4europe said:

So you think that his previous role of man utd CEO and then role on the ECA had no impact with regards to the introduction of FFP?

Or that man utd are arguably the main beneficiaries from FFP?

Their former employee having an impact on FFP is absolutely NOT the same as Man United putting rules is place. Nor is it the anyhring like the cheating that is still ongoing at the Etihad.

You know that and I don't know what point your trying to get at in defending it.

For clarity,  Football has many problems before Man City and I grant that, I'm not deaf,  dumb and blind.

But, this level of cheating is unprecedented and needs to be treated with similar consequences. Kicked out of the football pyramid and all titles and cups stripped. 

That's the punishment they deserve. They won't get a 1,000th of that of course.

Edited by GlobalVillan

10 minutes ago, GlobalVillan said:

Their former employee having an impact on FFP is absolutely NOT the same as Man United putting rules is place. Nor is it the anyhring like the cheating that is still ongoing at the Etihad.

You know that and I don't know what point your trying to get at in defending it.

For clarity,  Football has many problems before Man City and I grant that, I'm not deaf,  dumb and blind.

But, this level of cheating is unprecedented and needs to be treated with similar consequences. Kicked out of the football pyramid and all titles and cups stripped. 

That's the punishment they deserve. They won't get a 1,000th of that of course.

I think you need a lie down :) 

37 minutes ago, GlobalVillan said:

Fixed for you. 

The FFP regulations were proposed by the ‘G-14’. 

Back when they proposed it they called it a ‘salary cap’. I guess ‘Financial Fair Play’ was an easier name to sell. 

The G-14 were an association of the 14 biggest clubs at the time. They were a pressure group who lobbied UEFA for changes to the rules under threat of forming a breakaway super league. 

UEFA agreed to adopt their proposal, which essentially shut out teams from competing with the wealth generated by the G-14 clubs. 

It was a total scam.

Man City have likely broken the G-14’s rules and will most likely be punished for it. Allowing Man U, Barcelona, Madrid etc to resume their closed shop model at the top. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Â