• N'Zogbia
    • Albrighton
    • Petrov
    • Herd
    • Agbonlahor
    • Weimann (for N'Zogbia 71)
    • Bannan (for Herd 82)
    • Gardner (for Petrov 90)

The "supporters" who started singing don't know what you're doing, when Alex took Zog off were bang off the money today.

It was the right decision and it fully paid off

The manager deserves some plaudits tonight

That eased a few worries anyway. We needed a slice of luck and probably should have made it more convincing against a lacklustre Fulham side.

Plus points: Herd looks to have all the makings, very strong. Ireland, definitely MOTM and proving us all wrong with hard graft. And Weimann deserves a spot over Gabby atm, he looks very lively and knows where the goal is.

Minus points: Albrighton, without question. The lad works his socks off, but he is'nt all that.

So glad we didn't play out another pathetic draw. That should see us safe now. Excellent to see Weimann bag a goal as well.

That said, I don't really think we were that good. We were alright in the first half but for much of the second half we were just shit and lacked any kind of attacking intention. I'm just glad we finally won at home.

Makes a nice change to win in injury time, and we kept the ball in their half for virtually all of added time.

Thought the bloke in the Lower North that kept bawling "USE IT", "PUT EM UNDER" "PRESSURE" and a few other classics was highly entertaining :-)

Team came out with the right attitude - thEy wanted the ball and didn't give Fulham time on the ball.

Lots of possession, particularly in the first half but they seemed to struggle to know what to do with it in the final third.

Second not as good, midway through players and fans seemed to lose hope. We needed a second striker as gabby was working the channels but no one was in the middle. Was pissed off at the Gardner sub - I saw it as mcleish wasting time for the draw - but good shot and Weiman following it up seemed to take an hour to go in.

Very pleased. One win from safety I think

Makes a nice change to win in injury time, and we kept the ball in their half for virtually all of added time.

Thought the bloke in the Lower North that kept bawling "USE IT", "PUT EM UNDER" "PRESSURE" and a few other classics was highly entertaining :-)

What else did he say? That might've been my step dad... :lol:

Can't believe the 'luck' comments. As Mantis said, the only thing that was lucky was that Fulham were holding it us to a draw. Thought we were fantastic in the first half. Yes, we tailed off a fair bit in the second, but on the balance of the play we were miles better than an under-performing Fulham.

Ratings:

Given - N/A. I say N/A because he simply had **** all to do!

Hutton - 8. Brilliant today. Constantly on the overlap and they got not spare change out of him at all. Massively, massively improved the last few weeks.

Collins & Cuellar - 7.5. Again, brilliant. Seeing as Pog and Dempsey being on fire for the last 3/4 games, they were non-existent.

Warnock - 7. Again, solid defensively. Perhaps a little loose with his distribution, but made very little mistakes.

Herd - 7. Everywhere. The intensity in his play is why, for me, he is better within his role than Petrov.

Petrov- 3. And 3 is generous. He was shocking today. No intensity and came across as very lazy.

Zog - 7. - Moments of brilliance followed by some sloppy play and was unlucky to be taken off.

Ireland - 8. Magnificent. Sometimes accused of not caring, but the first half he was everywhere. Tenacious performance from a player who's game that really isn't. Kept the play moving nicely and was pretty much at the heart of anything good we created.

Albrighton - 6. Within the first 15 minutes he was on fire and I thought he was gonna really kick on and tear Kelly apart but it didn't happen. Looks very short of confidence currently.

Gabby - 3. So poor. Looked very jaded. His lack of movement is very worrying. When playing up top you need more than just a spin into the channel. With Bent today I reckon the result would have been all the more comfortable.

Subs:

Bannan and Gardner - not that much time to make an impact of sorts apart from Gardner's shot which led to Schwarzer's fumble!

Weimann - 100000000000000000000000000. Only on for 20 minutes and put an absolute shift in. Great anticiption which us grabbed us the winner and led to us to a pivotal 3 points.

All in all, well worth the spontaneous trip from London for. The pure relief around the ground when Weimann scored was evident.

Massive, massive win for us and hopefully we can push on now.

Delphinho123, you might as well have McLeish out as your signature.

It'll save you the bother of typing it out every time you post :D

True, but I enjoy typing it!

...Mcleish out.

I must admit that it did make me feel better when typing it in response to your post :D

EDIT: Also, the fact that Lawro predicted a Fulham win for today makes it even sweeter!

Harsh on Petrov

Gabby is carrying an injury I think

Presume that was at my post.

He was massively wasteful though? Majority of the time he looks scared too shoot but today elected for greed when a better option was on.

If he's injured he should be playing, but the past 3 games he was been so, so poor.

Â