Any player that dares to have a bad game for Villa

The_Rev

What should happen to a player who has a bad game?  

26 members have voted

1. 1. What should happen to a player who has a bad game?

• Shot at Dawn
    • Tarred and Feathered
    • Chinese Water Torture
    • A bloody good kicking
    • hung by genetals in a darkend room for three hours
    • put in the stocks and pelted with rotten eggs

seems we have loads of self appointed executioners on these here boards, so i was wondering, perhaps we could ask the club to release any player who has an iffy game for Villa to us.

Question is, what should be do to a player who makes a bad pass, misses a chance, gets caught offside or gets caught out of position?

Obviously, the first thing to do is to forget that we are in the top six, but after that what should we do?

Hendrie did something silly and got himself banned for 3 matches - Hooray, well done that man!

JPA played awful mised a penalty and an open goal - give him a pay rise immediately

Solano and Cole went missing for the whole time they were on - free meal at Dougs house then?

Mellberg missed a few interseptions and allowed the ball to bounce over his head again instead of dealing - new club car?

As a supporter, like most on here, I am entitled to criticise players that deserve it. JPA mayhave been top scorer last season but this season he is not really worth his place on some performances. Is it some sort of sacriledge to say so?

The whole team were rubbish on Saturday perhaps with the exception of the other scapegoat, UDLC, and if I want to say that I will.

When they play well they get the praise.

On your assessment Lancs does that mean we shouldn't have moaned about GT as he was good once :wink:

not at all Denis just I think that the reaction to the defeat on Saturday has been totally over the top. The criticism is all well and good until it is not based on his performance on the pitch which some have alluded to.

As for sacrilege to have an opinion about players and whether they should be in the team or not of course not where do you think you are ;-)

I know but the sticking up for is as out of synch with reality sometimes as the 'scapegoating'........

It just seems that some players can get stick for little reason ie UDLC. But as some think JPA walks on water it is a crime to say he sinks and gets wet occassionally!

I know but the sticking up for is as out of synch with reality sometimes as the 'scapegoating'........

It just seems that some players can get stick for little reason ie UDLC. But as some think JPA walks on water it is a crime to say he sinks and gets wet occassionally!

well for me he is keeping his head above water and you forgot to add in Olly who also seems to be above criticism yet he playing equally as poorly as JPA at the moment. And that's the crux of it when our two, widely recognised, best players are off-form it shows

well for me he is keeping his head above water and you forgot to add in Olly who also seems to be above criticism yet he playing equally as poorly as JPA at the moment. And that's the crux of it when our two, widely recognised, best players are off-form it shows

Very good point!

Olly has been at fault for quite a few of the goals we have let in this season and for me has yet to hit top form. Could it be that he has had to play with a different partner in crime this season? Who else springs to mind who has had some of the same?

I think that the manager should give them a few handy hints and confidence boosting reassurances, then work with them in training to help them improve.

It's a bit radical, but it must just work ;)

Thou shalt not criticise a Villa player

Thou shalt not go over the top should Villa lose

Thou shalt not go over the top should Villa win

Thou shalt use the maxim 'support the team no matter what'

Only those who go to every home match shall be considered as true supporters, those that go to all matches need no such consideration

thou shalt not criticise Muppet Towers

Thou shalt not criticise Mr Ellis, or Langham

Thou shalt not mention the faltering contract negotiations

Thou can comment ad nauseum to ensure a thread goes off topic and gets closed

Thou must make a thread personal if it goes against any of the above dictates.

Taken from the 'Ayotollah's in Retreat' book of helpfull hints. :lol:

Surely being a fan is about being angry when your team loses and ecstatic when they win, criticising Angel for a few poor performances is reasonable, he stinks, but remains our leading striker, no one I've read had seriously criticised his ability to remain our top scorer, or for that matter made him our scapegoat .

If they do, so what, come the right move he like everyone before him would be off and I doubt gives a care what anyone on here feels.

The site is a good medium to express opinions and let off steam is that wrong?