London 2012 Olympic Games

maqroll

Yes they were, although not as loud as they should have been...

I guess that's an answer to my question - in which case, well done to the S Koreans.

Booing is common in that situation.

I repeat - well done to the S Koreans. A nice big **** you to the crowd.

I guess that's an answer to my question - in which case, well done to the S Koreans.

I booed during Villa vs Inter and Tranmere penalty shoot outs and I'd boo again.

You say that like it's wrong to try to put the opposition off. It happens in every sport and has done for years.

You say that like it's wrong to try to put the opposition off. It happens in every sport and has done for years.

Except that it doesn't happen in any of the other 35 Olympic events...

Except that it doesn't happen in any of the other 35 Olympic events...

You would be surprised.

Dear Lord it didn't take long for the anti football backlash to begin eh . In two weeks time nobody will remember half the medal winners names from this competition and football willl resume its role as the greatest show in town .

We will all be down Villa Park in our thousands every other week and the Olympics will be a just happy memory . Who knows, we may even draw small heath in the cup and imagine if it went to penalties in front of the Holte End ? Will Villa Park remain in reverent silence whilst the scum step up to take their penalties? I highly doubt it .

This old shit always comes around when other sports get a few hours in the limelight. Footballers and fans alike are branded as mercenaries and neanderthals and it's just sanctimonius nonsense .

Dear Lord it didn't take long for the anti football backlash to begin eh . In two weeks time nobody will remember half the medal winners names from this competition and football willl resume its role as the greatest show in town .

We will all be down Villa Park in our thousands every other week and the Olympics will be a just happy memory . Who knows, we may even draw small heath in the cup and imagine if it went to penalties in front of the Holte End ? Will Villa Park remain in reverent silence whilst the scum step up to take their penalties? I highly doubt it .

This old shit always comes around when other sports get a few hours in the limelight. Footballers and fans alike are branded as mercenaries and neanderthals and it's just sanctimonius nonsense .

Nail on the head.

Really?

Many other Olympic events (at this games) where this has happened?

Basketball, hockey and tennis. Not all booing, yet all trying to put the opposition off by waving things etc.

Really?

Many other Olympic events (at this games) where this has happened?

I heard booing at the boxing, when a British boxer was beaten by an Italian.

I booed during Villa vs Inter and Tranmere penalty shoot outs and I'd boo again.

Well done you.

Really well done to the S Koreans.

I can't fathom why you're surprised and seemingly angry that there was booing during penalties at a British football match.

I take it you wanted Villa to lose the above shoot outs.

...it's just sanctimonius nonsense .

No it isn't.

Football isn't necessarily 'the greatest show in town' and disagreement with the behaviour that may necessarily follow it (though that's arguable) is only characterized as you have above when desperate.

Edited.

To some extent I agree with you, but I think that alot of these Olympic athletes put their bodies to the absolute limits. I dont think many footballers do. These Olympians deserve their time in the limelight.

Football is a tribal sport. If the booing was half hearted then its only because the support for the new GB team is novel. I personally haven't been fussed by the football.

Quality goings on today elsewhere though. Some fantastic events. I was having kittens during the 10k!

Â