Relegation - Merged

Amo69

• Replies 4.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The Barry move set the tone though, lowered the bar

You simply do not allow your captain to leave

correct,barry is/was on the inside,a inside we as fan we never see,he knew avfc could not match his ambition,that applies for the rest of them..untill the "golden" day when mr arab buy randy out i expect the same shower served up at 3pm on a sat afternoon.

The day we agreed to sell Barry was the end of the Lerner renaissance

It defined us as also rans not challengers

What was the day we signed Mcleish then ?

The day Aston Villa died, temporarily at least.

Villa fans no longer say BC and AD - it is now BMc and AMc - before and after McLeish. Fans will talk longingly of the BMc days - the days before the curse that is Alex McLeish was placed on our club.

Barry was desperate to leave. The club had no choice but to sell him.

Spurs and Modric. There is always a choice. Who's got it right then? Maybe Barry with only a year left isn't as apt as Downing, but I think just selling players when they're unhappy is defeatist and counter productive. tell them to play or go in the reserves. Modric soon came to his senses.

Spurs and Modric. There is always a choice. Who's got it right then? Maybe Barry with only a year left isn't as apt as Downing, but I think just selling players when they're unhappy is defeatist and counter productive. tell them to play or go in the reserves. Modric soon came to his senses.

But Barry tried to leave a year earlier remember, and like the Modric situation, Villa managed to keep Barry. There is no way Villa could of kept him for another season. He would of just sulked and played poorly. Remember Yorke at the start of 98/99?

But Barry tried to leave a year earlier remember, and like the Modric situation, Villa managed to keep Barry. There is no way Villa could have kept him for another season. He would of just sulked and played poorly. Remember Yorke at the start of 98/99?

I think because barry had only 1 year left I'll accept it's not a great comparison to Modric, but Milner and Downing should both have been treated the same as Modric.

Has Mcleish overtaken Steve Hodge in the hate stakes yet?

Many fans will be to young to remember Judas, so for that reason alone i would say yes.

Although not in my book.

But Barry tried to leave a year earlier remember, and like the Modric situation, Villa managed to keep Barry. There is no way Villa could have kept him for another season. He would of just sulked and played poorly. Remember Yorke at the start of 98/99?

I think because barry had only 1 year left I'll accept it's not a great comparison to Modric, but Milner and Downing should both have been treated the same as Modric.

Modric will be leaving spurs this summer anyway, footballers always seem to get things their own way in the end

i thought modric convinced spurs to give him a bumper new contract before seeing his performance dip? if they dont get CL next year and arry is england manager he'll be long gone

Surely if they don't get champs league this year he'll be off?

taht was day we signed Emile Heskey :'(

Oh, absolutely this for me. We needed/wanted Darren Bent but we got Emile Heskey instead. I'm not one for bringing up MON debates or dwelling in the past(usually)but this one has always irked me.