Relegation - Merged

Amo69

Bolton in 18th have 6 games left, and it wouldn't be impossible for them to get something from each game.

Swansea (H)

Villa (A)

Sunderland (A)

Tottenham (H)

West Brom (H)

Stoke (A)

One more win and we'll be fine, we just need that win I think. QPR 4 points behind, Wigan 1 point behind. We need 2 points minimum from next 2 home games, though should be targeting 6. If we stay on 35 till the end of the season, we'll go down I recon. Didn't Birmingham City stay on like 38 points for ages right at the end of last season? I remember their fans saying 1 more win and they'll be fine. It never came. Uncanny, better not happen again McHopeless.

• Replies 4.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This may actually be a god result. It will give the whole staff a big kick up the arse. Secondly we need QPR to go down and this win has made it more likely. For those of you still bricking it just remember who QPR have to play and how many points they are behind. They might pick up a shock result like Wigan but they will not do it for 3 of those games.

I'm seriously worried now, we just don't have the players for a relegation scrap while teams like qpr and blackburn have been in around the relegation spots all season so will be ready. Mcleish should take a long hard look in the mirror

Aston Villa should not be relying on other teams losing games to simply stay up,pathetic situation caused by lack of leadership from the top.

Mc Leish should go now to give us any hope for the bleak future;Que Randy are you still interested if so sort out your Club!

This is the first time I've really felt genuine concern to be honest. After QPR and Wigan both beat Liverpool, I thought that fluke results happen. But then they've both beaten Arsenal since and Wigan have also beaten United.

I look at it at think Wolves are gone, Blackburn and QPR have hard fixtures as they both play Spurs and Chelsea - but the other teams seem to be able to get results from these games while we simply can not win. Concerned now.

As long as QPR don't beat Spurs we will be o.k, if they don't they'll get 4 points from the Spurs and Stoke home games which will take them to 35 points. I can't for the life of me see how they'll beat Chelsea at Stamford Birdge who will still be in the mix for 4th and on the last day at Man. City who could still be in the mix for the title.

This may actually be a god result. It will give the whole staff a big kick up the arse. Secondly we need QPR to go down and this win has made it more likely. For those of you still bricking it just remember who QPR have to play and how many points they are behind. They might pick up a shock result like Wigan but they will not do it for 3 of those games.

they have an out of form spurs at home on saturday.

Which would would you pick as a home win:- ?

Villa V Sunderland

QPR V Spurs

Bolton in 18th have 6 games left, and it wouldn't be impossible for them to get something from each game.

Swansea (H)

Villa (A)

Sunderland (A)

Tottenham (H)

West Brom (H)

Stoke (A)

One more win and we'll be fine, we just need that win I think. QPR 4 points behind, Wigan 1 point behind. We need 2 points minimum from next 2 home games, though should be targeting 6. If we stay on 35 till the end of the season, we'll go down I recon. Didn't Birmingham City stay on like 38 points for ages right at the end of last season? I remember their fans saying 1 more win and they'll be fine. It never came. Uncanny, better not happen again McHopeless.

Yeah, from their 32nd game onwards, they only managed to pick up a point...

Like a sad geek I have studied the situation and worked out the mathematics.

The only way Villa will go down, is if they get 0 or 1 point from the remaining games. If Villa get 2 points, the bottom lot can not over take bear in mind some of them still have to play eachother and therefor can not get 3 points.

2 points from 5 games is all that is needed for 17th place.

The real depressing thing was seeing just how much better Wigan are than us. We haven't played half as well as that at any point this season. They had pace, quality on the ball and the fight to win it back & close down when they lost it. Of course they were under pressure for spells, but they showed what you can do when you have teamwork and tactics.

We saw it last season that the players really play for Martinez - they are motivated to succeed. They do not play for McLeish.

Lerner should watch our performance at Arsenal the other week back-to-back with Wigan's tonight and then, once he's fired McLeish, issue a grovelling apology to the fans for inflicting this season on us.

IF....

Blackburn beat Norwich....

Bolton beat Swansea.....

QPR beat spurs....

and...we lose to Sunderland..

Which you must admit, isnt highly unlikely....

Aston villa. 35

Wigan. 34

QPR. 34

Bolton. 32

Blackburn. 31

With Villa playing Bolton later that week. I know this is a big IF but I wanted to just highlight how dangerous our current plight is. MON will have been looking to this game the moment he took charge at Sunderland and I can guarantee the man will fire Sunderland up for this one.

We are in a relegation dog fight and this week I think we will find out just how bad our situation currently is.

If im honest, I think we will survive because of the fixtures QPR have remaining. That said, we are dicing with death and our manager is probably the most inept human being alive.

UTV

All of these permutations seem to rely on a bunch of teenagers, of dubious quality winning 1 match - given our only recent victory was a srambled injury time winner - and a very rare clean sheet - its going to take something special.

Its so much like blues last season its uncanny - although it proves the old adage ...'a crap manager can get relegated at more than one club'

If we get 3 0-0 draws we should be OK.
We've only kept 3 clean sheets since Boxing Day, inclusive. So I doubt we can keep another 3 over the next month. There's no way we can afford not to go all out to score in every game.

IF... we get 2 more points (not beyond the realms of possibility)

Blackburn will need to win 3 and draw 1 of there remaining games to go above us (ie. go unbeaten).

QPR will need to win 2 and draw 2, or win 3 of there remaining 4 games to go above us.

Seems unlikely but they make me so unconfident.

Like a sad geek I have studied the situation and worked out the mathematics.

The only way Villa will go down, is if they get 0 or 1 point from the remaining games. If Villa get 2 points, the bottom lot can not over take bear in mind some of them still have to play eachother and therefor can not get 3 points.

2 points from 5 games is all that is needed for 17th place.

I'm not sure about your maths. Just simulated on the BBC predictor the worst possible scenario results (we lose every game and all the teams below win every game - with exception that I have Wigan beating Wolves and Blackburn beating Wigan).

Under this scenario Wigan were 17th with 43 points. We go down in 19th on 35, with Blackburn 18th on 40.

Obviously this includes some seriously unlikely results, but it's possible and 2 points is clearly not enough to be mathematically safe. The only games against each other the bottom 6 have are us vs Bolton, Wigan vs Wolves and Blackburn vs Wigan.

We should not be in this position nor relying on the Kids to get us out of trouble,Mc Leish simply hides behind them.

Poor Manager,terrible appointment now coming back to haunt us,at least put it right......... Over to the the Board!

Everyone on this forum is wetting themselves.

Remember Wigan still have to play Blackburn, both teams can not get 3 points.

Lets ignore Blackburn now, they need to get 8 more points then Villa from their 4 games left. They and Wolves are of no concern.

What will save Villa is QPRs games, and I think Villa have enough to get 2 points from 5 games. Not even Mcleish is that bad. :lol: