Relegation - Merged

Amo69

the big fear for me is that all the teams around us are playing for their lives and we seem oblivious to the fact we are in a relegation dog fight. it reminds me of when newcastle went down and had the too big to go down mentality.

our players dont seem too bothered and dont seem very motivated and mcleish cant motivate people. its very bleak.

• Replies 4.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Even Wolves put in a good shift last night. Very worrying.

I remeber blues last year saying we have still got 6 games left and some easy home games we will be okay.

then it went to 5 games, then 4, then 3, then 2 and it ended up oh shit we need a result at white lane on the final day

we are doing EXACTLY the same thing :(

At this exact point last season Birmingham had 38 points, and were 15th, 5 points above the relegation zone. The similarities are quite scary.

say what you like about mcleish but at least he's consistent :lol:

For what my opinion is worth I have just done the BBC predictor I have been very very generous to all the teams around us - including Bolton beating us ......

The highest points totals I think they'll get is:

Bolton 40

QPR 40 (not losing a game with Spurs / Chelsea and City to play!)

Wigan 38

Blackburn 37

Wolves already down

SO very worse case we need 4 points

At this exact point last season Birmingham had 38 points, and were 15th, 5 points above the relegation zone. The similarities are quite scary.

We're **** arnt we? :(

I think Villa are capable of getting more then 1 point from the final set of games which is what Birmingham got, but anyone who thinks 6 points is a big gap should look at last seasons relegation battle.

So he resigned from SHA by e-mail

And ??

Well according to you he's got "balls" when there isn't really anything to suggest that.

He treated that small time club in a way that befits them

What's not to like

If you want to call it a "true fan" fine that suits me as on principle I never nor would ever bet against the Villa. Likewise I will be renewing my season tickets, not because I support Lerner or McCleish but because I support Aston Villa!

Players, Managers, Owners etc come and go but fans are fans for life "through thick and thin"

Yeah that is clear to see, open your eyes and see the empty seats at Villa Park.

The term "true fan" counts for jack shit in this day and age.

You can call yourself that and sit there as righteous as you want, but the simple truth is that the club relies on the mass, not the small % of extremely loyal fans as you portrait yourself to be.

People demand mutual respect to fork away thousands of pounds every year, and when a certain point arrives they will stay away. The club needs international fans to come see Villa every year, spend a lot of money in the city and in the club shop - as well online for supporter effects etc. That spirals on to every aspect of the club as a product and a business. More apathy and less people in the stands equals less interest, less revenue, lost income from TV, sponsorships and the whole nine yards.

You can probably get a better view from your seat next season though, as I guess the demand will decline tremendously. And you can sit there with your other firm believers. The important point here is not that all other fans are gloryhunters and lesser fans, not at all, but football is not the most important thing in life and that is more visible when the club gives so little back. It is not a human right to win trophies or win most home games every year, but who are we kidding, we are Villa and we do not demand that at all. What I do want is a challenge within our means, the best attempt from both players and club at board level. What we have this season and the last one as well, is a clear disrespect from the guys in charge. Loyalty is lost and fans are boiling over because of it.

Our team is more than good enough to perform better than this, and Villa come from the second biggest city in England, yet the numbers are that low. It is amazing, spectacular even.

Whilst I understand and agree with elements of your argument parts of of it are rubbish. I do not consider myself to be part of a "small % of extremely loyal fans". I have been vociferous in my protests against the Villa board and Ellis in the past, think the current owner has lost the plot and think AM is a disaster. However I have never decided to stop supporting the club as a form of protest in the past and refuse to do so now. I do sadly believe that ST sales will be down massively next year and respect peoples decisions with-hold their hard earned cash but that doesnt mean I or 000's of others shouldnt renew. FWIW I would like Lerner to sell up and know that the fans are taken for granted but I am not going to change the habit of a lifetime. My comments have all stemmed from the fact that I cannot understand other fans betting on the Villa to go down. I do not consider myself to a better or truer fan than those who have decided to withold their support and reacted to a jibe - we all deal with the shit in different ways.

So he resigned from SHA by e-mail

And ??

Well according to you he's got "balls" when there isn't really anything to suggest that.

He treated that small time club in a way that befits them

What's not to like

The fact that he treated them like that in order to join us!

I really couldn't give a toss about how he treated them
Neither do I. I was just saying, what's not to like about what he did is that he did it in order to become our manager, which was a massive blow for the club.

Would still like to know how he has balls.