Relegation - Merged

Amo69

• Replies 4.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

without the spine of our team, things really look bleak. i am completely shitting myself... united away ticket arrived on sat, thats gonna be another mauling.....

Thank you Randy for **** us by appointing that **** clueless clown as our manager in the face of fan protest. You **** prick.

Wigan are in good form at the minute 1 defeat in 8 games out of all the teams at the bottom id say they are the most likely to get out of it
Wigan have a good coach/manager!

Do they? Last time I looked it was that Spanish waiter clown

Do they? Last time I looked it was that Spanish waiter clown

The same clown who has kept Wigan in this division on meagre resources for years while playing the right way. Behave.

Wigan are the ones below I am watching most closely. Yes they have 3 tough games coming up, but I believe they are the ones most likely to get out of it. They were adrift in January, but from nowhere they have sneaked up. They are going to do a last day houdini act again. Their last game is against a Wolves team who will already be relegated.

I posted this the other day. Last season, Wigan were on 27 points and bottom with 9 games to go. Over those next 9 games they managed 15 points and finished on 42, sending SHA, Blackpool and West Ham down.

People make the mistake of judging teams on how they have done up to this point. The reality is that they are fighting for their lives and they will always pull surprise results out of the hat.

Not to mention, Martinez outwitted our leader at this stage last season. There is every chance that he will do it again.

It is a surprise that QPR are down there given the strength of their squad. In saying that, they seem to click on Saturday and from what I have read, many fans are saying that was the best they have played all season.

Bolton have improved, so have Blackburn. It will be interesting how they get on tonight against Man Utd.

Apart from Wolves, it is not over yet.

People are backing Villa to go down at 12/1, is that what's happening here?

I am BOF. I fairly large some of money too. Id still rather they stay up of course, but I think those odds are massive.

The league worried me but I was still confident wed stay up. Then (as I had been in and out all weekend and didnt pay much attention to footy) saw the players who were in the line up in the ratings thread last night and thought shit.... Weve got another few weeks of that. And even then, with a full team, we have been completely abysmal in a large part.

I cannot for the life of me see where the next win is coming from.

I believe Petrov leading the team, wed grab a win or 2 somewhere.

Collins, Gabby and Ireland - not a chance.

As proud as I am of the younger ones, its becoming clearer every week, that they are just not good enough. Certainly not yet for a relegation scrap, and certainly not with a manager who seems to accept defeat before a ball is kicked. Yep, I didnt believe it for a long time, but then he deemed it necessary to tell me himself at the emirates.

QPR's run-in will kill them. They've the toughest of us all. If all things were equal I'd expect them to survive. Thankfully things are not equal and I don't think they will. Which is kind of a shame because I like Tony Fernandes.

Its ok everyone, dont worry, I have us surviving by 2 points with QPR, as long as we win the Bolton game.

Wolves, Wigan and Blackburn down.

Panic over.

Bolton beat us earlier on in the season at VP with their reserve side we only managed to register 1 or 2 shots on target in the first 80 minutes of the match

Panic Started

Its ok everyone, dont worry, I have us surviving by 2 points with QPR, as long as we win the Bolton game.

Panic over.

Bolton beat us earlier on in the season at VP with their reserve side we only managed to register a single shot on target in the first 80 minutes of the match

Panic Started

We've also beaten them or does that not count?

Panic over.

Bolton beat us earlier on in the season at VP with their reserve side we only managed to register a single shot on target in the first 80 minutes of the match

Panic Started

We've also beaten them or does that not count?

Ahh but i was at that league game. We never lose wen I go. And I wont be at another game this season me thinks. Were in deep shit......

In fact scrap that, I was at the cup game at home to Bolton too :P

Next season could see the Blosers playing in the premier league and us in the championship. That is as stark as it gets and when they went down last season, I thought that was the last we'd see of them for a long time.

Well, your post suggests it still could be :D

The problem we have is that Villa lack any fight, the oposition know if they get at us quickly and get an early goal our players will begin to hide as they have done so recently. If we could get the first goal against Stoke or Bolton there might be a different mentality but the painful truth is that we lack any creative spark that makes the difference, therefore we are easy pickings.

This difficult run of games could not come at a worse time as confidence and moral will sink to new depths and our Management and Coaching staff do not have the time to turn the tide. Our young, depleated squad just cannot cope with the pressure of avoiding relegation and I unfortunatley fear the worst.

Panic over.

Thats a relief, I've just put some cava in the fridge

Wigan are the ones below I am watching most closely. Yes they have 3 tough games coming up, but I believe they are the ones most likely to get out of it. They were adrift in January, but from nowhere they have sneaked up. They are going to do a last day houdini act again. Their last game is against a Wolves team who will already be relegated.

I posted this the other day. Last season, Wigan were on 27 points and bottom with 9 games to go. Over those next 9 games they managed 15 points and finished on 42, sending SHA, Blackpool and West Ham down.

People make the mistake of judging teams on how they have done up to this point. The reality is that they are fighting for their lives and they will always pull surprise results out of the hat.

Not to mention, Martinez outwitted our leader at this stage last season. There is every chance that he will do it again.

It is a surprise that QPR are down there given the strength of their squad. In saying that, they seem to click on Saturday and from what I have read, many fans are saying that was the best they have played all season.

Bolton have improved, so have Blackburn. It will be interesting how they get on tonight against Man Utd.

Apart from Wolves, it is not over yet.

Yep, Martninez - never panics, sticks with his guns and always succeeds.

A manager I like v much and was gutted when he turned us down.

Read somewhere that when he buys a player he gives them a period out of the team to allow them to settle in.

Is it just me or has Shaun Maloney come into the team 'on fire' after a massive spell out?

QPR's run-in will kill them. They've the toughest of us all. If all things were equal I'd expect them to survive. Thankfully things are not equal and I don't think they will. Which is kind of a shame because I like Tony Fernandes.

And out of that tough run in they've just took 6 points from Arsenal & Liverpool, we got mauled at Arsenal and probably will get more of the same against Liverpool, QPR have players who can score goals and we don't, Gabby will never be prolific at all even in the championship next season he'll only manage about 10-12 goals tops, I got 20/1 six weeks ago on us going down as even back then I couldn't see us being good enough to survive.

And out of that tough run in they've just took 6 points from Arsenal & Liverpool, we got mauled at Arsenal and probably will get more of the same against Liverpool, QPR have players who can score goals and we don't, Gabby will never be prolific at all even in the championship next season he'll only manage about 10-12 goals tops, I got 20/1 six weeks ago on us going down as even back then I couldn't see us being good enough to survive.

Love him or hate him I would rather have a player with the fight of Joey Barton in my team in a relegation fight.