Relegation - Merged

Amo69

I still think we'll stay up - i can see us getting points from the Bolton, Albion, Stoke and Norwich games. By all accounts Bolton weren't particularly good today and Albion seem to have switched off. If we need something from the Norwich game i think we'll get it.

However it's a bloody disgrace that we are in this position again and Lerner and Faulkner should hang their heads in shame for appointing such an inept manager.

• Replies 4.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

we still won't go down, though I concede I didn't expect qpr and wigan to pick up the wins they did. I expected us to lose to arsenal and chelsea, but pick up points against bolton, stoke, etc. It's more vulnerable a situation sure, but I still expect us to survive.

Where have all the people gone that said "we wont go down" ,"there is no chance that the teams below us can all pick up enough points to cathc us". well, here we are, hovering right above them with a absolute shocking fixture list. Im sorry to say it but really think we could be one of the favorites to go down now. QPR look like they have clicked, Bolton have found some spirit, Wigan going to go on a run like they did last season towards the end of the season, whilst we keep rolling over and having out belly tickled.RELEGATION is very much on the cards now lads.

Lerner, your a f##king prick, as far as im concerned you deserve everything that is coming your way. Premiership experiance, meh.... what a f##king joke of an appointment and you havent even got the balls to rectify your decision... Gutless Tw@t.

And ANYONE who had already renewed their season ticket, Well, bigger the fools you!

I still don't think we'll go down, in face we'll finish where we are now and QPR,Wigan and Wolves will go.

I've also renewed my season ticket because I support my team whatever division they are in, having experienced Division 3 for 2 seasons.

I may be a fool but I'm a claret and blue fool, not a fair weather one.

Where have all the people gone that said "we wont go down" ,"there is no chance that the teams below us can all pick up enough points to cathc us". well, here we are, hovering right above them with a absolute shocking fixture list. Im sorry to say it but really think we could be one of the favorites to go down now. QPR look like they have clicked, Bolton have found some spirit, Wigan going to go on a run like they did last season towards the end of the season, whilst we keep rolling over and having out belly tickled.RELEGATION is very much on the cards now lads.

Lerner, your a f##king prick, as far as im concerned you deserve everything that is coming your way. Premiership experiance, meh.... what a f##king joke of an appointment and you havent even got the balls to rectify your decision... Gutless Tw@t.

And ANYONE who had already renewed their season ticket, Well, bigger the fools you!

I stand by my previous comments about us not being relegated and renewing my season tickets. The odds that we will be relegated instead of those below us statistically against and still well in our favour. Does that mean we are doing well no it doesnt but Frankly Villa "fans" like you make me nauseous. Having a go at the owners and management is fine but there is no need to attack other fans - the mess we are in is not of the fans making. Thinking we will stay up and renewing season tickets does not mean people like me are any less angry at the club ownership or McCleish.

I havnt attacked anyone, I was mearly pointing out that SO MANY FANS LIKE YOURSELF are too quick to shoot REALISTIC fans like MYSELF down when we mention that relegation IS a possibility. It is only our opinion that it could be a very high possibility that we could actually go down.

I stand by my previous comments about us not being relegated and renewing my season tickets. The odds that we will be relegated instead of those below us statistically against and still well in our favour. Does that mean we are doing well no it doesnt but Frankly Villa "fans" like you make me nauseous. Having a go at the owners and management is fine but there is no need to attack other fans - the mess we are in is not of the fans making. Thinking we will stay up and renewing season tickets does not mean people like me are any less angry at the club ownership or McCleish.

Having followed my club for decades doesn't make me a fool but your attack on those that don't agree with your hysterical comments does show you are a bit of a clearing in the woods and that you need to grow some.

I havnt attacked anyone, I was mearly pointing out that SO MANY FANS LIKE YOURSELF are too quick to shoot REALISTIC fans like MYSELF down when we mention that relegation IS a possibility. It is only our opinion that it could be a very high possibility that we could actually go down.

And calling someone a Clearing in the woods over a internet forum shows you have really grown a pair dosent it mate...? you have sort of been slightly hypocritical saying I am attacking fans to then go and do that? brilliant...

Do you REALLY need to SHOUT to EMPHASIZE your WORDS?

Having followed my club for decades doesn't make me a fool but your attack on those that don't agree with your hysterical comments does show you are a bit of a clearing in the woods and that you need to grow some.

And calling someone a Clearing in the woods over a internet forum shows you have really grown a pair dosent it mate...? you have sort of been slightly hypocritical saying I am attacking fans to then go and do that? brilliant...

Do you REALLY need to SHOUT to EMPHASIZE your WORDS?

Do you really need to comment? Does it really matter how i've typed it out? Does it bother you that much? Jesus... there are some touchy people on this site.

You're still not really getting this, are you?

Apart from one or two people who may have claimed we cannot or definitely will not go down - who were just wrong - everyone recognises there is a possibility we could go down.

It's just that most people see that it's not very likely.

It would require a remarkable run of results involving us and three other clubs along with a massive collapse in form for all the top 6 clubs, to get us relegated.

Now, saying something is very unliklely is not the same as saying it definitely won't happen.

It could happen of course but I challenge you to justify your assertion that there is a very high possibility we could go down.

If you were a Wolves fan you would be right to say that or if you were a Villa fan this time last year but not as a Villa fan this year.

Of the bottom six teams who's position would you rather be in? I think you would choose ours as having the points on the board is a massive advantage especially with only 7 games to play. I also think you may be getting confused between realism and pessimism.

the fixtures left are:

liverpool (A)

stoke (H)

united (A)

sunderland (H)

bolton (H)

west brom (A)

spurs (H)

norwich (A)

4 points would probably see us safe, 6 would definitely see us safe. not in the slightest big worried about going down tbh.

bolton have:

fulham (H)

newcastle (A)

swansea (H)

villa (A)

sunderland (A)

spurs (H)

west brom (H)

stoke (H)

blackburn have:

united (H)

west brom (A)

liverpool (H)

swansea (A)

norwich (H)

spurs (A)

wigan (H)

chelsea (A)

QPR have:

united (A)

swansea (H)

west brom (A)

spurs (H)

chelsea (A)

stoke (H)

city (A)

wigan have:

chelsea (A)

united (H)

arsenal (A)

fulham (A)

newcastle (H)

blackburn (A)

wolves (H)

plenty of games between the bottom 5 where they can't both win. wigan have a horrendous run in, genuinely can't see them picking up the 6 points more than villa they'd need to pass us out, and qpr aren't far behind with their remaining games, again they'd need 6 more than villa to pass us out. blackburn could pick up as many as 12 points from their games, but with their goal difference villa would only need to get 6 more to stay ahead of them

if it was just 1 or 2 strings of results like that you'd need, then maybe, but realistically you need 3 teams to put together better runs for the last 7 games than they have all season, while playing the teams around them. they can't all go on those runs

In goal

At the back

In midfield

& up front

Would that be the same quality that has us at 16th and still falling?

Pernickety point I guess but actually it's 15th and we've been there for some time and can't fall any lower for at least two games.

If we were able to get Bent, Petrov and possibly Dunne back (to replace Baker) then i'd be a tad more confident of getting six points. As it is, i can actually see us getting two draws out of our remaining games which simply won't be enough to keep us up especially with the manager we have.

In goal

At the back

In midfield

& up front

Would that be the same quality that has us at 16th and still falling?

Pernickety point I guess but actually it's 15th and we've been there for some time and can't fall any lower for at least two games.

On 'dodgyknees' table we're 16th!

i'll admit im worried now. the results didnt go our way today but next week is a big week for the relegation fight. villa have liverpool who have lost to wigan and qpr in recent weeks so we should definitely be able to get a result there with clark, cuellar and hopefully nzog back.

Then qpr have man utd and wigan have chelsea surely they wont get anything there hopefully

If we were able to get Bent, Petrov and possibly Dunne back (to replace Baker) then i'd be a tad more confident of getting six points. As it is, i can actually see us getting two draws out of our remaining games which simply won't be enough to keep us up especially with the manager we have.

if we get 2 draws, then for us to go down we would need ALL the following to happen:

wigan to get 8 points from chelsea, united, arsenal, fulham, newcastle, blackburn, wolves

qpr to get 8 points from united, swansea, west brom, spurs, chelsea, stoke, city

blackburn to get 8 points from united, west brom, liverpool, swansea, norwich, spurs, wigan, chelsea

bolton to get 7 points from fulham, newcastle, swansea, villa, sunderland, spurs, west brom, stoke