Relegation - Merged

Amo69

you know I have not one clue what you are attempting to say here probably better that way. Actually out and about tonight having a few drinks and replying by phone but there you go

Just being light hearted Richard, enjoy your drinks.

• Replies 4.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

you know I have not one clue what you are attempting to say here probably better that way. Actually out and about tonight having a few drinks and replying by phone but there you go

Just being light hearted Richard, enjoy your drinks.

oh I am and the warm weather encouraging summer clothing is helping enormously

I'm terrified.

My post above shows we survived a much close relegation fight last season we a similar run in.

We was only 1 point above the drop zone this time last season

We had a (slightly) more competent manager.

We had a style of play that was eventually going to start coming good, which I believe it did towards the end of the season. Whether that was down to Houllier not having control of the team due to health or not.

I always felt that things would eventually come together under Houllier and we'd start playing well. Well enough to stay up anyway.

Either way, we went on a good run.

I don't get that feeling with mcLeish. He's not building anything. he has no style of play that will eventually click and start working. He has nothing. He brings nothing. He gives nothing. He produces nothing. He is nothing. And we, Aston Villa, under McLeish, are nothing.

I don't feel we are capable of having a similar run in this season. We are woeful

Agree with this and weirdly agree with Richard, I struggle to see where we are even going to score the goals. 2 goals in our last 5 games, very worrying but not surprising which is the worst part.

I've never know a team finish a league season in a "false" position. What a load of nonsense.

Your opinion of course but take a look at who we played and their injuries at the time they played us. It is not nonsense, we got lucky and our current position reflects that.

I like how some posters with a downer on all things Villa will say we got lucky playing against certain teams because they had injuries. This argument can easily be turned on its head: why not say the other clubs got lucky earlier in the season (2010/11) when WE had loads of injuries? Would we have been in the position we were in if we hadn't been going through the worst injury crisis I can ever remember at Villa Park?

Some folk simply have an inferiority complex when it comes to Villa and just can't quite get their heads around the fact that Villa are capable of beating anyone. Have some belief in Villa. Loads of people on here were claiming the last two matches of last season would yield zero points...we got six...and we got them because we were simply better than the two teams we faced. Our form at the end of the season was simply superb. The team had clicked, were playing for each other and were enjoying their football. Are you telling me that a team featuring Ashley Young, Gabby, Friedel, Kyle Walker, Darren Bent and co wasn't at least as good as most of last season's top six? Of course it was. That's a quality nucleus of a side and it was more than a match for anyone - as the well deserved wins over the overrated teams you seem to put on a pedestal suggest.

Obviously, Young, Friedel and Walker have gone and we have clearly missed their quality this year. Having said that, we are still in a better position at this stage of the season than compared to last. Have a bit of faith in your club and the players and they might be able to show you just how good they really are. Please give Villa credit and stop putting other (inferior) clubs on a pedestal - with support like that no wonder we are one-nil down before a ball is even kicked. Have some belief in Villa.

I accept your opinion but please point out where i said we can't beat anyone? Please point out where i have stipulated that i am down on all things Villa? Please also point out where i said our squad wasn't capable of finishing in the top six and please also point out where i have put the teams we played against last season in our run in, on a pedestal? It would therefore be better if you actually read what i've posted instead of attacking someone for something they didn't say.

I see that you have stated our team clicked in the last two games of the season and played superb football. Really? So what happened in our previous games, but lets just brush that under the carpet to suit your opinion.

We finished 9TH due to the fact that in our run in we played teams which were weakened due to injuries. We got lucky and its about time you take the blinkers off and actually take a good hard look at what is happening to our club particularly over the past two seasons!

I think other teams were lucky to be playing us when we had loads of injuries at the beginning of the season.

I said our "form" was superb.

You can't say we got lucky because the opposition had injuries and then not recognize the fact that we had injuries and were in chaos at the beginning of the season - it's being incredibly selective and biased against your own team. Cut Villa some slack and apply the rules you use to judge Villa to other teams too. It's hard to take your argument seriously when you are being so uneven in your analysis of the situation.

Well said Alex!

You're welcome!*modest cough*.

Disappointed mate. You're too much of a 'smart Alex' to be the real thing. :winkold:

McLeish seems to think by setting the team up defensively then it will stop these 'elite' teams from playing.

He can do this at Wigan/Blackburn etc and come away with deserved points. But by now, Premiership managers know what to expect from a McLeish team and they know that we are going to sit extremely deep and invite pressure.

You cannot soak up attack after attack without cracking eventually.

It is almost like the players have forgotten how to attack - given the lack of ideas and invention when we do have the ball.

Wolves v Bolton is a huge game. Might find a stream for that instead, as Mcleish and his defensive tactics will make that too boring to watch.

How sad that it comes to that. But you are right, Wolves Bolton is a massive game. I cannot see Wolves winning another game.

McLeish seems to think by setting the team up defensively then it will stop these 'elite' teams from playing.

He can do this at Wigan/Blackburn etc and come away with deserved points. But by now, Premiership managers know what to expect from a McLeish team and they know that we are going to sit extremely deep and invite pressure.

You cannot soak up attack after attack without cracking eventually.

It is almost like the players have forgotten how to attack - given the lack of ideas and invention when we do have the ball.

best form of defence is attack.

we are cack in midfield so we should play 4-2-4 and **** it. just have a go :D

We are **** ..the teams below us keep winning and we have Liverpool and Man U next away ..that 5 point gap is going to be gone.As bad as Mcliesh is with the injuries we have and Petrov's illness I doubt sacking him will save us now

definately a real possibility.

We've got a ruck load of injuries, low on confidence and a poor motivator in charge.

The other teams below us (barring Wolves) are picking up vital points and wins - can't see where our next points will come from.