Relegation - Merged

Amo69

We'll comfortably stay up.

Things are really really bad but not that shite enough for relegation.

Next season will be a different story unless we seriously buck our ideas up in the summer.

To repeat what others have said, they are bad enough under usual circumstances. Points total is the same as last season when we were bricking it but we had at least started to show some sporadic form. The team seemed relatively settled, there was a formula and a plan. We still had the Wolves performance to come but in the games against Manchester City, Man United and the wins against Wigan and Blackburn we had started to show fight.

This is a worse experience than O'Dreary's last season for me as at least he had the excuse of an abysmal squad to contend with.

McClown has that excuse too. Only Bent and Given are quality and then Agbonlahor and possibly Cuellar average. The rest of them are horrific, and can leave in the summer.

• Replies 4.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Next season will be a different story unless we seriously buck our ideas up in the summer.

To repeat what others have said, they are bad enough under usual circumstances. Points total is the same as last season when we were bricking it but we had at least started to show some sporadic form. The team seemed relatively settled, there was a formula and a plan. We still had the Wolves performance to come but in the games against Manchester City, Man United and the wins against Wigan and Blackburn we had started to show fight.

This is a worse experience than O'Dreary's last season for me as at least he had the excuse of an abysmal squad to contend with.

McClown has that excuse too. Only Bent and Given are quality and then Agbonlahor and possibly Cuellar average. The rest of them are horrific, and can leave in the summer.

So Ireland, N'Zogbia, Clark and Gardner are horrific?

Yes there's some dross in the squad but I think you're way off in your statement.

So Ireland, N'Zogbia, Clark and Gardner are horrific?

Yes there's some dross in the squad but I think you're way off in your statement.

Ireland and Zog have not impressed since they joined the club. Rare glimpses of quality but if they leave in summer I would not care. I put clark and gardner in the bracket as delfouneso and albighton. Young guys trying to make it in the game, but ultimately I dont think they will be of the qulaity we hope. I dont think they have the quality to take us where we wanted to be as a club.

Funfact:

McLeish lost a few players through injury shortly after the Carling cup final in 2011, including key strikers, and found it difficult to fill the void, continuing to play shite like Cameron Jerome.

At this point in the league, he had 30 points - 1 more than we have this season at the same point of the season.

He went on to win 2 games, draw 3 and lost 8.

I'd set your guns to "Championship" like I am. If we somehow manage to avoid it this season, if we carry on McLeish, we WILL be relegated next season.

But as has been pointed out many times. The teams at the bottom did alot better last season then the bottom teams this year. Last year Blackpool went down with 39 points, this year 35 will probably enough to survive. The bottom teams this year are worse then usual.

I agree about going down next season though.

Funfact:

McLeish lost a few players through injury shortly after the Carling cup final in 2011, including key strikers, and found it difficult to fill the void, continuing to play shite like Cameron Jerome.

At this point in the league, he had 30 points - 1 more than we have this season at the same point of the season.

He went on to win 2 games, draw 3 and lost 8.

I'd set your guns to "Championship" like I am. If we somehow manage to avoid it this season, if we carry on McLeish, we WILL be relegated next season.

:cry: exactly ..talk of us being safe is very far of the mark IMO.

The bookies dont seem to concerned

Relegation

Wigan - 1/3

Wolves - 4/6

Blackburn - 4/6

Bolton - 4/6

QPR - 10/11

Swansea - 20/1

Aston Villa - 20/1

So? The bookies base their odds on what people are betting on. Our poor form this season has largely gone under the radar because we haven't really been tonked by anybody (yet). I'd say our chances of going down are way shorter than 20/1.

Relegation

Wigan - 1/3

Wolves - 4/6

Blackburn - 4/6

Bolton - 4/6

QPR - 10/11

Swansea - 20/1

Aston Villa - 20/1

Most places have us at 16/1 or 14/1 to go down atm, with Swansea on slightly shorter odds overall. As someone who backed Red Marauder and Silver Birch in their grand national wins, I don't take much comfort from these odds (they both came in at 33/1 :lol: ).

Our fixtures after the next two games make me incredibly scared.

Yep, nobody is picking up on this.

We are in deep shit as I can see defeat at Blackburn next week then very ugly scenes v Fulham

Relegation is what McLeish does

On the bright side and to the benefit of football MCleish will probably never manage again if he gets us relegated as a pattern will seriously show.

Birmingham relegated.

Villa Relegated.

Not to mention he finished third with Rangers i mean who the **** finishes 3rd with Rangers its a piss poor league.

I actually feel for him sometimes as he lives in a deluded world where he has to work hard to convince himself that he's a half decent manager and thats at best.

MCLEISH DON'T EVER MANAGE A FOOTBALL CLUB AGAIN AND DO THE WORLD A FAVOUR AS YOUR KILLING FOOTBALL.

Our fixtures after the next two games make me incredibly scared.

Yep, nobody is picking up on this.

We are in deep shit as I can see defeat at Blackburn next week then very ugly scenes v Fulham

Relegation is what McLeish does

Yep, I don't like what I'm seeing in the fixture list. Of the remaining 12 there are 5 games I'm sure we'll lose (Arse, Chelsea, Plop, ManU and Spurs).

There are two we should expect to get something out of - Blackburn and Bolton - but I'm far from confident we will.

As for the rest they are more difficult to call but we are capable of losing the lot. For example, I can easily see Fulham and Sunderland coming to VP and turning us over and I reckon we could easily get a beating at Albion.

I know it doesn't mean relegation but it is a really dire state of affairs.

On the bright side and to the benefit of football MCleish will probably never manage again if he gets us relegated as a pattern will seriously show.

Birmingham relegated.

Villa Relegated.

Not to mention he finished third with Rangers i mean who the **** finishes 3rd with Rangers its a piss poor league.

I actually feel for him sometimes as he lives in a deluded world where he has to work hard to convince himself that he's a half decent manager and thats at best.

MCLEISH DON'T EVER MANAGE A FOOTBALL CLUB AGAIN AND DO THE WORLD A FAVOUR AS YOUR KILLING FOOTBALL.

Unfortunately, I think you're wrong. If we get relegated he'll carry on managing us.

Birmingham relegated.

Villa Relegated.

Unfortunately, I think you're wrong. If we get relegated he'll carry on managing us.

Then call us the new Birmingham FC as we will be no different if anything we have swapped roles.

Its actually embarrassing, i would have O Neill back tomorrow as he is a billion times better than MCleish

Relegation

Wigan - 1/3

Wolves - 4/6

Blackburn - 4/6

Bolton - 4/6

QPR - 10/11

Swansea - 20/1

Aston Villa - 20/1

So? The bookies base their odds on what people are betting on. Our poor form this season has largely gone under the radar because we haven't really been tonked by anybody (yet). I'd say our chances of going down are way shorter than 20/1.

Will you be putting any money on us at 20/1?