scoring goalkeepers

Meath_Villan

From opta joe via twitter -Tim Howard is the fourth goalkeeper in PL history to score a goal, after Peter Schmeichel, Brad Friedel and Paul Robinson

but a friend of mine pointed out mark bosnich wiki page that has a 1 beside his villa stats ...did he ? I cant remember was it in a cup ?

I love keeper goals. I never remember Friedel going up for us, was it because he was too old to get back? The Robinson one was funny, think he's also scored a header and won a penalty recently too. Friedel's I remember because he grabbed an equaliser then let one in 30 seconds later.

I was at the game where Schmeichel scored and for the life of me don't know why he went up when we were 2 behind, never seen a keeper go up for a corner when the goal wouldn't actually matter before, or since.

=but a friend of mine pointed out mark bosnich wiki page that has a 1 beside his villa stats ...did he ? I cant remember was it in a cup ?

Just looked through The Complete Record, and there isn't any goal for him in there, cup(s) or league

THe Mart Poom one is just about one of the best headers ever.. not just goalkeeper, it's just a fantastic header.

The one from France is insane. I remember seeing that years ago but had forgotten about it.. what level was that? Couldn't have been a high for for a) him to have ran so easily past everyone, and B) for him to be allowed by his own team to do that!

The one from France is insane. I remember seeing that years ago but had forgotten about it.. what level was that? Couldn't have been a high for for a) him to have ran so easily past everyone, and B) for him to be allowed by his own team to do that!

Isn't that Ajax legend Stanley Menzo? Van Der Sar was his understudy just before Ajax went from quite good to ridiculously good.

The whole idea of a kepper scoring is cool because he's not meant to score.

I think that's why it's much better, to me, that a keeper scores on a corner or from his own half when he's not really supposed to.

If a keeper takes penalties and/or free kicks (ala Chilavert or Ceni) it's not as special.

Still cool, but give me Mart Poom's header or Tim Howard's screamer over a Ceni or Hguita free kick anyday

Â